Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [PaintTouches]What T.J. Taylor’s departure means for Marquette  (Read 4157 times)

PaintTouchesSays

What T.J. Taylor’s departure means for Marquette

Written by: Mark Strotman

There are plenty of theories to go around as to why T.J. Taylor, an incoming sophomore who spent last season at Paris Junior College, has “withdrawn from Marquette,” according a tweet from @muathletics. But for whatever reason Taylor chose to … Continue reading →

http://painttouches.com/2012/07/19/what-t-j-taylors-departure-means-for-marquette/

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Strotty, not nearly enough negativity or comparisons to Newbill and Durley.

Kidding aside, a very nice write-up on both the current situation and how things may pan out in the next 6-12 months.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

frozena pizza

• All American
Hadn't heard anything about Xavier Rathan-Mayes until this.  Any speculation on our chances with him and whether he would be preferred over Nunn?

Groin_pull

• All American
I want someone who truly wants to be at MU. I get the strong impression that MU is Nunn's backup plan. He's begging UCLA or Kentucky to make an offer...but they haven't. I don't want someone coming to MU with a chip on their shoulder and thinking they're too good for the blue and gold.

frozena pizza

• All American
I want someone who truly wants to be at MU. I get the strong impression that MU is Nunn's backup plan. He's begging UCLA or Kentucky to make an offer...but they haven't. I don't want someone coming to MU with a chip on their shoulder and thinking they're too good for the blue and gold.

But apparently Nunn has no issue signing with a school as their backup plan.  Nunn is well below Kentucky's current standards.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Hadn't heard anything about Xavier Rathan-Mayes until this.  Any speculation on our chances with him and whether he would be preferred over Nunn?

We've been in on XRM for quite awhile, but he seemed like one of those guys on the fringe until the past couple months, when we've gotten more serious in our pursuit. I think he has the ability to be a high-profile scorer, not sure which we'd prefer. Nunn seems to be our top target, but XRM would probably be a very, very close second.

Stronghold

• All American
Could this be one of the few years where MU is more experienced inside as opposed to guard/wing players?  Assuming Otule, Gardner, and J. Wilson are all healthy it could be.

Groin_pull

• All American
But apparently Nunn has no issue signing with a school as their backup plan.  Nunn is well below Kentucky's current standards.

Of course he is. But he doesn't think he is. That could lead to serious attitude problems at whatever school he eventually signs with.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Of course he is. But he doesn't think he is. That could lead to serious attitude problems at whatever school he eventually signs with.

I won't count on Nunn until he's in the classroom, but I do think some are underselling him. He hasn't had the summer he might have hoped for, but he was generally a top 25-40 kid before. That's borderline Mickey D's, and I don't think even Kentucky turns up their nose at those types. Nunn has plenty of talent and is still a top-50 type. UK may get a lot of top talent, but it's not like they don't recruit outside the top 10-15 guys in the country.

Groin_pull

• All American
One of these years, MU is going to have a smooth offseason—and I'll die from shock.

real chili 83

• All American
Re: [PaintTouches]What T.J. Taylor’s departure means for Marquette
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 09:46:14 PM »
Strotty, nice writeup.  Unfortunately for you, it was way too objective.....you will never hae a career at the JS ;)

Perhaps you could get a job at the Star Trib....Grandpa Sid has to die one of these decades...you could fill his shoes!

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
Re: [PaintTouches]What T.J. Taylor’s departure means for Marquette
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 10:12:19 PM »
Strotty, nice writeup.  Unfortunately for you, it was way too objective.....you will never hae a career at the JS ;)

Perhaps you could get a job at the Star Trib....Grandpa Sid has to die one of these decades...you could fill his shoes!

Haha, I am looking forward to writing a Kendrick Nunn - Marquette story for CSN Chicago once he commits.  :D

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for

I'd take the chance.  I really don't see your concern as a real problem.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Groin_pull

• All American
Here's what I'm saying. If Nunn commits to MU, that would be great. But I wouldn't wait around and miss out if another top-100 player is ready right now to commit to MU. Also, if Nunn does commit to MU, be prepared for a possible attitude problem. He clearly believes he's on a Kentucky level...so if he's all geared up to play for Calipari, and has to "settle" for MU...he may not have the greatest attitude. But having said all that, I still hope MU gets him.