'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Don Walker Violation Audio w/1250  (Read 15636 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Don Walker Violation Audio w/1250
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »
Just when the Hiroshima clouds have passed without rain - cue the LW out to makes Buzz's life miserable campaign....

by the way - while Buzz is winning and getting great recruits - he is rough around the edges and likely could use some guidance running a program as he has only run a program for 5 years in his career

OK, what's your explanation of why LW went to Don Walker with the story of a recruiting violation (said to be minor but not referred to as such by LW) when it could have been kept private? Oh, and by the way, the same Don Walker he went to with criticism of Buzz 3 months ago and the same Don Walker who showed up on a radio show with some "new" LW negative insights on Buzz from the old interview. I not big on conspiracy theories, but I don't write off patterns of behavior to mere coincidence either.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 03:26:54 PM »
Look, it's abundantly clear to all those who look, that MU is paranoid Buzz is gonna strap the university with sanctions if he remains unbridled.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 03:27:32 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7FYTc55nGEI&amp;fs=1&amp;source=uds" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7FYTc55nGEI&amp;fs=1&amp;source=uds</a>

Lenny and Ners, here to put extra ketchup, pickles, and special sauce on one huge NOTHINGBURGER.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2012, 03:28:49 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7FYTc55nGEI&amp;fs=1&amp;source=uds" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7FYTc55nGEI&amp;fs=1&amp;source=uds</a>

Lenny and Ners, here to put extra ketchup, pickles, and special sauce on one huge NOTHINGBURGER.

Don't forget Sultan

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2012, 03:29:16 PM »
Perhaps he did it knowing that in case it did come out, it wouldn't be a smoking gun of MU trying to hide a story.

Then either Larry neglected to say it was minor, or Walker omitted it.

To me, this stinks of a "teaching moment" from LW. But my tinfoil might need to be changed.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2012, 03:40:52 PM »
It appears MU announced the violation in a press release shortly after reporting it to the NCAA.  I assume the MJS assigned Don Walker to contact MU regarding the press release.

or it's sinister plot by LW to release as much bad publicity on MU basketball to make Buzz look bad...

take your pick...

OK, what's your explanation of why LW went to Don Walker with the story of a recruiting violation (said to be minor but not referred to as such by LW) when it could have been kept private? Oh, and by the way, the same Don Walker he went to with criticism of Buzz 3 months ago and the same Don Walker who showed up on a radio show with some "new" LW negative insights on Buzz from the old interview. I not big on conspiracy theories, but I don't write off patterns of behavior to mere coincidence either.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 03:41:37 PM »
I truly don't know what exactly is going on.  I think it is very odd though that Don Walker somehow gets to report bad news regarding Marquette basketball.  The first one was understandable because of the nature of the issue.  But this one?  

But then, why release it at all?  Secondary violations are minor and they most certainly are not publicly released by the NCAA.  Why say anything unless asked?

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 04:01:51 PM »
This whole thing has just friggin' rekindled the entire "LW is out to get Buzz!!" meme...and I don't like it.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 04:27:59 PM »
I truly don't know what exactly is going on.  I think it is very odd though that Don Walker somehow gets to report bad news regarding Marquette basketball.  The first one was understandable because of the nature of the issue.  But this one?  

But then, why release it at all?  Secondary violations are minor and they most certainly are not publicly released by the NCAA.  Why say anything unless asked?

The only good reason for MU to release it is because they believed that word of it would get out.  If they believed that, then they should release it so as to not give the appearance of covering anything up, and to be able to put their spin on it as the first word.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 04:33:14 PM »
The only good reason for MU to release it is because they believed that word of it would get out.  If they believed that, then they should release it so as to not give the appearance of covering anything up, and to be able to put their spin on it as the first word.

No, that is not what they should have done....especially the way they did it.  They should have just commented on it when word got out because any reputable news source would have called them for comment.  What they ended up doing is making it news. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2012, 04:42:29 PM »

No, that is not what they should have done....especially the way they did it.  They should have just commented on it when word got out because any reputable news source would have called them for comment.  What they ended up doing is making it news. 

I heard that the NCAA was "snooping around the program" over 2 weeks ago. Heard there may have been a recruiting violation made by a coach who has since departed to a recruit who is now on the roster. The news was out.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

shaquilvaine

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2012, 04:59:50 PM »
If Don Walker is right that MU didn't have to reveal this why would Larry W be doing so? I mean, what's the point?

This is the real question. Wanna know why... because walker has a source within the university. Not sure who it is, but they are p$ssing me off.  He contacted MU before anyone was made aware of it.  Then the University was forced to respond.  He may be a knob, but he has his sources.

I know for a fact that they didn't release it in a press release.  Walker came calling demanding answers.  
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 05:01:25 PM by shaquilvaine »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2012, 05:25:58 PM »
Time to snag the mole!
SS Marquette

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2012, 05:39:07 PM »
I heard that the NCAA was "snooping around the program" over 2 weeks ago. Heard there may have been a recruiting violation made by a coach who has since departed to a recruit who is now on the roster. The news was out.

Is that why the coach departed?

The Process

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2012, 05:42:05 PM »
Time to snag the mole!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mvxe04wGmTw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Mvxe04wGmTw</a>
Relax. Respect the Process.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2012, 06:03:58 PM »
Is that why the coach departed?

I did not hear that they were related.  But I did not hear that they weren't related.  So to be completely honest my guess is no, but it is possible.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2012, 06:10:55 PM »

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2012, 06:11:47 PM »
no.

Boring.  Does it involve sexy tweets to recruits a la The Tanned One?

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2012, 06:15:53 PM »
Boring.  Does it involve sexy tweets to recruits a la The Tanned One?

Haha, no. Didn't know if previous posts inferred that Benford or Aki were gone because of said violation.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2012, 06:25:29 PM »
Haha, no. Didn't know if previous posts inferred that Benford or Aki were gone because of said violation.

I made a bit of a leap, but thought it was a question worth asking since that's the first place my mind went.  Thanks for clarifying.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2012, 06:27:47 PM »

So it's one of those two then...?

Here I was gonna say that Aki was looking to extend Cal's legacy at Memphis

A recruit who was on the roster a few weeks ago, or one that's still on the roster...?

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2012, 06:29:52 PM »
So it's one of those two then...?

Here I was gonna say that Aki was looking to extend Cal's legacy at Memphis

A recruit who was on the roster a few weeks ago, or one that's still on the roster...?

I didn't say it was one of those two.  ??

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2012, 06:33:52 PM »
LW to turn MU into SLU

(No Teal)

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2012, 06:34:34 PM »
I didn't say it was one of those two.  ??

Nope, wadesworld did.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2012, 06:38:30 PM »
Nope, wadesworld did.

Right, I was hoping he would have replied if that was the case.  Strotty - sorry for not quoting him first and making it a bit clearer.