[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The future implications of this study  (Read 2096 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
The future implications of this study
« on: January 22, 2013, 09:55:38 PM »
SS Marquette

Benny B

• All American
Re: The future implications of this study
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 10:32:54 AM »
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/8867972/ucla-study-finds-signs-cte-living-former-nfl-players-first-time

Kinda scary, if you ask me.

I know my kids won't be playing FB.

Wow... this could actually be much worse than I had originally suspected.  The prospect of mandated testing for CTE at the high school or college level has disaster written all over it.  Most of the top players in the NFL today were multi-sport athletes in college or high school... just think of the talent drain had a portion of these guys chose another path 5-10 years ago due to CTE testing.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:36:44 AM »
Wow... this could actually be much worse than I had originally suspected.  The prospect of mandated testing for CTE at the high school or college level has disaster written all over it.  Most of the top players in the NFL today were multi-sport athletes in college or high school... just think of the talent drain had a portion of these guys chose another path 5-10 years ago due to CTE testing.

I don't really follow football, but have been concerned about the lack of African-Americans in MLB for years. This may move those kids back to the sport.

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 11:35:03 AM »
Brain scans performed on five former NFL players revealed images of the protein that causes football-related brain damage -- the first time researchers have identified signs of the crippling disease in living players.

Don't get me wrong, the NFL will need to look into this issue for many reasons, but only five brain scans tells you very, very little if not, nothing.  This study will be overblown and the study itself mentions that it is a pilot study that has no scientific bearing.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 12:35:52 PM »
Memo to Larry Williams:  Don't start a football program.

Oh, I think he already knew that.  Maybe the Big EAST circa 2010 will eventually come back together after they all have to drop football.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 02:28:20 PM »
And so, it begins... as the prophecy of Benny B once foretold, the era of football lawsuits is nigh.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/seaus-family-sues-nfl-over-173338006--nfl.html

The lawsuit accuses the league of glorifying the violence in pro football, and creating the impression that delivering big hits ''is a badge of courage which does not seriously threaten one's health.''
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 12:27:29 AM »
It's not related to the OP, but I figured it belonged here.

And THIS guy was not a head knocker, defensive dude, guy in the trenches.

He was one of the prima donna positions of all of FB: WR.

Sad but true...Meet Wesley "I can't feel nothing but pain" Walker: http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_22558403/former-cal-star-wesley-walker-constant-wrenching-pain
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:29:06 AM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 11:40:59 AM »
And so, it begins... as the prophecy of Benny B once foretold, the era of football lawsuits is nigh.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/seaus-family-sues-nfl-over-173338006--nfl.html

Didn't the prophecy of Benny B say IU wouldn't be ranked starting tomorrow?   ;D

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 09:24:31 AM »
Didn't the prophecy of Benny B say IU wouldn't be ranked starting tomorrow?   ;D

Meh... not so much a prophecy as an antagonistic comment to rile up the IU crowd.  Nevertheless, I'm still hitting better than the Mayans.

PM the quote, and I'll wear it the rest of the season.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 10:37:12 AM »
Meh... not so much a prophecy as an antagonistic comment to rile up the IU crowd.  Nevertheless, I'm still hitting better than the Mayans.

PM the quote, and I'll wear it the rest of the season.

I'll have to figure out what quote to use.

feedback