Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Arent we overeacting?  (Read 6138 times)

JD

• All American
Re: Arent we overeacting?
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 11:28:09 AM »
Nobody has overreacted from what i see..

I expected it to be worse to be honest.

Reality is what it appears to me
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 04:35:36 PM »
I guess the overreaction comes from the fact that it was a 33 point loss, if we had lots the game by 10 or single digits, I dont think the overreaction would be as much...

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 06:37:32 PM »
I know this. Both MU and UW are not good teams and there is a good chance that both will not make the NCAA tournament. Both teams badly need to win the MU/UW match up to keep NCAA hope alive.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 06:41:37 PM »
I think that the uncertainty of the conference and bad loss made for disappointing week. I had realistic expectations for this season and hope we make NCAA and keep upward trend. The conference moving forward has me far more concerned than a November blowout on the road to top team. The next weeks are going to be extremely important ones for the ultimate direction program is headed. I'd gladly accept a blowout if good news comes our way on conference.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2012, 01:24:07 PM »
LOL.  I thought the title of this thread said "Aren't we overacting?"  First thing that popped into my mind:

Relax. Respect the Process.

Parsighian

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2012, 03:49:48 PM »
LOL.  I thought the title of this thread said "Aren't we overacting?"  First thing that popped into my mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRkIWB3HIEs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTr5SGuS7F8
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 07:01:55 PM by Parsighian »

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 04:12:35 PM »
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 04:14:48 PM by MU Avenue »

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 09:48:20 PM »
Let's order some of these with the MU logo, for the concern trolls, who are concerned.  Again, we should be concerned, and you're crazy if you're not both concerned, and especially vocal about it.  Fear fear fear, terror terror terror.

https://anxietywrap.com/about/HowItWorks.aspx

Parsighian

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2012, 02:25:19 AM »
Let's order some of these with the MU logo, for the concern trolls, who are concerned.  Again, we should be concerned, and you're crazy if you're not both concerned, and especially vocal about it.  Fear fear fear, terror terror terror.

https://anxietywrap.com/about/HowItWorks.aspx

The Anxiety Wrap® pressure wrap mainly alleviates/lessens five major conditions:
◾Fear
◾Anxiety
◾Hyperactivity
◾Insecurity
Shyness

The typical Scoop reader suffers from of these five dreaded conditions.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 06:30:39 AM »
I'll try too. MU played decent defense in the first half and Florida hit a ton of tough shots and threes. The refs also let a lot of physical play go when Young was denying Gardner the ball. Sometimes when Gardner caught it he would end up eight feet further away from the basket than he normally does. Not many calls on our drives, which when you go up weak it doesn't matter if you were fouled or not, you're not getting the call. 

A combination of these things made MU just give up in the second half. Not typical of a Buzz squad but it's only one game and the number of points you lose by is really meaningless.
The refs knew 20 or so NBA scouts were in attendance to see the home teams players and the players knew it and showed out...and took it to MU who looked in shock. You knew the refs were going to allow the Gators to do more with all the scouts in attendance. Our guys just froze up and were outmuscled. Just take it for what it was [a beatdown] and move on. Blue played well though...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2012, 08:05:29 AM »
The refs were fine.  Perhaps MU shouldn't be so soft.

Parsighian

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2012, 12:37:32 AM »
I think that the uncertainty of the conference and bad loss made for disappointing week. I had realistic expectations for this season and hope we make NCAA and keep upward trend. The conference moving forward has me far more concerned than a November blowout on the road to top team. The next weeks are going to be extremely important ones for the ultimate direction program is headed. I'd gladly accept a blowout if good news comes our way on conference.

Our fate this season rests on performance in the BEAST. Nothing else matters. Relax.