Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Cincinnati pushing to join ACC  (Read 3034 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Cincinnati pushing to join ACC
« on: November 27, 2012, 08:52:29 PM »
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8683593/cincinnati-bearcats-making-strong-push-join-acc-source

Cincinnati pushing to join ACC

By Andy Katz | ESPN.com

Cincinnati is making a strong push to gain admittance to the ACC with a campaign about why the school is a more viable option than fellow Big East members Connecticut and Louisville, a source with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.

The source said Cincinnati officials are cautiously optimistic that the Bearcats are in step with both Louisville and UConn if the ACC were to choose just one school to replace Maryland, which is headed to the Big Ten.

An ACC source said the conference has no timetable to replace Maryland, but there are still a number of options. The league could replace Maryland with one or go for two or three to combat possible defections.

The source said Cincinnati has stepped up the push to get into the ACC in light of the Big East adding Tulane as an all-sports member and East Carolina in football on Tuesday.

In making its case to the ACC, Cincinnati used a combination of athletic and academic qualifications, including how well its football and men's basketball teams have done as well as the size of its endowment and place in national rankings of top universities. Among the points Cincinnati made:

" The Bearcats were one of only six teams to finish in the top 25 of the final USA Today football and men's basketball polls (joining Michigan, Michigan State, Florida State, Baylor and Wisconsin).

" Ohio is a new and fertile recruiting ground and expands the geographic footprint of the ACC. Ohio had the fifth-most NCAA Division I football signees in 2012.

" Cincinnati's endowment is more than $1 billion, which is 26th nationally and more than six members of the ACC, and twice the size of Maryland's.

" The school is tied for 34th among public research universities, according to the Center for Measuring University Performance. That's in line with several other ACC schools.

" Cincinnati has nine Fortune 500 companies in the area plus is the 35th-ranked TV market.

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
Re: Cincinnati pushing to join ACC
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 10:15:03 PM »
Marquette has a better TV market than Cincy, more closely matches Maryland's endowment and shares more letters, making it easier on the scoreboard people. Seems like a no brainier to me.
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 05:12:14 PM »
The shot's up, and, its.................an airball.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

M@RQUETTEW@RRIORS

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 05:18:55 PM »
We can laugh now.  But when the B1G get two of UNC, Virginia and V Tech.  The ACC will add two more football members at least.  They will all likely go the 16 team football model.  The big 5 conferences that is.  Cinci might be in, they might be out when all is said and done.  Id bet they get a spot in the big 5.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 05:22:13 PM »
We can laugh now.  But when the B1G get two of UNC, Virginia and V Tech.  The ACC will add two more football members at least.  They will all likely go the 16 team football model.  The big 5 conferences that is.  Cinci might be in, they might be out when all is said and done.  Id bet they get a spot in the big 5.

Geez, you could have given me more than six and a half minutes to laugh.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 05:57:17 PM »

UVA and VATech are joined at the hip
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 06:11:47 PM »
UVA and VATech are joined at the hip

The Big 10 might avoid that whole Virginia political mess and grab Georgia Tech to pair with UNC.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 06:12:42 PM »
The Big East is ruined. I hate all this crap going on after signing such a great class and the team we already have.
Its just one big cluster and the NCAA is useless. Big state schools have all the swag whether there good or bad.