[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: New Chicago MU Bar  (Read 10408 times)

swoopem

• All American
New Chicago MU Bar
« on: October 19, 2012, 01:06:59 PM »
The oldest Irish Pub in Lincoln Park is now the newest Marquette bar. Come to the Hidden Shamrock for all of this year’s Marquette basketball games. The Shamrock is a great bar, with a lot of seating (including couches), and multiple big screen TVs. Here, you will not be judged for the drinking habits you have developed while living in Milwaukee. The atmosphere will resemble the upper deck of the Bradley Center while the prices are borderline Harp & Shams. As of now, drink specials include: $4 24 oz. Miller Lites, $3 16 oz. PBRs, $4 Jamos and Rumple Minz, $4 Bombs, $6 Domestic pitchers, and half off appetizers during the game. If you live in Chicago, come show your support for MU at the Hidden Shamrock. Located at 2723 North Halsted Street Chicago, IL 60614
Bring back FFP!!!

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: New Chicago MU Bar
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 01:10:33 PM »
The oldest Irish Pub in Lincoln Park is now the newest Marquette bar. Come to the Hidden Shamrock for all of this year’s Marquette basketball games. The Shamrock is a great bar, with a lot of seating (including couches), and multiple big screen TVs. Here, you will not be judged for the drinking habits you have developed while living in Milwaukee. The atmosphere will resemble the upper deck of the Bradley Center while the prices are borderline Harp & Shams. As of now, drink specials include: $4 24 oz. Miller Lites, $3 16 oz. PBRs, $4 Jamos and Rumple Minz, $4 Bombs, $6 Domestic pitchers, and half off appetizers during the game. If you live in Chicago, come show your support for MU at the Hidden Shamrock. Located at 2723 North Halsted Street Chicago, IL 60614

So there will be a loud section of opposing fans there?

beercanindasky

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 01:19:11 PM »
My days in Chicago (12-19 years ago, yikes!) Hidden Shamrock was a staple.  One of the greatest times was watching Ireland in the world cup there.  I think Ireland lost, but we danced and sang and drank, not in that order, from whistle to whistle.  Back then TV was not great, but I am sure they have upgraded since then.  If MU games are anywhere close to the soccer matches...I'll drive from Madison (and for more reasons than stated).

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »
So there will be a loud section of opposing fans there?

Talking about the student section where the people who sit in the last rows are usually showing up right at tip due to the pregaming and non-soberness going on before.

This bar has became a MU bar due to recent grads who have probably never seen the lower level of the BC.
Bring back FFP!!!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 02:03:20 PM »
Talking about the student section where the people who sit in the last rows are usually showing up right at tip due to the pregaming and non-soberness going on before.

This bar has became a MU bar due to recent grads who have probably never seen the lower level of the BC.

Cool, dude.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 02:52:09 PM »
Umm there already are two great Chicago MU bars between the Schoolyard Tavern and the Four Shadows.  The Schoolyard has MU cups and tshirts on game days, and mu posters and flags, great food, and is right off the brown line.  Whereas the Hidden Shamrock is a place where a bunch of Depaul students go... I should know my girl friend is a senior there.  
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 02:53:53 PM »
Umm there already is two great Chicago MU bars in the Schoolyard Tavern and the Four Shadows.  The Schoolyard has MU cups and tshirts on game days, and mu posters and flags, great food, and is right off the brown line.  Whereas the Hidden Shamrock is a place where a bunch of Depaul students go... I should know my girl friend is a senior there. 

Epic first post.

Who needs another MU bar when we already have two!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 03:03:20 PM »
Epic first post.

Who needs another MU bar when we already have two!

Don't forget the I have a girlfriend!

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 03:12:35 PM »
Umm there already are two great Chicago MU bars between the Schoolyard Tavern and the Four Shadows.
No Marquette bars are allowed south of Diversey and east of Southport! Ever. Two locations are pushing it already.

The Schoolyard has MU cups and tshirts on game days, and mu posters and flags, great food
What? an MU logo on a plastic cup and a t-shirt? You buried the lead! I am a slave to branding.

and is right off the brown line.
I can't stand to walk that extra block from the Diversey Red line stop. Absolutely not.

Whereas the Hidden Shamrock is a place where a bunch of Depaul students go
OMG you guys, people at the bar that go to a different school! That's so weird, college kids drinking in a bar.

... I should know my girl friend is a senior there.  
OMG, a senior! The end all be all of authority...if she was a woman, with a job, with real responsibility, with experience in the real world... she wouldn't be taken seriously...because nobody ever listens to women? right? (no).

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 03:20:04 PM »
No Marquette bars are allowed south of Diversey and east of Southport! Ever. Two locations are pushing it already.
What? an MU logo on a plastic cup and a t-shirt? You buried the lead! I am a slave to branding.
I can't stand to walk that extra block from the Diversey Red line stop. Absolutely not.
OMG you guys, people at the bar that go to a different school! That's so weird, college kids drinking in a bar.
OMG, a senior! The end all be all of authority...if she was a woman, with a job, with real responsibility, with experience in the real world... she wouldn't be taken seriously...because nobody ever listens to women? right? (no).

Wow I always wondered why anonymous eagle always makes fun of the people on here.  Now I understand it's cause people like you are just unpleasant.  I don't know who you are, where you come from, or what type of stick you have up your ass, but it sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do.  Have a good day being grumpy and bitching out everybody to get noticed :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 03:23:46 PM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 03:24:13 PM »
Wow I always wondered why anonymous eagle always makes fun of the people on here.  Now I understand it's cause people like you are just unpleasant.  I don't know who you are or where you come from but it sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do. 

But coming on scoop specifically to trash a new Marquette bar is totally mature?

Get real, dude.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 03:26:40 PM »
But coming on scoop specifically to trash a new Marquette bar is totally mature?

Get real, dude.

Didn't trash them I love the Hidden Shamrock I go there all the time.  Hell I've been paid to play the bagpipes there wouldn't trash a client.  What I was doing was supporting the already well established MU bars in Chicago. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 03:29:15 PM »
Didn't trash them I love the Hidden Shamrock I go there all the time.  Hell I've been paid to play the bagpipes there wouldn't trash a client.  What I was doing was supporting the already well established MU bars in Chicago. 

Right, but pretty much every Marquette fan who wants to hit up a bar for a game knows about The Schoolyard... I don't see the harm in someone posting about the Hidden Shamrock.

Why not just accept them into the MU bar scene with open arms?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 03:34:06 PM »
Right, but pretty much every Marquette fan who wants to hit up a bar for a game knows about The Schoolyard... I don't see the harm in someone posting about the Hidden Shamrock.

Why not just accept them into the MU bar scene with open arms?

Now that's a rational good critique of what I said.  Good point, I hadn't thought of it from that perspective I suppose I could do that.  Still gonna maintain that that Blue Horseshoe guy has a stick up his ass though.  
Maigh Eo for Sam

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 03:37:09 PM »
Don't forget about Will's Northwood Inn located on 3030 N. Racine. The owners are super friendly and the bar celebrates everything WI. (They show badger and packer games, but no one is perfect). I can't wait to see what terrible things people have to say about this bar.It is a good place to watch a game though.
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 03:38:17 PM »
Umm there already are two great Chicago MU bars between the Schoolyard Tavern and the Four Shadows.  The Schoolyard has MU cups and tshirts on game days, and mu posters and flags, great food, and is right off the brown line.  Whereas the Hidden Shamrock is a place where a bunch of Depaul students go... I should know my girl friend is a senior there.  

Come on, man! You should know better than to have a girlfriend in college, especially one that goes to a different school!

mugrad99

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 03:42:50 PM »
Come on, man! You should know better than to have a girlfriend in college, especially one that goes to a different school!

Unless her name is Fawn Lebowitz

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2012, 03:55:17 PM »
Also for those who may not know, The Blue Bayou in the Southport Coridore is a MU bar as is Cortland's Garage in Wicker Park.
Bring back FFP!!!

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 04:00:46 PM »
Also for those who may not know, The Blue Bayou in the Southport Coridore is a MU bar as is Cortland's Garage in Wicker Park.

Outside of the designated area, this must be a mistake

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2012, 04:00:57 PM »
All things said, I think it would be cool to have a sticky thread in the superbar with MU friendly bars in big cities...

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2012, 04:24:02 PM »
All things said, I think it would be cool to have a sticky thread in the superbar with MU friendly bars in big cities...

Scroll to the bottom.

http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/bars/start

Not a sticky, but still reasonable to find.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2012, 04:29:51 PM »
Don't forget about Will's Northwood Inn located on 3030 N. Racine. The owners are super friendly and the bar celebrates everything WI. (They show badger and packer games, but no one is perfect). I can't wait to see what terrible things people have to say about this bar.It is a good place to watch a game though.

Seriously?  That is the most Wisconsin bar in the city.  I went there last year for the 2nd round of the tournament and it was 75% wisconsin fans, 20% unaffiliated, 5% Marquette at best.  Cool bar, especially for Packers games or northern Wisconsin-esque vibes, but not a Marquette option at all.

Schoolyard is great and usually has a pretty awesome gameday atmosphere.  Four Shadows has been hit or miss, but the last few times I've been there, its great

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2012, 04:43:02 PM »
Superbar.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2012, 04:43:42 PM »

I second this.  I prefer Schoolyard, but during the tourney 2 years ago when we were playing 'cuse, i went here.  Added bonus: I got to participate in the tasting for the chili cookoff.  I mean, a CHILI COOKOFF... glorious.  However, their stadium cups have a rodent on them.  Even DePaul students wouldn't go there because of that.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2012, 05:05:32 PM »
I think what we need is a Marquette alumni version of this site http://www.depauldrinks.com/#!
Maigh Eo for Sam