[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Question for Bama About NDvBama  (Read 1032 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Question for Bama About NDvBama
« on: January 08, 2013, 12:57:26 PM »
It seems like most of the national press is ridiculing ND for poor play.  This suggests that they believe ND should have been competitive or that they were other teams (i.e., Georgia, Oregon) that would have been competitive.  See most of the headlines, they are written from from a ND prospective ("Notre Lame").  What the national press is not doing is not praising Alabama for being one of the great dynasties in the history of sports (ditto for SEC in football).  Have you seem any "Wow Alabama" headlines outside of Alabama?

My take, only an NFL team was going to be tough for Alabama last night.  Anyone else was getting run off the field last night.  What Saban is doing comes along once every other generation.  And what he is close to doing is taking over for a legend (Bear Bryant) and becoming an even bigger legend.  Has that ever happen in any sport before?  What we are witnessing is truly special.

You're in the middle of it, is this what you see?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: Question for Bama About NDvBama
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 01:04:00 PM »
It seems like most of the national press is ridiculing ND for poor play.  This suggests that they believe ND should have been competitive or that they were other teams (i.e., Georgia, Oregon) that would have been competitive.  See most of the headlines, they are written from from a ND prospective ("Notre Lame").  What the national press is not doing is not praising Alabama for being one of the great dynasties in the history of sports (ditto for SEC in football).  Have you seem any "Wow Alabama" headlines outside of Alabama?

My take, only an NFL team was going to be tough for Alabama last night.  Anyone else was getting run off the field last night.  What Saban is doing comes along once every other generation.  And what he is close to doing is taking over for a legend (Bear Bryant) and becoming an even bigger legend.  Has that ever happen in any sport before?  What we are witnessing is truly special.

You're in the middle of it, is this what you see?

Where do you live? Chicago area? If so, the media may be playing up the ND angle. I've barely seen or heard anything about ND's play. It's been all about Bama.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 01:17:45 PM »
Where do you live? Chicago area? If so, the media may be playing up the ND angle. I've barely seen or heard anything about ND's play. It's been all about Bama.

Yes, Chicago ... but the east coast national media (Boston to DC) seems to playing it as "ND loses" rather than "Bama wins"

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 01:22:28 PM »
Yes, Chicago ... but the east coast national media (Boston to DC) seems to playing it as "ND loses" rather than "Bama wins"

Where are you looking? ESPN.com, SI.com, NY Times all barely mention ND on their front pages. TV maybe?