collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Buzz to Kentucky....Maybe  (Read 5805 times)

Toolbox

• Walk-On
Buzz to Kentucky....Maybe
« on: October 18, 2012, 06:27:33 PM »
Since this place is for posting some crazy thoughts as we wait for OSU, I think that the school we have to worry about "taking" Buzz is Kentucky.  Wait for it..........If Calipari wins another championship or two he's gonna want to get back to the NBA (ego) and the Knicks or Nets will be calling.  What other young "Southern" coach whose players love him and make it to the NBA would fill that spot?  I say Buzz.  Or Texas when they can Barnes for being boring.  Enjoy.

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Buzz to Kentucky....Maybe
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 06:30:07 PM »
Toolbox.

Toolbox

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 06:47:37 PM »
We R

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 06:56:52 PM »
Cal already coached the nets on the first go around.  It worked out so well he became the coach of Memphis.

Next idea please

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 07:04:01 PM »
I dont think Dolan would say "Oh no thanks, Calipari couldnt get the most out of Kerry Kittles, Kendall Gill and Yinka Dare, he wouldn't work here."

Actually - typing that made Dolan seem smart, so its probably an all-around godawful point.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 07:41:28 PM »
Since this place is for posting some crazy thoughts as we wait for OSU, I think that the school we have to worry about "taking" Buzz is Kentucky.  Wait for it..........If Calipari wins another championship or two he's gonna want to get back to the NBA (ego) and the Knicks or Nets will be calling.  What other young "Southern" coach whose players love him and make it to the NBA would fill that spot?  I say Buzz.  Or Texas when they can Barnes for being boring.  Enjoy.

This topic was covered shortly after UK won the championship.  There wasn't anything intelligent in that conversation then, don't know why there would be now.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 07:45:13 PM »
This topic was covered shortly after UK won the championship.  There wasn't anything intelligent in that conversation then, don't know why there would be now.

Because we've all grown up over the summer!
Relax. Respect the Process.

hdog1017

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 08:18:39 PM »
I dont think Dolan would say "Oh no thanks, Calipari couldnt get the most out of Kerry Kittles, Kendall Gill and Yinka Dare, he wouldn't work here."

Actually - typing that made Dolan seem smart, so its probably an all-around godawful point.

Yinka Dare just made me laugh.  I needed a chuckle.  Thanks. 

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 12:22:17 AM »
Good lord, this board is often considered a joke for reasons such as this

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 10:15:06 AM »
Uh, I believe this is a newbee to this site....likely from the site that crashed and burned a couple of weeks ago???

Agree, this thread is "out there".

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 10:17:38 AM »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 10:32:33 AM »
99% of college basketball coaches to Kentucky...YES!

If Buzz is only a "maybe" then he must be incredibly happy at Marquette.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 11:03:15 AM »
I would think that fact that Buzz was an assistant to Billy Gillespie would eliminate him from consideration for Kentucky job.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 12:14:08 PM »
I would think that fact that Buzz was an assistant to Billy Gillespie would eliminate him from consideration for Kentucky job.

I think Buzz's objection to marrying a cousin would eliminate him from consideration of just about every job in Lexington.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 06:52:17 PM »

toolbox or just a tool?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 07:00:19 PM »
Relax. Respect the Process.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 07:11:12 PM »
You mean Yinka Dare, GOAT?

http://www.angelfire.com/stars/yinka/

Toolbox

• Walk-On
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2012, 09:50:43 PM »
This is awesome.  You nerds will get fired up and upset at anything.....my made up post proves this.  Haha, see ya suckers. Just know, you are all an embarrassment to MU and MU Basketball.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 10:22:31 PM »
This is awesome.  You nerds will get fired up and upset at anything.....my made up post proves this.  Haha, see ya suckers. Just know, you are all an embarrassment to MU and MU Basketball.

This was pretty good.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2012, 11:19:12 PM »
This is awesome.  You nerds will get fired up and upset at anything.....my made up post proves this.  Haha, see ya suckers. Just know, you are all an embarrassment to MU and MU Basketball.

And you are no longer welcome here.  buh-bye.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 09:28:17 PM »
did anyone actually get fired up or upset? arent all posts made up? we had a couple memes and a fragmented yinka dare conversation? I'm so confussed.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 09:37:24 AM »
Forget Kentucky.

Do you think Buzz would be interviewed for the Duke position when Coach K retires?
Emphasis on the word: interviewed.
SS Marquette

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 10:48:11 AM »
Forget Kentucky.

Do you think Buzz would be interviewed for the Duke position when Coach K retires?
Emphasis on the word: interviewed.

That's an excellent question. I would lean toward yes, but I'm not positive of it.

On the other hand, if Cal left Kentucky, I am certain Buzz would be interviewed.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 08:07:32 AM »
I don't think there's a chance he is interviewed at Duke.  That job will go to a Coach K protege...Dawkins, Wojo, Collins...whomever.  The key is what happens *after* that person inevitably fails a la Matt Doherty at UNC.

And with all due respect to Buzz, he needs to take that next step for blue bloods to consider him in my opinion...whether that be here or elsewhere.  He has to show that he can recruit at the highest levels, and that he can coach a team past the Sweet 16.  Playing hard is simply not going to be enough at a place like UK.

I've been thinking a lot lately about ceilings.  What is Buzz's ceiling?  What is Marquette's ceiling?  Is Buzz ever going to be able to get those top recruits?  Is he "slick" enough?  Is he too brutally honest about breaking player's balls?  Top players don't needs to get their balls broken, at least in their eyes.  They need to showcase their talents enough to go to the NBA in a year or two.

And what about Marquette's?  Does the everyday recruit view us as a more glorified version of Gonzaga?  About the same as a Georgetown?  Clearly not in the same class as the blue-bloods, but are we even seen in the same light as that next level down?

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 09:14:37 AM »
No one here really got fired up. People dismissed it, and a couple of people actually brushed it aside because it came from someone new....I don't think this guy got quite the reaction he was hoping for...His reply was probably already planned when his first post went up.

And who is the nerd? The guy who has time to troll a random board? Thought so

feedback