Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: wow, slim pickins...  (Read 8182 times)

augoman

• All American
wow, slim pickins...
« on: October 06, 2012, 09:47:49 AM »
...for single game tickets.  They get tighter every year.  Makes me debate: better to buy a mini-plan for extra game tickets, or to do the single game tickets ?  I am high upper level with the single game tickets every season, and I think I could get pretty good lower level tickets with a mini-plan.  Thoughts...?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: wow, slim pickins...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 09:57:19 AM »
You "could get pretty good lower level tickets with a mini-plan"?   As Ralph Wiggum would say .. that's unpossible.

As far as I know: The lower bowl is 99% sold out by season tickets.  Unless you're talking about sitting by yourself, in which case, you'd find some scattered seats in the lower bowl.  If you're looking for 2, there might be a few in the end-zone, row WXYZ..

Unless you are buying season tickets, you are talking about the upper deck .. can you get slightly better upper seats via mini-plan?  Yeah, sort of.   For the past 10 years or so, I'll get groups together and buy single-game tix in the corner sections.  Last year did pretty well, nearly all of them were below row J, corner sections.    If you go for the center sections, you're talking row W and up.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 09:59:35 AM »
And here, I thought this was going to be a thread discussing Blazing Saddles.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 10:54:09 AM »

Relax. Respect the Process.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 01:14:34 PM »
;D

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 01:51:59 PM »
I have 2 season tickets lowers in 218 row f,....I'lll  be looking to unload at least half ot 2/3 of  the games due to scheduling conflicts with the kids and work...if anyone is interested I'd like to break them up into 2 or 3 packages...I'll have a hard time making alot of Wednesdays and weekend games...Would breakup equally based on opponents.

Anyone interested pm me.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:38:32 PM by MUUWUWM »

augoman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 05:21:33 PM »
I'll probably hit you up along the way, but I bought 4 additional tckts this am for UW, Pitt, Providence and ND- had to go pretty high up in 422 to keep them together.  I thought there'd be some lower bowl corners, or behind bskt below suites available.  Interesting to know that the miniplans are all upper tier as well.  Still think I could get a better selection.

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 06:13:49 PM »
Yeah I usually buy certain games but this year my schedule is really crazy...cub scouts, girl scouts, work...single parent...not enough time so I passed.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 07:11:29 AM »

Badges?  We don't need no stinking badges!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 09:25:55 AM »
...for single game tickets.  They get tighter every year.  Makes me debate: better to buy a mini-plan for extra game tickets, or to do the single game tickets ?  I am high upper level with the single game tickets every season, and I think I could get pretty good lower level tickets with a mini-plan.  Thoughts...?

Not a chance on the planet. If you want lower bowl seats, go to a broker or stub hub just before the game and buy.

I bought the five-pack the first day I could and ended up at mid-court about half-way up on the upper deck. They're not bad, but you have to act fast even to get those.

If you want lower bowl seats every year, please call Father Pilarz and open your checkbook. I'm sure a $10,000 contribution would get you all the lower bowl seats you wanted!

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 09:44:21 AM »
I have 31 points.  When re-seating came up last time, there were plenty of lower bowl still available.  We went with the first row in the upper deck, simply because it was much cheaper and with a baby on the way this season, I'm not sure how many games we will get to.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 10:29:55 AM »
not quite Hiroshima but...

augoman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 01:01:37 PM »
 I have my 4 lower bowl season tickets and am just trying to ascertain the best route to additional single game tickets.  Also, writing Fr. Pilarz a check for $10,000 would get you nice seats this year, but going forward you'd have up to 4 nice seats and have to continue to pony up.  Certainly not "all the seats you'd want".

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 01:50:25 PM »
Well .. best route for lower bowl seats is .. the MU Ticket Exchange thing for STHs.  Or Stubhub, or another broker.  Or outside the BC on gameday.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 03:13:37 PM »
To save on money you should always get season-tickets or a mini-plan. There is three differnt price ranges for single game tickets.

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/marq/graphics/auto/MBB-SG-Prices-1213.jpg

feedback