[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: This Board Is Not Melting Down After UWGB Loss, Have We All Really Given Up  (Read 24934 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: This Board Is Not Melting Down After UWGB Loss, Have We All Really Given Up
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2012, 08:50:15 AM »
Then DeWilson certainly isn't the answer because he is less of a shooter than Junior is.    Start Blue and Mayo.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2012, 08:52:34 AM »
Call it expectations of mine or unrealistic idea, but i think a top 50 player should be doing a lot more as a senior.  Thats all im saying.

Thank you!  You are judging him against your expectations!

Stop doing that because your expectations are irrelevant.

JD

• All American
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2012, 09:00:45 AM »
Thank you!  You are judging him against your expectations!

Stop doing that because your expectations are irrelevant.

Apparently so, for a program that spends so much money, and countless times tries to justify itself as a place that can compete for elite 8's FF, etc. Why would someone want more from a Top 50 prospect in his senior year? 

Guess i will never be the parent to hand out juice boxes and participation trophies.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2012, 09:18:40 AM »
Apparently so, for a program that spends so much money, and countless times tries to justify itself as a place that can compete for elite 8's FF, etc. Why would someone want more from a Top 50 prospect in his senior year? 

Guess i will never be the parent to hand out juice boxes and participation trophies.

Did you ever take a logic class?  Because you are failing it miserably.

I am not saying that you can't be disappointed in Junior's play.  What I am saying is that you are allowing your disappointment to cloud your judgement over who is a better player right now. 

I am disappointed in his lack of progress.  But that doesn't mean that I think he should be backing up Derrick Wilson.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2012, 09:19:12 AM »

Two Sweet 16's. Few other PG in MU's history have done that. While his flaws are very apparent, his strengths as a distributor are undervalued, especially in transition. As we all agree, he doesn't have the shooter-scorers this season...and he certainly isn't. Give him his due for what he is, is all that we are saying.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 09:22:36 AM by Dr. Blackheart »

JD

• All American
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2012, 09:40:32 AM »
Two Sweet 16's. Few other PG in MU's history have done that. While his flaws are very apparent, his strengths as a distributor are undervalued, especially in transition. As we all agree, he doesn't have the shooter-scorers this season...and he certainly isn't. Give him his due for what he is, is all that we are saying.

I can see and agree with your points, I'm just debating the other side and how i view the game, no worries.

It would be great if people could debate without insulting. Usually when insults are thrown in, they're compensating for their lack of substance brought to the debate.

“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2012, 11:31:40 AM »
I would start Derrick Wilson over Cadougan.

I made the mistake yestruday of calling my daughter who graduated from Green Bay. She never went to a game while she was there and does not follow them in basketball, but she sure jumped all over me about Green Bay beating MU.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2012, 11:47:47 AM »
I understand the whole meltdown thing. Just hope we all haven't gone soft.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2012, 12:39:12 PM »
It would be great if people could debate without insulting. Usually when insults are thrown in, they're compensating for their lack of substance brought to the debate.

+1,000

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2012, 07:52:57 PM »
Chicos, I asked the question and within 5 minutes the answer was your name.  You were vocal that Buzz was a mistake and if you want to argue anal semantics about what exactly you said fine  .. you did not use the exact phrase "return to the worst days of Dukiet."  But the fact is ask anyone on this board who was most vocal against hiring Buzz, your name comes up first and immediately.  That is how you are remember, that is your legacy.  

I thought we could have had him a week later, which we could.  I never ever said we were going back to the Dukiet days. In fact, what I said is there was a good chance he could keep things going from where Crean brought us. He has.  That was my displeasure with your comments because that was a ridiculous comment you made and not even in the ballpark.  Don't pretend it wasn't "the exact words I said"...where did I say we were going to slip, and that was the core of your argument.  Don't try to walk it back and pretend you didn't say it.  Don't confuse who we hired, how we hired with whether we will be successful down the road or not.

We can get into all kinds of legacies...I think you had Crean fired by now at IU along with some gems just in the last week that will be fun to look back if that's the game you are extolling. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2012, 07:35:17 AM »
Chicos, I asked the question and within 5 minutes the answer was your name.

On this board, any random "do you remember what poster said this awful thing" will almost certainly be met by a response of Chicos, whether true or not. You trolled for a response and got it from a member that wasn't even around when Buzz was hired. So acting like that "Chicos" response actually means anything significant is just silly.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 09:38:45 AM by brewcity77 »
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2012, 07:46:20 AM »
We can get into all kinds of legacies...I think you had Crean fired by now at IU along with some gems just in the last week that will be fun to look back if that's the game you are extolling. 

No I said Crean would never return IU to elite status, NCAA bid/ranked yes, but not elite status.  I was wrong about that.

Last week's gems ... We'll see.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2019, 12:33:42 PM »
Time to resurrect this maybe?

Season checklist
(x) Non-conference near-miss against inferior opponent (Robert Morris)
(x) Non-conference stinker to inferior opponent (UW-Madison)
( )Non-conference loss on big stage convinces board MU not ready for Big East
( ) Unmentionable conference loss
( ) Road Game we weren't supposed to win
( ) Late surge
( ) Top-half Big East Finish

Going to predict:

(Maryland beatdown) Non-conference loss on big stage convinces board MU not ready for Big East
(DePaul at home, even though they're a quality team but the rabble won't see it that way ) Unmentionable conference loss
(@ Nova ) Road Game we weren't supposed to win
(Starting with @Nova ) Late surge
(Tie for 3rd with Xavier behind Nova & Seton Hall ) Top-half Big East Finish

feedback