[Today at 01:04:10 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: WSJ - Why we pre-empted  (Read 5978 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Pakuni

• All American

Murffieus

• All American
Re: WSJ - Why we pre-empted
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 07:33:15 PM »
Pakuni-----you should know better------the Wall Street Journal is a non liberal island by itself------Almost every big city newapaper and the 3 major networks qualify as the "liberal media".

Chicos----tells the story pretty well-----buy logic means nothing to the Bush haters-----it's all about emotion!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 11:03:34 AM »
Pakuni-----you should know better------the Wall Street Journal is a non liberal island by itself------Almost every big city newapaper and the 3 major networks qualify as the "liberal media".

An island by itself? Seems to me there are lots of islands out there:

- Talk Radio (actually more like a substantial continent than an island)
- Fox News
- New York Post
- Chicago Tribune
- Washington Times
- Orange County Register
- San Diego Union
- Boston Herald
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
- Joe Scarborough
- Glenn Beck
- Tucker Carlson
- Weekly Standard, National Review, American Spectator, Insight
- Newsmax

Oh where, oh where can a poor conservative go for his news?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 11:45:18 AM »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 11:46:51 AM »

- Fox News
- New York Post
- Chicago Tribune
- Washington Times
- Orange County Register
- San Diego Union
- Boston Herald
- Joe Scarborough
- Glenn Beck
- Tucker Carlson
- Newsmax

Tucker Carlson..Joe Scarborough...my God you make me laugh.

Most of the papers you list they are the secondary paper in the market.  There's one television station while there are 5 liberal ones (CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS)....yes, I'd say about 20% of the media out there is "conservative"

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 12:50:08 PM »
The circulation of the above conservative network and papers is less than 10% the circulation of the 3 liberal networks pluss CNN and the big city liberal papers like the NYT, Washington Post, Boston Globe, LA Times, Milw Journal, USA Today, etc

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 02:42:52 PM »

- Fox News
- New York Post
- Chicago Tribune
- Washington Times
- Orange County Register
- San Diego Union
- Boston Herald
- Joe Scarborough
- Glenn Beck
- Tucker Carlson
- Newsmax

Tucker Carlson..Joe Scarborough...my God you make me laugh.

Most of the papers you list they are the secondary paper in the market.  There's one television station while there are 5 liberal ones (CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS)....yes, I'd say about 20% of the media out there is "conservative"

Glad I make you laugh, Chico's. I forgot the only true conservatives out there are the ones who subscribe to your narrow, Tom DeLay/John Birch-esque view of conservatism. My bad.

As for TV stations ... what, you watch five at once? Do you need more than one conservative newspaper in your community? All of talk radio isn't enough?
I'm beginning to think you're not so much offended by a perceived liberal bias in the media, but by the mere existence of anyone in the media who doesn't share your ideology.
Perhaps you and Hugo Chavez have more in common than you think.

As for secondary papers in the market, that's a reflection of what people want from their news. People in New York don't have to read the Times instead of the Post. They choose to. Readers in Boston don't have to choose the Globe over the Herald. They choose to.
Yep, that silly old free market. Again, perhaps you and Hugo should meet and discuss ways to address that problem.

The fact is that conservatives in every community have many, many options if they only want to hear the news from their perspective or hear only opinions that agree with their own. And their constant, incessant, non-stop whining about it is less a reflection of what's out there as it is a narrow-minded point of view that only their points of view should be heard. You're never angry about Fox News leaning right, but you are about the Times leaning left?
Why? Clearly you're not all about journalistic objectivity, because if you were you'd have equal outrage over both situations. No, it's becoming more and more clear you're outraged because you don't like people being exposed to ideas and philosophies that run contrary to your own.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 02:57:19 PM by Pakuni »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 02:53:30 PM »
The circulation of the above conservative network and papers is less than 10% the circulation of the 3 liberal networks pluss CNN and the big city liberal papers like the NYT, Washington Post, Boston Globe, LA Times, Milw Journal, USA Today, etc

Actually, you're wrong.
The Wall Street Journal, NY Post and Chicago Tribune alone have approximately 3.7 million subscribers.
The NY Times, Washington Post, Boston Globe and LA Times combine for 4.4 million.
Now, I wasn't a math major, but 3.7 million is a lot more than 10 percent of 4.4 million.

And USA Today is not, and never has been, a left-leaning publication. Just because you say it's true doesn't make it so.

And according to the latest ratings, Fox News averages about 1.8 million views in prime time. CNN and MSNBC combine for 1.2 million.  Again, not a math major, but I'm pretty sure 1.8 million is not 10 percent of 1.2 million.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 08:05:10 AM »
Pakuni----you didn't read my post closely-----I said newspapers "like" the NYT, LA Times, Boston Globe, and WP (meaning all the liberal newspapers in the country). Then too you don't challenge my assertion that the 3 TV networks plus CNN dwarf conservative TV-----although the liberal advantage there is narrowing thanks to the tremendous success of the Fox news channel!

BTW----The Chicago trib is no longer a "conservative" voice!

feedback