[Today at 12:33:49 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 10:43:34 AM]

NM by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 01:04:38 AM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Billy Hoyle
[June 18, 2024, 09:06:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2012 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 194901 times)

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: 2012 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #400 on: November 20, 2012, 05:47:58 AM »
Lot of bad tonight, but my god is Gabe Carimi awful, just awful. No stance, no push, nothing. Horrendously poor play.

I know our OL performance has been awful, but does anyone throw more check-downs than Campbell? 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #401 on: November 20, 2012, 07:35:19 AM »

I know our OL performance has been awful, but does anyone throw more check-downs than Campbell? 

That's all he had time for.   He wanted to breathe the next day.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #402 on: November 20, 2012, 07:57:01 AM »

The Bears looked completely unprepared for that game and the offense lacked any sort of in-game adjustments. It's absolutely inexcusable to give up 5.5 sacks to one player. Give the tackles some help from a RB or TE, run a slant or a draw. Do something, ANYTHING to give your QB a chance to make a play. Honestly, it felt like the 49ers were playing 9 in the box to stop Forte, putting 2 on Marshall and daring anyone else on the Bears' offense to beat them.

Big game against the Vikings on Sunday. I bet Jared Allen can't sleep this week because he's so excited.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #403 on: November 20, 2012, 08:26:23 AM »
And in the end, Rodgers does it.  Won a game they had no business winning.

Not sure what you mean by this. Statistically it was pretty even game. The Packers beat a desperate NFL team on the road. Any win in the NFL is big especially on the road. Not to mention the Packers were without 8 starters. (Bulaga, Benson, Jennings, Matthews, Woodson, Bishop, Perry, DJ Smith)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #404 on: November 20, 2012, 09:19:56 AM »
That game is exactly why I don't see the Bears defense as a "historic" defense. Say what you want about the lack of video on him, you're playing a quarterback making his first start for a team that is known for their defense, not offense. A historic defense does not give up 32 points and have 0 takeaways in that situation. Again, not saying their defense isn't good, it just isn't one of the best in the history of the game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #405 on: November 20, 2012, 09:23:48 AM »
Not comparing apples/apples here, historic in numbers (which is tough to argue because there statistical in nature). Sure, eye test is different.

Kapernick is better than Alex Smith. Fantastic game plan by Harbaugh, he used both the Bears defensive strengths and weakneses against them, brilliantly done.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #406 on: November 20, 2012, 10:06:04 AM »
Not comparing apples/apples here, historic in numbers (which is tough to argue because there statistical in nature). Sure, eye test is different.

Kapernick is better than Alex Smith. Fantastic game plan by Harbaugh, he used both the Bears defensive strengths and weakneses against them, brilliantly done.

Did you ever hear the quote " There's lies, damn lies and then statistics."  Do you also think the batter that goes 7 for 8 in his first two games is going to end up batting .870 for the season. Getting statsitically fat in a couple of games like Tennesee dosen't mean they will end up with historic numbers. Besides you and a few others were saying how "unreal" and awesome the Bears defense is. I didn't hear anything about statistics or eye tests then.

Again, the Bear defense is good maybe damn good, but I think we are starting to see the bloated numbers come back to the mean.

Do you think this game gives the league a blue print on how to beat the Bear defense? The main thing was the Bears came in thinking run and the 49ers were not afraid to pass. the bad thing for the bears is that they couldn't stop the run either.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #407 on: November 20, 2012, 10:26:21 AM »
Do you think this game gives the league a blue print on how to beat the Bear defense? The main thing was the Bears came in thinking run and the 49ers were not afraid to pass. the bad thing for the bears is that they couldn't stop the run either.

It gives a blueprint but most teams don't have the personnel. Very few NFL teams have an o-line like SF's or a running back like Frank Gore.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #408 on: November 20, 2012, 10:36:53 AM »
It gives a blueprint but most teams don't have the personnel. Very few NFL teams have an o-line like SF's or a running back like Frank Gore.

True, SF offensive line is very good. I can't figure out how that team can beat up on the Packers and Bears, etc yet get there butt kicked against the giants and vikings, and struggle with the rams and seahawks.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #409 on: November 20, 2012, 10:58:27 AM »
True, SF offensive line is very good. I can't figure out how that team can beat up on the Packers and Bears, etc yet get there butt kicked against the giants and vikings, and struggle with the rams and seahawks.

4 good running teams in the Giants, Vikes, Rams, Seahawks.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #410 on: November 20, 2012, 12:04:48 PM »
Bears schedule is their schedule. Packers, Lions, Vikings play a strikingly similar schedule, and I'm sorry, but I didn't see the turnovers, returns for TD's being done in by any of those 3 teams. To have scored that many defensive TD's in a half season's worth of work is historic. To be argued against is flat out wrong.

Harbaugh ran a near flawless game plan. If anyone watched that game in it's entirety last night, there were offensive sets you haven't seen in the NFL in 20 years, it was borderline madness. T Formation, option, 4 TE sets, it was ridiculously clever and executed to near perfection. Bears defensive strengths are creating turnovers and using their team speed to pursue. By using the formations Harbaugh did, he turned the Bears defensive front sideways. All along the Bears weakness on defense is their safeties, who have played above average so far this season. Last night they were terrible. They had to play coverage more, and couldn't tackle (which we knew they could do neither going into the year). Haven't seen an offense execute so well against the Bears D in a while, ton of credit to Niners.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #411 on: November 20, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »
As a Niner fan, I hope the Bears get Cutler back, the O-Line does a better job (they were blown off the blocks), and the defensive coach plans better.

SS Marquette

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #412 on: November 20, 2012, 09:10:30 PM »
Really?  Who have they played?  Next 4 weeks will tell the tale.
Like I said....

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #413 on: November 21, 2012, 07:35:04 AM »
Like I said....

I hope you don't pull a muscle.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

🏀

• All American
« Reply #414 on: November 21, 2012, 07:42:26 AM »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #415 on: November 21, 2012, 08:28:16 AM »
Like I said....

Bears went 0-2 vs SF & Hou, GB went 1-1, ho hum.

I still love how the Vikings and Seahawks (both in Chicago) are reincarnated as the '09 Pats.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #416 on: November 21, 2012, 08:49:35 AM »
Bears schedule is their schedule. Packers, Lions, Vikings play a strikingly similar schedule, and I'm sorry, but I didn't see the turnovers, returns for TD's being done in by any of those 3 teams. To have scored that many defensive TD's in a half season's worth of work is historic. To be argued against is flat out wrong.

I agree with this...but at some point you need to have an offense.  And right now the Bears are seeing the results of bad drafts on the offensive side of the ball - in particular the offensive line.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #417 on: November 21, 2012, 08:57:50 AM »

I agree with this...but at some point you need to have an offense.  And right now the Bears are seeing the results of bad drafts on the offensive side of the ball - in particular the offensive line.

No question about it, and their offense, without Cutler, and a consistently poor offensive line, may be their ultimate downfall. If the Bears make the playoffs, they are not beating GB, NYG, or SF, even if it's in Chicago. Even with a stellar defense, those teams rush the passer way too well and all 3 would beat the Bears.

Worst part of the Bears OL is that they've drafted 2 first round picks recently at tackle. Both have failed epicly. It is hard in the NFL to miss that badly on first round offensive tackles, but the Bears have, and are paying the price.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #418 on: November 21, 2012, 10:02:07 AM »
Cool story, bro.

I too am obsessed with the Lakers bros.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #419 on: November 21, 2012, 10:04:32 AM »
I too am obsessed with the Lakers bros.

I feel bad for the guy on the right. He's just being normal.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #420 on: November 21, 2012, 12:07:24 PM »
I feel bad for the guy on the right. He's just being normal.

I feel like the guy on the left is the poster theULTIMATEWarrior.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #421 on: November 21, 2012, 12:45:21 PM »
I feel like the guy on the left is the poster theULTIMATEWarrior.

Yes, that is his writing personified. What is wrong with his chin?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #422 on: November 23, 2012, 08:33:59 AM »
So, outside throwing a football around with my nephews (Bears fans) during the second quarter, half time, and early third quarter of the Lions game.   They were impressed with how the Lions were playing.    I said "Don't worry the Lions will lose.   That's a given.   What keeps me watching the Lions after 40 years is HOW they are going to lose.    That is the entertaining part. "      We walked back in just as they were showing replays of the TD run that wasn't but was and they looked at me with huge eyes.    "Just wait.   The Lions are going to lose in a way that you simply won't believe."      When it was all over, they just looked at me with awe in their eyes.     I just nodded smugly.      I explained that the Lions are competitive, but are always one player, one play, one call away from winning and that is how it has been since I have been watching and the reason I can now watch games with complete detachment.     Getting a sincere 'wow' from a know-it-all 15 year old always feels good. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #423 on: November 23, 2012, 10:38:50 AM »
So, outside throwing a football around with my nephews (Bears fans) during the second quarter, half time, and early third quarter of the Lions game.   They were impressed with how the Lions were playing.    I said "Don't worry the Lions will lose.   That's a given.   What keeps me watching the Lions after 40 years is HOW they are going to lose.    That is the entertaining part. "      We walked back in just as they were showing replays of the TD run that wasn't but was and they looked at me with huge eyes.    "Just wait.   The Lions are going to lose in a way that you simply won't believe."      When it was all over, they just looked at me with awe in their eyes.     I just nodded smugly.      I explained that the Lions are competitive, but are always one player, one play, one call away from winning and that is how it has been since I have been watching and the reason I can now watch games with complete detachment.     Getting a sincere 'wow' from a know-it-all 15 year old always feels good. 

The call on Schwartz was pretty lame, and I look for that rule to be gone next season.  But yes that was a new and exciting way to lose.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Real Chilly Podcast

• Starter
  • whassup marquette whassuuup?
    • Real Chilly Podcast
« Reply #424 on: November 23, 2012, 11:04:17 AM »
as a Lions fan who was at the game...  I don't think it's ever been more apparent what the NFL's agenda is
Listen to the Real Chilly Podcast on SoundCloud, iTunes, or Youtube.

Follow our twitter: @RealChillyPod

feedback