'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 12:57:51 PM]

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[Today at 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [MJS Blog] Aresco's response to idea that the Big East is falling apart: 'Complete nonsense'  (Read 2955 times)

MJS_Says

Aresco's response to idea that the Big East is falling apart: 'Complete nonsense'

Consider two notes in the wake of Notre Dame's decision to leave the Big East Conference to join the Atlantic Coast Conference.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/170066986.html

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Aresco's response to idea that the Big East is falling apart: 'Complete nonsense'

A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Of course, ND went to the ACC because they are supposed to be better in football than the Big East, but coincidently the Big East went 2-0 against the ACC this past weekend......................

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American

:D

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
I was at the Yankee game Friday night and I wore a polo shirt with the MU logo on it.  A kid came up to me with a Yankee employee badge on and asked if I really went to Marquette.  He said he's a Georgetoen student interning with the Yankees and he asked me when "we" were joining the ACC.  I asked him "Georgetown?"  He said "no, the rest of the Big East".  I expressed my disdain for the ACC & Notre Dame and he echoed the same comments.  We talked GU vs MU basketball for a minute.  As he was employee of the Yankees, I had to ask about a big sign in left field that read Syracuse New York City's favorite team .  He kind of thought it was joke and said St. John's was NYC's team.

Hards Alumni

• All American
I was at the Yankee game Friday night and I wore a polo shirt with the MU logo on it.  A kid came up to me with a Yankee employee badge on and asked if I really went to Marquette.  He said he's a Georgetoen student interning with the Yankees and he asked me when "we" were joining the ACC.  I asked him "Georgetown?"  He said "no, the rest of the Big East".  I expressed my disdain for the ACC & Notre Dame and he echoed the same comments.  We talked GU vs MU basketball for a minute.  As he was employee of the Yankees, I had to ask about a big sign in left field that read Syracuse New York City's favorite team .  He kind of thought it was joke and said St. John's was NYC's team.

Syracuse had to pay for that sign.  :P

Abode4life

• Team Captain
I at least like that Aresco is getting out there more than Marinatto.  Granted, its the JS, so of course we heard about the article.  However, I saw him during the Temple game this past weekend on ESPN and I also liked him there.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
So I guess Notre Dame is still at least speaking with the Big East?

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2012/09/18/sports/doc505877e93c648850649377.txt

Football at Fenway? UConn, Notre Dame reportedly in negotiations to play 2014 game at park
Published: Tuesday, September 18, 2012

By The Associated Press

STORRS ā€” Connecticut and Notre Dame are reportedly in negotiations to play a football game at Fenway Park in Boston.

The Day of New London and the Boston Globe, both citing officials involved in the talks, said the game would be played in 2014, and would be considered a home game for the Fighting Irish.

UConn Athletic Director Warde Manuel did not immediately return an email seeking comment Tuesday morning.

Boston Red Sox officials said in March the team was interested in bringing football back to Fenway.

The park has hosted 41 football games in its 100-year history, but none since the New England Patriots beat the Cincinnati Bengals, 33-14, on Dec. 1, 1968.

In recent years, the baseball park also has played host to hockey games, soccer matches and concerts.

real chili 83

• All American
This stuff doesn't happen in a vaccum.  Wonder if Aresco was in the know when he took the job that ND was trolling around for an invite to the ACC?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
This stuff doesn't happen in a vaccum.  Wonder if Aresco was in the know when he took the job that ND was trolling around for an invite to the ACC?

I believe that MUScoop had a thread on that very possibility before Aresco came on.  I can't think that he'd have missed it.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Nice to see the Milwaukee paper has no quotes from Marquette's AD or coach, but found time to get quotes from Mike Brey only. Can you say "robot"?