collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Everyone's favorite subject - University of West Virginia  (Read 2227 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Everyone's favorite subject - University of West Virginia
« on: December 07, 2012, 03:48:31 PM »
Saw this blurb.  I can't find the full article:

Some people are appalled, others are supportive – either way, Mountaineer Mascot Jonathan Kimble won’t be taking his official rifle hunting anymore.

Recently, videos of Kimble surfaced on the internet, sparking mixed reactions. The video shows Kimble and a freshly killed black bear, which was shot with the same rifle Kimble takes to official appearances as the Mountaineer Mascot – such as football and basketball games.

Kimble broke no laws in hunting with the rifle – officially, there are no University codes preventing him. However, he has chosen to keep his Mountaineer rifle for appearances only.
 “I know other Mountaineers have gone hunting with it – to kill deer and stuff, but it’s probably just better to keep it to appearances,” he said.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Everyone's favorite subject - University of West Virginia
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 04:06:21 PM »
Jonathan will now be seated on the Steinhafel Burning Couch court side.  B12 is happy that WVU joined their great academic focused conference. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 04:36:01 PM »
I thought this might be an Onion article at first, but then I thought "s[aytch-eye]t like this actually happens in WV so often that most of it isn't considered newsworthy."
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »
political correctness run amok.  He should take the black bear and have it skinned and wear it as a hat.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 08:16:35 PM »
political correctness run amok.  He should take the black bear and have it skinned and wear it as a hat.
amen

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 08:41:04 PM »
political correctness...maybe, but any moron that likely hires out some dogs, has them tree a bear, shoots it, and then honors the animal by dancing around like an idiot does nothing for me.  i'm all for sportsmen hunting, but don't think that's what you saw in that video.  as for the hat comment...is that one of those deals where you do something even more stupid just to prove you can?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 09:07:29 PM »
political correctness...maybe, but any moron that likely hires out some dogs, has them tree a bear, shoots it, and then honors the animal by dancing around like an idiot does nothing for me.  i'm all for sportsmen hunting, but don't think that's what you saw in that video.  as for the hat comment...is that one of those deals where you do something even more stupid just to prove you can?

You're not "all for sportsman."  You think you're morally superior to "hicks" that like hunting.  So you stand in judgement of them.

I saw the video and I don't have a problem with it.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 05:09:55 AM »
You're not "all for sportsman."  You think you're morally superior to "hicks" that like hunting.  So you stand in judgement of them.

I saw the video and I don't have a problem with it.

Another, finally something you and I can agree on.  ;)

If you understand hunting at all, this video was great.  To take a bear with a muzzleloader is an accomplishment.

For thoe beret wearing, prius driving PC knowitalls, who think that their waygu beef and sushi appetizers are made at the grocery stores.....good luck.

Just made a batch of venison jerky yesterday.  Mmmm, nummy.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 05:46:42 PM »

If you understand hunting at all, this video was great.  To take a bear with a muzzleloader is an accomplishment.

For thoe beret wearing, prius driving PC knowitalls, who think that their waygu beef and sushi appetizers are made at the grocery stores.....good luck.

What about us Subaru driving, hippie hating young professionals who appreciate a good spider roll and laugh at anyone who thinks they could distinguish waygu beef from a dry-aged prime cut from a butcher store... do we get any venison jerky?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 10:22:24 PM »

Its an accomplishment even if the animal is cornered up in a tree scared for its life? Is the accomplishment the work that goes into training the dogs, tracking the bear, etc and getting it into that position? Or in plugging it from the base of the tree? I ask this totally legitimately as a beret wearing, prius driving PC knowitall.

feedback