Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Coach: Jae will make Mavs  (Read 6167 times)

MU82

• All American
Coach: Jae will make Mavs
« on: July 16, 2012, 10:42:40 PM »
During the second quarter of last night's Mavs-Nuggets Summer League game, Rick Carlisle went on with the announcers and talked about how much he liked Crowder. At one point he said: "Everybody does."

A minute or so later, he came right out and said he fully expected Jae to make the Mavs' roster. There was no doubt in his voice as he said it.

Nice to hear about a hard-working, intelligent, unselfish, talented guy who was so valuable at MU.
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Clam Crowder

• All American
Re: Coach: Jae will make Mavs
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 11:12:39 PM »
DJO has been struggling. I will take 1 out of 2

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 12:19:58 AM »
30+ minutes and 15 pts

DjO  5 turnovers

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 05:17:43 AM »

I watched some of the Lakers/Heat game last night, and holy crap was that painful.  I turned it off with 3+ min left in the the 3rd qtr, as the Lakers had 35 points.  DJO struggled, but a lot of reports have said the Lakers like DJO's defense.  It's just weird to see DJO clang three pointers.

Cool to see Buzz in Vegas to watch Jae and DJO.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 08:09:59 AM »
I watched some of the Lakers/Heat game last night, and holy crap was that painful.  I turned it off with 3+ min left in the the 3rd qtr, as the Lakers had 35 points.  DJO struggled, but a lot of reports have said the Lakers like DJO's defense.  It's just weird to see DJO clang three pointers.

Well, obviously you are having some selective memory of DJO.  He was not a knock-down shooter by any means, and hoisted up a lot of shots to get his threes to fall - his percentage was only 38.5% last year.  Better than average but not really elite.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 08:16:28 AM »

Cool to see Buzz in Vegas to watch Jae and DJO.
For whatever reason last year DJO was a slow starter in games. He also was a streak shooter. Once he got going he was hard to stop. He may not get enough playing time in the NBA to get his offense going.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • βœ… Verified Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 08:17:42 AM »
OJ will be playing with Jae on the Mavs.  That'll be nice for Jae to already know somebody :)

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 09:17:56 AM »
In DJO's defense, he's playing with a team of scrubs that would struggle to compete in the Big East. It's tough to play with guys who suck.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 09:36:35 AM »
In DJO's defense, he's playing with a team of scrubs that would struggle to compete in the Big East. It's tough to play with guys who suck.

Agreed. The Lakers summer league team is a joke...even by NBA Summer League standards. DJO will get his chances in training camp and the preseason. Kobe, Nash and Blake are really the only locks in the Lakers' backcourt. Unless they sign someone else, DJO will need to beat out Goudelock and Morris. Seems very possible as long as he takes advantage of the opportunities given.

The Lakers seem to be focusing more on DJO's defense...
http://blog.lakers.com/lakers/2012/07/14/can-djos-d-help-the-lakers/

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 04:23:20 PM »
Agreed. The Lakers summer league team is a joke...even by NBA Summer League standards. DJO will get his chances in training camp and the preseason. Kobe, Nash and Blake are really the only locks in the Lakers' backcourt. Unless they sign someone else, DJO will need to beat out Goudelock and Morris. Seems very possible as long as he takes advantage of the opportunities given.

If DJO struggles to stand out against these bums his probability of making the cut does not look good.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-release-2012-summer-league-roster/2012/07/11/

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 04:25:08 PM »

The Lakers seem to be focusing more on DJO's defense...
http://blog.lakers.com/lakers/2012/07/14/can-djos-d-help-the-lakers/

I'd take Goudelock over DJO, and I don't know Morris all that well.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 05:05:39 PM »
I'd take Goudelock over DJO, and I don't know Morris all that well.

Well, Morris went 4-17 (not a typo) and Goldie Locks went 2-10. DJO went 2-6.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 05:22:56 PM »

Well, obviously you are having some selective memory of DJO.  He was not a knock-down shooter by any means, and hoisted up a lot of shots to get his threes to fall - his percentage was only 38.5% last year.  Better than average but not really elite.
Agreed, it just looks so pretty and soft when it does go in that he seems to get a ton of compliments.  That NBA line is a lost further out - I really thought Lazar would be the one not phased by pulling up from that far out, but even he has struggled.

I wrote a couple of months ago I was completely confident Jae would be drafted and make his team, so I am just hoping for Buycks and DJO to find a nitch as well.  Is Lazar's contract good for next year?  Only 8 teams had more than 8 players in the NBA last year, so there is a chance we could break the top 10.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 05:46:04 PM »
Well, Morris went 4-17 (not a typo) and Goldie Locks went 2-10. DJO went 2-6.

Goudelock was also pretty good for the Lakers last year before his PT took a hit following the Sessions trade.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 07:23:23 PM »

Acccording to Murf, he has the potential to have a better career than Fish.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 07:42:14 PM »

This guy?

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/images/reviews/190/1199358248_1.jpg

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 08:49:07 PM »

Mardy?
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 08:56:39 PM »
Mardy?

The one that ate Pittsburgh.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 09:13:25 AM »
Goudelock was also pretty good for the Lakers last year before his PT took a hit following the Sessions trade.

Can Goudelock defend? I mean that as a legitimate question. I'm honestly not that familiar with his game. From what I've been reading about LAL, they have scorers but they're looking for reserve guards who can defend, which makes me think that D is not one of Goudelock's strengths.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 09:37:48 AM »
It doesn't matter really what DJO doesn't do this summer.

All that matters is if Kobe likes him.
SS Marquette

chapman

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 01:37:13 PM »
Jae's line last night: 20 points, 8 rebounds, 4 steals.  Nice.

A dunk: http://www.nba.com/video/games/mavericks/2012/07/18/1521200033_atl_dal_play3.nba/

Also found a Frenchman's tweet about "the son of Corey Crowder".  Linked to this article from a French basketball blog, thought that was pretty cool.  Basically just says he's the son of Corey Crowder who spent some time in the NBA, came from Wade's school Marquette, was BE POY, and is playing well in summer league: http://www.basketusa.com/news/121082/summer-leagues-le-fils-de-corey-crowder-arrache-tout/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

DSEEagle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 02:34:12 PM »
Morris also went 9-9 from the floor with 24 points in that game the other day against the Spurs. DJO is in trouble, unfortunately.

feedback