[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[June 15, 2024, 07:12:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by mileskishnish72
[June 15, 2024, 04:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2012 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 194790 times)

only a warrior

• Team Captain
Re: 2012 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #900 on: January 22, 2013, 04:17:28 PM »
not only 6 kids with 4 baby mamas, but he also got into physical altercations with 2 of them where the police had to be called in.  Enough with the Ray show - tough as nails linebacker, but deep down still a thug regardless.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #901 on: January 22, 2013, 07:21:05 PM »
+1 Lots of good "Christians" showing their true colors here.

What about non-Christians: Jews, Muslims, atheists, etc.? Are they showing their true colors, too? Ugh.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #902 on: January 23, 2013, 07:56:03 AM »
What about non-Christians: Jews, Muslims, atheists, etc.? Are they showing their true colors, too? Ugh.

One of the main teachings of Jesus Christ is forgiveness.

I hope you get to tell that to me in person some day.

Because you'd hit me?  Extremely Christian of you.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #903 on: January 23, 2013, 08:16:32 AM »

Because you'd hit me?  Extremely Christian of you.
No, because I'd turn the other cheek.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #904 on: January 23, 2013, 08:48:36 AM »
No, because I'd turn the other cheek.

Then why not do the same for Ray?

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #905 on: January 23, 2013, 09:00:26 AM »
Then why not do the same for Ray?
Because silly insults are easily overlooked where murderous behavior, betrayal of cohorts, and assault of those women with whom one has had children are harder to dismiss.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #906 on: January 23, 2013, 09:09:11 AM »
Forgiveness cannot exist without atonement.  Unless you consider ratting out your accomplices atoning.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #907 on: January 23, 2013, 09:22:15 AM »

Always liked Jesus. One of our boys who made it big.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #908 on: January 23, 2013, 09:25:39 AM »
Forgiveness cannot exist without atonement.  Unless you consider ratting out your accomplices atoning.

I forgot the part of the bible that says: Stop snitchin'

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #909 on: January 23, 2013, 09:44:21 AM »

Carmelo made a video about it, does that count?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #910 on: January 23, 2013, 10:20:24 AM »

It's right after the part that says: "Thou shalt not place thy bobblehead of Fr. Wild inneth thy trash receptacle."
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #911 on: January 23, 2013, 12:32:09 PM »
It's right after the part that says: "Thou shalt not place thy bobblehead of Fr. Wild inneth thy trash receptacle."

Glad I followed that one... Good thing there is nothing mentioned about the Crean bobblehead.  I call it a bobble head because that is what the box said... even though it really looked like a to scale statue of him.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #912 on: January 23, 2013, 02:23:28 PM »
Glad I followed that one... Good thing there is nothing mentioned about the Crean bobblehead.  I call it a bobble head because that is what the box said... even though it really looked like a to scale statue of him.

No, no, that one is covered... it's the part about worshiping false idols.  IIRC, somewhere in the Gospel of Matthew it states that burning a Crean statue/bobble gains you plenary indulgence.

Of course, I may be misinterpreting the Lord's word.  I've been known to do that.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #913 on: January 23, 2013, 04:25:13 PM »
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/17721032-419/new-cardinals-coach-bruce-arians-thinks-highly-of-bears-jay-cutler.html

I can see no motivation for Arians to come out and say this about Jay as just "coach speak" or anything else other than to compliment the guy. Guess he's not the "coach-killer" purported.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #914 on: February 01, 2013, 12:50:42 AM »
For the Packers fans- How do you honor Driver's career?

I'd love to see him go into the Ring of Honor, even though he won't get to Canton.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #915 on: February 01, 2013, 08:13:12 AM »
For the Packers fans- How do you honor Driver's career?

I'd love to see him go into the Ring of Honor, even though he won't get to Canton.

Well, then he doesn't get on the ring of honor.  That's been a pretty hard and fast rule.

Packers' HOF and that's it.  Very good receiver who had the fortune to play for two MVP quarterbacks in a pass happy league.  I don't think he was a huge impact as a receiver.  3 Pro Bowls and top ten in receptions and yards in only two seasons.

Great guy.  Dependable.  Solid.  Not worthy of the ring of honor.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #916 on: February 01, 2013, 08:22:05 AM »

Well, then he doesn't get on the ring of honor.  That's been a pretty hard and fast rule.

They put Ron Wolf up there, so you never know. With the franchise records Driver holds, he's got an interesting case if there was any flexibility.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #917 on: February 01, 2013, 08:25:36 AM »
They put Ron Wolf up there, so you never know. With the franchise records Driver holds, he's got an interesting case if there was any flexibility.

You are correct about Wolf.  But I simply don't think Driver is worthy.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #918 on: February 01, 2013, 09:11:41 AM »
You are correct about Wolf.  But I simply don't think Driver is worthy.

If the Packers would ever make an exception (for a player), they'll do it for double-D.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #919 on: February 01, 2013, 10:04:59 AM »
If the Packers would ever make an exception (for a player), they'll do it for double-D.

Driver was a very good player and a fan favorite but he's the type of guy who tends to be overrated by his own fan base because he played with the same team for a long time and was a likable guy off the field. Was he an all-time great? No. Was he a very good player for a long time? Yes. He is to Packer fans what (inmate) Mark Grace is to a lot of Cub fans.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #920 on: February 01, 2013, 10:07:29 AM »

This is why you have waiting periods for these type of things.  I mean, I would put LeRoy Butler up there LONG before Donald Driver.  Butler was much better at his position than Driver was - at no point was Driver considered the best receiver in the NFL...but Butler was the best safety in the NFL in the mid-90s.  Some even say he revolutionized the way the position was played and paved the way for the likes of Ed Reed and Troy Palumalu

He has been as active in the community, and is pretty much considered a good all around guy too.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #921 on: February 01, 2013, 11:04:43 AM »

This is why you have waiting periods for these type of things.  I mean, I would put LeRoy Butler up there LONG before Donald Driver.  Butler was much better at his position than Driver was - at no point was Driver considered the best receiver in the NFL...but Butler was the best safety in the NFL in the mid-90s.  Some even say he revolutionized the way the position was played and paved the way for the likes of Ed Reed and Troy Palumalu

He has been as active in the community, and is pretty much considered a good all around guy too.
What's with Leroy and the Packers?  He seems to want an official postion with the Pack, but they seem to hold back.  Any insight?

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #922 on: February 01, 2013, 12:26:37 PM »

but Butler was the best safety in the NFL in the mid-90s.  Some even say he revolutionized the way the position was played and paved the way for the likes of Ed Reed and Troy Palumalu

Steve Atwater would like a word with you.

Not to say Butler doesn't belong in the conversation or the Ring of Fame, but I think Atwater had more influence on the modern position.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #923 on: February 01, 2013, 01:21:28 PM »
Steve Atwater would like a word with you.

Not to say Butler doesn't belong in the conversation or the Ring of Fame, but I think Atwater had more influence on the modern position.

Atwater is a good player, no doubt, but Butler compares quite favorable to him in terms of flexibility. Of course, Lott came before both of these guys and was much better than both.

Butler - '90-'01
38 interceptions
20.5 sacks
13 forced fumbles
10 fumble recoveries
721 tackles
4 time 1st team all-pro
4 time pro-bowler

Atwater - '89-'99
24 interceptions
5 sacks
6 forced fumbles
8 fumble recoveries
1074 tackles
2 time 1st team all-pro
8 time pro-bowler

I would put Butler in the ring of honor a long time before DD.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #924 on: February 01, 2013, 01:30:05 PM »

Perhaps you're right... I guess I'm somewhat distracted by the fact that he could potentially be seen an ambassador for the Packers outside of football, with the whole dancing thing and all, and that might add "prestige" to the organization by having his name up there.  Not the greatest example, but is Gerald Ford in the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame because he was a superstar at UM or because he was POTUS.  Is Golda's school named for her because of her MPS teaching career or because of her contributions/accomplishments 12,000 miles away?

Granted, DWTS is not quite the same level as being the head of state (maybe in some countries), but as far as popularity goes outside of Wisconsin, DD's probably the most recognizable Packer to never win an MVP in today's mainstream.  But still, I'm getting on board with the idea that DD isn't going in the ring... unless he turns evil and becomes Supreme Emperor someday.