[Today at 08:44:46 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by 4everwarriors
[Today at 08:25:23 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[Today at 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Want more Taylor Jr!  (Read 2743 times)

Markusquette

• All American
Want more Taylor Jr!
« on: January 05, 2013, 04:22:04 PM »
I wish Buzz would have given Steve some more time this game.  Jamil was doing practically nothing the entire first half.  Juan was hustling too, but we could have used Steve's offense to get us going a bit more in the first.  He made a nice pass to Lockett under the basket in his very short stint off the bench.

Taylor has more work to do on defense like any 1st year player, but he hasn't had as many lapses lately.  He's just got a lot of talent so hopefully he gets worked into the rotation more because I think he will be a very special player.  I would have been more upset if Jamil didn't start shooting in the second.  Thankfully he started knocking down those jumpers otherwise I think Taylor's limited minutes could have been a bigger factor.

AZWarrior

• All American
Re: Want more Taylor Jr!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 04:31:15 PM »
Taylor and DG are the two players (and J Wil to a lesser extent) who you can get the ball to in the paint and count on them 1. not losing it because they are strong; 2. passing to an open player; 3. taking a shot if available or 4. taking it to the hoop for a basket or a foul (or both)

For this reason I want more Taylor Jr as well!
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

OrangeGreenGolden

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 04:39:05 PM »
That was Big East Basketball at its best. Buzz clearly didn't think Taylor was ready quite yet. Give him some baby minutes so we don't ruin him right away, kind of how blue was ruined for his first two years. I think Taylor can be a big force in the future but we can roll with what we've got for now and just ease him into it.

connie

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 04:54:59 PM »
Tough to take out Lockett or Wilson towards the end.  Despite his inexcusable foul, Lockett was all over the place on d and grabbed tons of boards.  Jamil threw off the total waste he was in the last 2 games and was absolutely key.  I do really like what we have seen from Taylor so far though.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 05:07:05 PM »
No doubt.  I totally don't put him in at the end either.  He might have helped us out more in the first half.  Regardless, we won!  :)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 05:10:37 PM »
I can see Taylor subbing in the first half for a few extra minutes for CO in order to try to jump start the offense.    Certainly not at the end.   We were discussing whether or not to put in Juan on the last G-town possession but couldn't decide who we wanted him in for.   Personally, I wanted him in for Gardner, for the added speed and ability to guard the 3.   But Taylor had no business on the floor in the last couple of minutes.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 08:16:35 PM »
Taylor is good.  He will be a great player at MU.  But, let's be patient, he's a freshmen and there is a lot of talent on the team.  Marquette's real strength this year is the depth.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 08:20:06 PM »
In his short stint, Steve had a very nice assist.  He is going to be a real asset for MU.

karavotsos

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 11:12:29 PM »
Anyone noticed that on ESPN's box scores, Steve Taylor, Jr's position is listed as NA?  What does that mean?  Also, if you click on his player card it just says Steve, Jr.  Respect.

Marqus Howard

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 02:39:23 AM »
That was Big East Basketball at its best. Buzz clearly didn't think Taylor was ready quite yet. Give him some baby minutes so we don't ruin him right away, kind of how blue was ruined for his first two years. I think Taylor can be a big force in the future but we can roll with what we've got for now and just ease him into it.

I don't know why people continuously say that Blue was "ruined." He's arguably our best player, and he was an important part of the team the past two years, even if he didn't contribute much offensively. Ruining someone seems to imply that they will never be good because of the damage that was done to them, whereas Blue gained the experience and was able to make himself one of the best players on the team.

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 04:55:45 AM »
I don't know why people continuously say that Blue was "ruined." He's arguably our best player, and he was an important part of the team the past two years, even if he didn't contribute much offensively. Ruining someone seems to imply that they will never be good because of the damage that was done to them, whereas Blue gained the experience and was able to make himself one of the best players on the team.

Agreed.  Vander is the player he is now because he wen't through the knocks of the BE and saw it first hand.  He has had the work ethic to become better and the game experience helped him immensely in becoming the player he is now.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 05:51:32 AM »
Anyone noticed that on ESPN's box scores, Steve Taylor, Jr's position is listed as NA?  What does that mean?  Also, if you click on his player card it just says Steve, Jr.  Respect.

NA=No Ass

Gotta be a stud on the court to catch a little back on campus.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"