Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The problem with RingOutAhoya.com’s being “dead,” or close to it, …  (Read 5010 times)

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
… is that basketball junkies, especially from other schools, and members of the news media will still come to it and be left with the impression that Marquette has a weak fan base that has little interest in and few thoughts about the team.

We know none of that is true, but appearances can be deceiving.

(I have posted a similar message at RingOutAhoya.com at Rivals.com.)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 10:52:14 AM by MU Avenue »

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: The problem with RingOutAhoya.com’s being “dead,” or close to it …
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 10:54:22 AM »
We'll continue to remind people about this site that happen upon Rivals.  Since we moved, MUScoop's name has always been mentioned in the most recent threads on rivals.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
WE ARE!!!

MU (Scoop)!!!
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

MUinOH

• Scholarship Player
… is that basketball junkies, especially from other schools, and members of the news media will still come to it and be left with the impression that Marquette has a weak fan base that has little interest in and few thoughts about the team.

I don't think this will be a problem, as long as this site draws a crowd (which it seems to be doing).  Bearcat fans abandoned Rivals years ago, and have migrated to several different sites since then.  And they're still pretty easy to find.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Heh, I guess the rivals.com staff decided I went overboard, I'm now blacklisted there (hah!).

But yes, many schools have independent sites, and they all seem to do well.  Another thing that we're trying to do (Spiral started the idea), is to make sure to stop in to rivals fans' boards before each game to say howdy, and let them know about MUScoop.  You may need to be wary of using a link to MUScoop.com (some sites don't like that), but mentioning a google search of MUScoop will find the site easily ;)

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
Blacklisted? From a college basketball Web site?
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 02:08:07 PM »
I do not keep up on the issues, conflicts or “politics” that surround these sites. What must one do to be banished and blacklisted?

I am very curious. Please give details.

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
I'm sure Rocky was banned from the rivals site because he started a competing site.  Rivals and Scout are business ventures, so their banning and deleting policy will usually reflect that.

It would be pretty hard to be banned from this site.  As long as one's posts are not malicious, racist or rated R, then one is free to have an opinion, supportive or critical.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
I imagine he was banned not because he started a competing site, but that he was posting messages directing people to his competing site.  Which, really, makes sense.  Kinda like McDonalds not allowing an advert for Burger King in their window.

bma725

• All American
I imagine he was banned not because he started a competing site, but that he was posting messages directing people to his competing site.  Which, really, makes sense.  Kinda like McDonalds not allowing an advert for Burger King in their window.

Right.  Rivals still lets Dodds and IWB post, but if they started blatantly advertising their site they would probably be banned as well.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
It doesn't help that MUScoop has basically buried Ahoya.

MU62

• Starter
Re: The problem with RingOutAhoya.com’s being “dead,” or close to it, …
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 07:46:18 PM »
This is all very sad.  A step down from the old site but here we are.  A fan for 50 years. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 08:27:09 PM »
A step down?  Boy, I don't think so.  The software is 10x better than Ahoya.  Plus there's a new vigor to MUScoop, easily double the message volume.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 09:32:14 PM »
I understand where MU62 is coming from, but it is just change. Takes a while to get used to the UI. However, this is home.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259