'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Koenig vs. D Wilson  (Read 13153 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Koenig vs. D Wilson
« on: December 25, 2012, 11:40:07 AM »
Bronson Koenig (UW commit) and LaCrosee Aquainas vs. Duane Wilson (MU commit), Diamond Stone (future MU star) and WFB Dominican.

Wed 5:30 at Concordia in Mequon.

OrangeGreenGolden

• Walk-On
Re: Koenig vs. D Wilson
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 11:59:10 AM »
Lets not jinx Mr. Stone. Getting him and Looney in the next two years would be incredible on top of this years class. We would be talking national championship contention!!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 11:31:05 PM »
So, what happened?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Ron Paul

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 11:38:09 PM »
Aquinas beat Domincan 50-47.  Wilson scored a game high 18, Stone had 17 and Koenig had 14.  Thats all of the information I could find on the game.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 11:15:18 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 07:43:06 AM »
Aquinas beat Domincan 50-47.  Wilson scored a game high 18, Stone had 17 and Koenig had 14.  Thats all of the information I could find on the game.

Mark Miller tweeted that Wilson and Koenig are perfect players for their respective programs.  It will be fun watching those two go at it in the years to come.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 07:46:16 AM »

Mark Miller tweeted that Wilson and Koenig are perfect players for their respective programs.  It will be fun watching those two go at it in the years to come.

My cousin said the same thing.  Wilson could get open looks at will, just weren't falling tonight.

starting5

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 08:48:48 AM »
was at the game and Koenig was great in the 1st half.  made some crazy passes.  Might be too flashy for Bo, that was the sentiment from everyone around me and some were Badger fans.
Wilson was so quick and hangs in the air forever.  He can get to the rim whenever he wants.  Dominican coach is not very good.  They did not use Stone much and did not do any 2 man stuff with Stone and Wilson.  Should have spaced the floor better for Wilson to operate.

Aquinas played a 1-3-1 in 2nd half with a 5'8 kid on the bottom Stone was yelling for the ball so the coach moved him to the high post. Soft touch for a big guy.  Hit a 17 foot jumper and looked good at the FT line.  He was also able to put the ball on the floor from the FT line and attack the rim.

It was fun to watch Koenig and Wilson go at it.  Did not appear to be much love between the two either which will be interesting over the next 4 years.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 08:49:49 AM »

I was at the game and I agree they both went to the correct program. Wilson had a chance to tie the game, but he drove in to deep on the side and had to throw up a prayer as he was essentially trapped by the defense he rushed into. The prior trip down the floor he hit a three from the top of the key and I was surprised he did not try to shoot again from there instead of dribbling into a strong defense on the side of the court. They were both announced as 6'3" and are very close in height. Maybe a very slight edge to Koenig. Koenig is much stronger. Wilson is definitely quicker. Like all quick players, Wilson can get in trouble because he is too quick. Koenig is a much better passer and I can see him playing point. I do not think Wilson is a point guard. I am very glad he is coming to MU, but based on this game his future is at the 2g as he did not show me any great skills in distributing the ball. However, to be fair Dominican is basically a two man team and there was not a lot of success in passing the ball to the other three players. I of course also watched Stone. He has Devante Gardner's hands. However, he does not back players down like Gardner does as he appears to be more of a face the basket type player. He can jump and appears to be quicker than Gardner. However, that might be somewhat misleading, because Gardner as a whole is playing against better athletes in college than Stone is in high school.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 10:12:06 AM »
I do not think Wilson is a point guard. I am very glad he is coming to MU, but based on this game his future is at the 2g as he did not show me any great skills in distributing the ball. However, to be fair Dominican is basically a two man team and there was not a lot of success in passing the ball to the other three players. I of course also watched Stone. He has Devante Gardner's hands. However, he does not back players down like Gardner does as he appears to be more of a face the basket type player. He can jump and appears to be quicker than Gardner. However, that might be somewhat misleading, because Gardner as a whole is playing against better athletes in college than Stone is in high school.

Wilson is going to be a scoring point guard a la Kemba Walker (I can only hope he reaches that level). I think he'll be best with the ball in his hands and Buzz should be able to develop him as a dribble penetrate and dish type of player. He'll obviously have to adjust to the bigger, more athletic guards he'll be up against, but he has elite speed and great mid-range game for a high schooler.

Gardener is really a unique big man in this day and age. Stone is still young and should get more comfortable banging in the paint. I can't imagine that we steal him away from the Kentucky and Georgetowns of the world.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 10:32:05 AM »
Wilson is going to be a scoring point guard a la Kemba Walker (I can only hope he reaches that level). I think he'll be best with the ball in his hands and Buzz should be able to develop him as a dribble penetrate and dish type of player. He'll obviously have to adjust to the bigger, more athletic guards he'll be up against, but he has elite speed and great mid-range game for a high schooler.

Gardener is really a unique big man in this day and age. Stone is still young and should get more comfortable banging in the paint. I can't imagine that we steal him away from the Kentucky and Georgetowns of the world.

For MU to take the next step is to find a big man, you might say what you want about TC, but he felt he could only go so far at MU in recruiting.  The foundation has been set for MU to
be really good in the future.  There is good and then there is really good.  Buzz lost Emblid to Kansas, needs to find one big man going forward, I am sure Stone is the one.  They will be
fine next year, but in 2014-15, there going to need a couple big bodies.  I think it will determine Buzz's future here as well.  If he can not get the deal done, MU might be just a middle of
the pack type of program.  Players help recruit players, Stone and Wilson on the same team, might have his ear.  Time will tell.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 11:37:36 AM »

According to JSonline, it sounds like both Wilson and Stone are perfect for MU:

"La Crosse Aquinas doesn't play a lot of zone, but the defense provided just the changeup its boys basketball team needed Wednesday evening.

Unable to handle Whitefish Bay Dominican man-to-man, the Blugolds switched to a 1-3-1 zone in the third quarter, a move that helped them score a 50-47 victory"

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 11:52:55 AM »

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2012, 12:00:48 PM »
http://midwestballers.com/?p=3753

Nice move by Duane around the 18 second mark where he has the ball up takes it down and brings it up again all while flying through the air. 

Koenig makes some flashy passes.  He had one picked off by Duane that he tried to make across the top of the key near the end, though.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2012, 12:19:56 PM »
That was not him. #42 made that pass--Koenig is #24.

starting5

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
According to JSonline, it sounds like both Wilson and Stone are perfect for MU:

"La Crosse Aquinas doesn't play a lot of zone, but the defense provided just the changeup its boys basketball team needed Wednesday evening.

Unable to handle Whitefish Bay Dominican man-to-man, the Blugolds switched to a 1-3-1 zone in the third quarter, a move that helped them score a 50-47 victory"

The poor play vs a zone was due to the lack of coaching by Dominican.  It was really bad.

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 01:26:21 PM »
Agree that Dominican is/was poorly coached. Their team will be bad when Wilson leaves. I'm betting stone will be playing elsewhere next year.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 02:20:28 PM »
42 for Aquinas is Carson Schneider. He's about their 7th or 8th guy.

If Stone transfers somewhere in Wisconsin next year, he has to sit out a year.
GO WARRIORS!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 02:24:02 PM »
42 for Aquinas is Carson Schneider. He's about their 7th or 8th guy.

If Stone transfers somewhere in Wisconsin next year, he has to sit out a year.

Unless his parents move correct?

I think its more likely that Dominican redoes its coaching search.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 02:27:59 PM »
Correct. Parents would have to live in new district. Open enrollment transfer he'd have to sit out a year. So not sure where exactly he lives, but he'd be eligible at that public school next year.
GO WARRIORS!

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 02:30:40 PM »
Go play with Looney!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 02:46:01 PM »
Correct. Parents would have to live in new district. Open enrollment transfer he'd have to sit out a year. So not sure where exactly he lives, but he'd be eligible at that public school next year.

I'm fairly certain they live in Tosa.  I'm pretty sure he played with the Tosa East travelling program in 7th and 8th grades.

http://www.wauwatosanow.com/sports/90845064.html

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

booger

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2012, 09:31:47 AM »
was at the game and Koenig was great in the 1st half.  made some crazy passes.  Might be too flashy for Bo, that was the sentiment from everyone around me and some were Badger fans.
Wilson was so quick and hangs in the air forever.  He can get to the rim whenever he wants.  Dominican coach is not very good.  They did not use Stone much and did not do any 2 man stuff with Stone and Wilson.  Should have spaced the floor better for Wilson to operate.

Aquinas played a 1-3-1 in 2nd half with a 5'8 kid on the bottom Stone was yelling for the ball so the coach moved him to the high post. Soft touch for a big guy.  Hit a 17 foot jumper and looked good at the FT line.  He was also able to put the ball on the floor from the FT line and attack the rim.

It was fun to watch Koenig and Wilson go at it.  Did not appear to be much love between the two either which will be interesting over the next 4 years.

Take Koenig over Wilson in a heartbeat--Wilson does some nice things around the basket but he's much smaller looks like 3 inches shorter than Koenig and not nearly as strong-Koenig got around him at will with his ball handling skills-and koenig is an elite passer--better shooter too in my opinion although he did not take many shots--not impressed with breakaway dunks-any one and their granma can do that these days.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 09:38:59 AM »
Take Koenig over Wilson in a heartbeat--Wilson does some nice things around the basket but he's much smaller looks like 3 inches shorter than Koenig and not nearly as strong-Koenig got around him at will with his ball handling skills-and koenig is an elite passer--better shooter too in my opinion although he did not take many shots--not impressed with breakaway dunks-any one and their granma can do that these days.

You'd rather take a guy that's #82 RSCI vs #60 RSCI?

I'd much rather have Wilson, he has a much higher ceiling.

feedback