[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 NHL Thread  (Read 79716 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: 2013 NHL Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 05:35:16 PM »
The WILD take down the Hawks!

THE STATE of HOCKEY reigns supreme.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 05:52:58 PM »
Had a fun night hanging out with the BlackHawk's players at Alary's till 3AM after the tie/loss/overtime loss/shootout loss/BlackHawks still got a point on the road.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2013, 08:26:28 PM »
Go Ducks!  Quack Quack

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 08:39:00 PM »

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2013, 09:47:22 PM »
Oye.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2013, 10:03:52 PM »
Holy cr@p. 13 minutes into the game and its 3-3!

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 04:33:42 PM »
Holy cr@p. 13 minutes into the game and its 3-3!

With the short season, this could go down as a big statement game.  Amazing start. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 05:01:33 PM »
Torres is going home in a body bag Thursday night.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 11:30:43 AM »
Torres is going home in a body bag Thursday night.

I would love nothing more for then that to happen. That guy is such a punk. Really wishing Car bomb wasnt hut so he could get into it with him tonight. But I say that Bollig or Mayers (whichever one isnt scratched) takes a run at Torres tonight.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2013, 08:42:58 PM »
Mayers wasted no time in finding Torres.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2013, 08:23:47 AM »
Mayers wasted no time in finding Torres.

Love that Torres figured there was a line change, might as well throw the gloves off.

Mayers probably told him not to go far though.

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2013, 11:03:56 AM »
Was very surprised by the thrashing that Vancouver gave Minnesota last night.

Even as a Canucks fan, I was hoping to go in there and squeek out a point, not be up 4-0 after 2 periods.

What the hell is wrong with the Wild. I thought it was just road woes but the problem seems to have come back to the Xcel center too.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2013, 12:39:44 PM »
I'm not a huge schadenfreude guy, but, as a lifelong hockey fan, I want nothing more than that league/Bettman/southern-teams to rot in hell this year.

That league can go eff itself. I'm honestly shocked by the number of fans that have - early on - returned to the game. Most of the attendance numbers are b.s. right now because it took $7 tickets, free beer, and BOGO offers just to get the saps in the doors this year. We'll see how things go in another couple weeks.

But I'm holding firm to not paying any attention to a league that is run by Napolean. It's a joke.

(note - I came to the Superbar for the first time ever to see what was here and the hockey subject was at the top. In years past, I'd be all over it yelling about how Jimmy Howard is a terribly overrated goalie and that Ken Holland has spent too much time polishing his rings the last five years while 10 other teams pass the Wings by...but not this season. Eff off NHL. I hope you go bankrupt, you lose hundreds of millions of dollars, and that teams in Phoenix, Florida, Carolina and Columbus naturally die-off and reloate to Canada. The Devils too. They suck and so do their fans...all 512 of them.)

Mannnnn, that felt good.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2013, 08:54:47 AM »
I'm not a huge schadenfreude guy, but, as a lifelong hockey fan, I want nothing more than that league/Bettman/southern-teams to rot in hell this year.

That league can go eff itself. I'm honestly shocked by the number of fans that have - early on - returned to the game. Most of the attendance numbers are b.s. right now because it took $7 tickets, free beer, and BOGO offers just to get the saps in the doors this year. We'll see how things go in another couple weeks.

But I'm holding firm to not paying any attention to a league that is run by Napolean. It's a joke.

(note - I came to the Superbar for the first time ever to see what was here and the hockey subject was at the top. In years past, I'd be all over it yelling about how Jimmy Howard is a terribly overrated goalie and that Ken Holland has spent too much time polishing his rings the last five years while 10 other teams pass the Wings by...but not this season. Eff off NHL. I hope you go bankrupt, you lose hundreds of millions of dollars, and that teams in Phoenix, Florida, Carolina and Columbus naturally die-off and reloate to Canada. The Devils too. They suck and so do their fans...all 512 of them.)

Mannnnn, that felt good.

Like Niv I'm a lifelong hockey fan.  (My grandfather immigrated from Quebec and was a diehard Canadiens fan and he passed that onto my dad.)  I was diehard Whalers fan and I've "protested" the NHL since they moved.  I haven't watched an NHL game since nor been to an NHL game.  And I'd had several opportunities.  I'll watch Olympic or college hockey.  (I have two Top 10 college teams 15 mins away from me in Yale & Quinnipiac.)

"I want nothing more than that league/Bettman/southern-teams to rot in hell this year." is the exact Whaler fan sentiment.  (How many NHL teams need to fail in Atlanta?)  If Carolina won the Stanley Cup in Hartford the arena would be sold out every night.  What does it tell you when 15 years after they move, among the best selling NHL merchandise is Hartford Whalers items.  (This is true.)  I will never cheer for the Bruins or Rangers (or in Whaler-speak Ruins & Ranjerks). 

Glad to hear someone else talk my talk on the NHL.  Thanks Niv.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2013, 12:24:50 PM »

Mannnnn, that felt good.

Why the hate for the Devils?

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2013, 03:25:30 PM »
Why hate the Devils? Lets see...

Their fans suck
The few fans they have think they are the best ever and always come up with a million excuses for why they couldn't come close to selling out games in their heyday
They are an expansion team in a market that can barely support two teams
And last but not least, their clutch-and-grab, left wing lock single handedly made the league completely unwatchable for a span of about six years

Oh yeah, there's also the matter of the most overrated goalie in history who won all those games in that horse chit system.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 07:58:42 AM by Niv Berkowitz »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2013, 09:44:15 PM »
Wow...the Hawks are damn good.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2013, 08:45:14 AM »
Why hate the Devils? Lets see...

Their fans suck
The few fans they have think they are the best ever and always come up with a million excuses for why they couldn't come close to selling out games in their heyday
They are an expansion team in a market that can barely support two teams
And last but not least, their clutch-and-grab, left wing lock single handedly made the league completely unwatchable for a span of about six years

Oh yeah, there's also the matter of the most overrated goalie in history who won all those games in that horse chit system.

Too many inaccuracies in that hysterical explanation. Must be a Wings fan.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2013, 12:17:24 PM »
Chicos, your Ducks are going down tonight.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2013, 03:53:29 PM »
Chicos, your Ducks are going down tonight.

Chicos...wanna wager on tonight's match?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2013, 10:51:17 PM »
Chicos...wanna wager on tonight's match?

Sure.  LOL

I was at a dinner tonight with HBO, just drove home to catch OT and the shootout. Ducks win...Ducks win!!  Quack Quack

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2013, 07:58:58 AM »
Sure.  LOL

I was at a dinner tonight with HBO, just drove home to catch OT and the shootout. Ducks win...Ducks win!!  Quack Quack

Was there last night, Chicos.  After the first period (with not much flow either way), a well played game with some very good goal tending on both ends.  Your guys made Crawford look bad in the shoot-out, though.  Next time.

Bring on the Sharks!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2013, 08:22:02 AM »
Was there last night, Chicos.  After the first period (with not much flow either way), a well played game with some very good goal tending on both ends.  Your guys made Crawford look bad in the shoot-out, though.  Next time.

Bring on the Sharks!

Our new goalie is something else.  Off to a great start.  Teemu still chugging along. Teemu was with the Ducks when I worked for them....13 years ago and he was already a vet then.  Crazy. 

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2013, 08:50:52 AM »
Teemu is crazy--didn't do much last night, but 4 points at 42 in the previous game is wild. 

Isn't Fasth (30 year old rookie??) just back-up until Hiller comes back?  Bring back Hiller!

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2013, 10:43:01 AM »
Chicos - given your business, I thought you'd be interested in this tweet - I assume this refers to a regular season game on Comcast - nonetheless, testament to this year's Hawks, Ducks and hunger for hockey:
@JeffNuich: Approx. 195K Chicago mrkt TV homes tuned into last night's #Blackhawks gm vs. ANA on @CSNChicago -- 3rd ALL-TIME highest-rtd game...