[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PointWarrior
[Today at 12:57:23 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [PaintTouches]Character revealed?  (Read 6903 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: [PaintTouches]Character revealed?
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 03:49:41 PM »
And Seton Hall and Providence have arguably had more embarrassing off-court incidents in the last few years than we have.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2012, 08:56:49 PM »
Why does everyone keep thinking that LW is trying to make MU into SLU?

Clearly the fact that he is tolerating all of these slimy moves and violations indicates that LW is trying to make MU into UCONN.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2012, 09:49:07 PM »
Why does everyone keep thinking that LW is trying to make MU into SLU?

Clearly the fact that he is tolerating all of these slimy moves and violations indicates that LW is trying to make MU into UCONN.

Sorry to sound dumb but what is SLU exactly? Saint Louis University? What happened there that was bad?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 09:50:09 PM »
I think that assumes LW feelings about Buzz are Black or White.  I don't think its that simple.  I don't think LW hates Buzz.  I think LW doesn't have much repore with Buzz.  He tolerates Buzz and is wary of Buzz due to his success and his admiration by most fans.   LW thinks Buzz is kind of pain to manage.  He certainly doesn't think that Buzz is irreplaceable.  While no one is irreplaceable the odds don't favor the next coach being as good or better than Buzz.  If Buzz leaves MU is much more likely to be like Seton Hall or Providence in 5 years than they are likely to be Syracuse or Pitt.  I'm not sure LW thinks that would be such a bad thing.  That is what worries me.       

So you're saying MU won't be in the ACC in 5 years? Bummer.

Why do you think LW would think that it's not such a bad thing being the AD of a school's who marquee athletic program went from being a perennial top 20 team to being an afterthought?

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2012, 10:20:14 PM »
Except you weren't under investigation, and then repeatedly lied.
You don't know that he repeatedly "lied"or the magnitude of any purported falsehood. It may have been something as simple as a misunderstanding or missed communication. I think this is a very minor transgression that was met with massive overreaction by the administration. Tired of bad press? As an MU fan I'm tired of decisions that appear to be harmful to continuing BB success at MU and appear to be causing a less than harmonious situation for Buzz. Administrators are a dime a dozen. Coaches like Buzz are not.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2012, 11:34:26 PM »
Sorry to sound dumb but what is SLU exactly? Saint Louis University? What happened there that was bad?

Simply ... the idea was that Larry Williams was unhappy with the baggage of a high major program (off the court stuff) and he wants to turn us into a team of traditionals that never win but also never get into trouble ... or SLU.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 11:45:04 PM by AnotherMU84 »

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2012, 12:51:23 AM »
Simply ... the idea was that Larry Williams was unhappy with the baggage of a high major program (off the court stuff) and he wants to turn us into a team of traditionals that never win but also never get into trouble ... or SLU.

wow, doesnt sound like fun.