Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz and MU's "Ceiling"  (Read 18910 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: Buzz and MU's "Ceiling"
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2012, 11:26:08 PM »
Buzz ain't going to upset Corey... and if he does, I'll be second in line to slap him up good, even if it was the prospect of staying in Milwaukee that got her upset.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2012, 11:27:23 PM »
I still think Buzz only leaves if there's a better job open.  I don't see him taking a step backwards and uprooting his family just because of his relationship with the AD.  It wouldn't be a good career move with the way he has this program headed.

Agreed.

According to goose, sultan, et al (respectfully), it was determined last spring, Buzz was fired, but allowed to finish this season.  This was supposedly allowed because MU would benefit by also having the season to recruit a coach of similar or better caliber.

Fellas (goose and sultan), if I have mis quoted you, my apologies.  

First, I disagree.  Why would any institution get rid of someone with the character and track record of Buzz.

I also believe that the BOT is made up of enough alums like us....alums who enjoy the fact that MU's identity is a combination of academic and athletic excellence.  No majority of tinfoil's on the BOT.

I believe that there is an issue with bw v LW/SW.  Where there is smoke, there is fire.  

I also hope that Buzz is smart enough to know he should wait out the tenure of  couple of short timers lite SP and LW.

Both LW and SP are book smart dudes.  However, they lack the common sense/ability to either respect what Buzz is doing for MU, or hire good PR dudes to cover their tracks.

Every time LW opens his mouth about the ball program, he comes across ass a pompous... Does nothing to diffuse the perceived rift between he and the arguably the best coach since Al.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 11:35:13 PM by real chili 83 »

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2012, 11:40:20 PM »
Hopefully we can add this to it as well:

Rumor:  Buzz actually fired in 2012 but allowed to stay on for 2013 to save face.
Reality:  TBD

Rumor: MU administration is downsizing the program.
Reality: MU administration allows Buzz to make huge financial offer to lure Issac Chew from Illinois; hire a former head coach to run "basketball operations;" makes repeated statements about not downsizing the program

Rumor: Multiple players being shown the door over heightened academics standards
Reality: No players leave for academic reasons

Rumor: Buzz being told he can't recruit JUCOs
Reality: JUCO Jameel McKay commits to MU in June

Rumor: Suspension of Todd Mayo imposed on Buzz by administration
Reality: Buzz and Todd say it was Buzz's call, not related to academics

Rumor: Todd Mayo leaves program, not coming back
Reality: Todd Mayo is back

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2012, 12:08:03 AM »
I've restrained as long as I could, but the conspiracy theories are simply mindblowing. I have no info about the future, and limited about the present.

I just want everyone to remember how much they trust Jeff Goodman when it comes to information on Buzz (and for good reason) and to loosen their neckties a bit. Season is right around the corner.

Also, would there be any interest in a live-blog of the Haunted Hoops scrimmage? We did one last year that worked fairly well and were wondering if we should do it again.   

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2012, 12:43:40 AM »
Also, would there be any interest in a live-blog of the Haunted Hoops scrimmage? We did one last year that worked fairly well and were wondering if we should do it again.   

I'd suggest a new thread for that.  I think it's a great idea, but might get buried in the BS of this thread.