[Today at 12:07:54 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Unbalanced reporting in MKE News  (Read 14856 times)

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
Unbalanced reporting in MKE News
« on: August 04, 2012, 11:03:57 AM »
It is sad what has happened to Monty Ball but rumors are swirling that Montee beat up that group of guys friends at a an off campus party (If you ask me I dont think that he beat them up and this is all a bunch of unsubstantiated rumors).  The funny part is that the MKE media and talk radio keeps talking about how this must be some sort of a mistake, Monty would never hit anyone, Brett Bielema would have kicked him off the team if this actually happened.... ETC ETC ETC.  How come the media was so quick to side with Monty Ball and on the flip side so quick to bash DJO (Bill Michaels actually said on his radio program after the report happened that DJO hit some guy over the head with a bottle putting him into a coma).   

If you ask me, it is time for us to embrace are role as the bad guy if that is what the media is creating for us

esotericmindguy

• All American
Re: Unbalanced reporting in MKE News
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 11:36:38 AM »
Guys don't get beat nearly to death without a reason.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 11:43:14 AM »
He got what he deserved.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 11:47:20 AM »
If you ask me, it is time for us to embrace are role as the bad guy if that is what the media is creating for us

do you type your posts or dictate them via Siri, Vlingo, Dragon, etc.?

Mr. Curious
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 11:49:49 AM »
The rumors are there was a "fight" at a football players house.

He got what he deserved.

And that's pretty classless.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 11:59:46 AM »
The rumors are there was a "fight" at a football players house.

And that's pretty classless.

Having a bunch of athletes attack an individual for you over a girl? That's classless.

I'm glad the individual got his retribution against Ball and hopefully drags UW through a mud a bit.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 12:15:31 PM »
Having a bunch of athletes attack an individual for you over a girl? That's classless.

I'm glad the individual got his retribution against Ball and hopefully drags UW through a mud a bit.

Until you know the whole story, saying someone deserved to get beaten is classless.  Period.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 12:23:41 PM »

Until you know the whole story, saying someone deserved to get beaten is classless.  Period.

The story is well-known already in Madison.

This isn't the first time Montee has had a problem, just the first time someone decided to retaliate against the football machine in Madison. We'll see how much actually becomes uncovered, MPD will try to keep a cap on it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 01:01:05 PM »

This isn't the first time Montee has had a problem, just the first time someone decided to retaliate against the football machine in Madison. We'll see how much actually becomes uncovered, MPD will try to keep a cap on it.

Regardless, if the rumors are true, he didn't deserve to get beaten.  

And if you think this is going to somehow expose the football team, all such retaliation does is turn them into victims.

awilhelmscream

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 01:38:05 PM »

I've witnessed past MU bball players fight students as well.  Does that mean they deserve to get jumped as well ::)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 02:21:48 PM »
(A) Let's stop being petty.  Nobody 'deserves' to get jumped by 5 guys.    (B) kenosha isn't by definition wrong.     If the version that PTM has heard is accurate, then a whole load of buckyworld needs to either condemn Ball or apologize to MU.    I am sure there will be an outbreak of zephyrs as they try to spin this and find a way to make MU seems dirtier.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 02:24:14 PM »
So, what happened...allegedly?  Haven't heard the story yet.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 02:34:23 PM »
I would also enjoy more details in pm form if necessary.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

🏀

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 02:37:06 PM »
I've witnessed past MU bball players fight students as well.  Does that mean they deserve to get jumped as well ::)

I sure wouldn't feel bad about them getting a taste of their own medicine.

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 02:43:11 PM »
http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/03/montee-ball-cops-interview-house-party-fight-university-of-wisconsin/?adid=hero1

No predictions on where this ends up. 

Damn, TMZ is covering Madison now?

I guess saying he deserved to be jumped may be a little much, but I do not feel bad for a guy that points goons around to beat up other people when the same thing happens to him.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 02:53:31 PM »
I enjoy everytime UW gets beaten, but I do not enjoy their players getting beaten up.

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 08:48:53 PM »
This is (mostly) truly pathetic.   :'(

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 08:52:42 PM »
Very much like most of your posts............

chapman

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 09:37:24 PM »
It seems Milwaukee news outlets have given equal attention to this story and "Six MU players walk into a bar".  Though the national media has the sense to realize the stories aren't equal and is all over this incident and the MU story rightfully didn't even make their radar. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 09:57:18 PM »
So what's worse... Not calling the police or having the police bury the story?

http://www.tmz.com/person/montee-ball/

The Madison Police Department straight up LIED to the media about its investigation into the Montee Ball attack ... and tried to throw TMZ under the bus ... but their plan has backfired ... big time.

TMZ broke the story ... the Madison Police Department HAD launched in an investigation into tips that Ball and several of his UW football teammates beat up a man at a party on July 27 ... several days before Ball was attacked on campus. Cops told the media that the TMZ report was not true.

They lied.

After cops made their false statement, TMZ broke another story -- cops had interviewed the person who claimed he was brutally injured by Ball and others on July 27... and wanted to know if the alleged victim had ordered a retaliatory strike on Ball.

Today, cops released a NEW statement .... finally admitting what we had already told you -- that investigators were indeed looking into the July 27 event. 

Cops have now said ... "Through information developed by detectives, [The Madison PD has] determined that there was a fight that occurred Friday night which involved UW students, members of the UW football team, and other individuals that were not affiliated with the University of Wisconsin's Athletics Department."

The statement continues, "We have also determined that Montee Ball was present at the location of that fight, but we have no information that leads us to believe that he had any involvement in that particular event."

We called the MPD for comment -- for some reason, they don't want to talk to us.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:18:27 PM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 10:35:08 PM »
It's going to be hilarious to see either Illinois, Indiana or Purdue in the B1G championship game this year.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 12:49:52 AM »

Perhaps.   But it is mouse nuts compare to the vitriol that came from the red-wearing MU haters when a bunch of MU ballplayers were cited for being in a bar but not drinking.    Go back and read some of the stuff on the badger boards.    Whose invective is/was worse?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:56:10 AM by tower912 »

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 05:39:00 AM »
 seeing as how we don't have a football team, i don't mind rooting for bucky pigskin, but that's usually where it ends.  i do think bo ryan is a b-ball genius-yes he's a whiner, but i respect his abilities.  that being said, the incident in question-there's a big elephant in the room.  this kind of schmit goes on all over the place.  badger football pride got in the way of common sense.  of course any whiff of common sense goes out the window when akahall and other illicit ingredients come into the mix.  then add a female(i hope) and the testosterone begins to fly.  now you've got the tribal attitude going and i'm really surprised someone didn't get capped or stuck.  so it is refreshing to see the disagreement was handled without lawyers guns and money...so far

GOO

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 08:53:18 AM »
So, the Madison media and cops hide an incident involving UW Athletics and the only reason it comes to light is TMZ?  Pathetic. TMZ is the most reliable and only source for info on this?  Wow!  
Some traditional media types and the cops should be ashamed! But they won't be, business as usual.

Does Ball get charged with obstruction and lying to the cops. Of course not. In Madison I guess ya gotta take things Into your own hand vigilante style, if it involves UW Athletics.  I guess Ball will be kicked off the team, now, of course. Not. Maybe suspended from participating in practice for a week while he is recovering, retroactive once discipline is imposed in February!  

feedback