Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Todd Mayo GONE ?  (Read 45971 times)

Blackhat

• All American
Re: Todd Mayo GONE ?
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2012, 11:39:09 AM »
? becomes:  Why is Mayo going home for a long period when most of the team is here?

mu-rara

• All American
Re: Todd Mayo GONE
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2012, 11:39:55 AM »
Great to hear Mark!!!

As an aside discussion on principles.

I'm getting pretty sick of these friday announcements.   Sure I understand the logic, news less observed on weekends, etc.but MU is being somewhat deceitful and must really think people are dumb to keep on doing it.  

Just be out front with the bad news and face the music.

Some have been screaming for professional PR.   This is what professional PR does.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2012, 11:40:39 AM »
how many more pages before the discussion turns to fishing?

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2012, 11:41:56 AM »
Professional PR is blatantly obvious I guess, imo.    Insulting most media savvy people.

In today's world of 247 fast media I'm not sure a friday evening send off is that effective anymore.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2012, 11:50:59 AM »
? becomes:  Why is Mayo going home for a long period when most of the team is here?

Maybe he's suspended until the start of first semester (WARNING: TOTAL GUESS HERE), but he did enough in the first summer session to get himself eligible.  Therefore, since he's barred from official team activities, why stay around campus when you don't have to?  I went home every year over the summer.  I know Mayo spent a good amount of last summer playing with his brother and other NBA guys, it's far more beneficial for him to do that than rot in MKE while the other guys are in workouts.  Besides, players have gone home over the summer in the past.  I'd take this as a good sign more than anything.  It likely means he cleared up any academic issues.  That's the most likely scenario, but again, A TOTAL GUESS.

RideMyBuycks

• All American
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2012, 11:52:41 AM »
No! Apple is better than Microsoft!!

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2012, 11:57:11 AM »
Awesome news if this means Mayo is for sure playing next year. He is a huge part of this team due to his ability to score (especially when hitting 3s). I have no sources but if I had to guess, his suspension started after the spring semester and not a few days ago. I'm guessing that may have been when it leaked. It wouldn't shock me if this meant his suspension is lifted.

Either way, I'm very happy this thread took a total 180 when Mark Miller posted.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2012, 12:00:48 PM »
Could just rename this board the "Endless MU incorrect rumor-mongoring, tinfoil hat speculation of doom and Chicos bashing board".

Another reason this site and the discussion on this site is worthless now.  Much better sites... Scout, BrewCityBall... out there now

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2012, 12:21:17 PM »
I say Buzz blocks his transfer to WVU

Goose

• All American
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2012, 12:21:44 PM »
Big time post madtown..thanks for adding depth to the conversation again!!!

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2012, 12:40:36 PM »

Thanks, oh great self-appointed Scoop ombudsman--because your posts in this thread have been chock full of
FAULKNER-ESQUE prose. 

MarquetteNation

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2012, 12:42:49 PM »
Awesome news if this means Mayo is for sure playing next year. He is a huge part of this team due to his ability to score (especially when hitting 3s). I have no sources but if I had to guess, his suspension started after the spring semester and not a few days ago. I'm guessing that may have been when it leaked. It wouldn't shock me if this meant his suspension is lifted.

Either way, I'm very happy this thread took a total 180 when Mark Miller posted.

Awesome news that a player I had no reason to believe he was leaving yesterday is still here.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »

My guess is they wanted to make sure he got his grades in order during the first session, in case the second session was needed.  So, unlike the rest of the team, he put off going home to spend time with family until first session was done.

Again, just a guess. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2012, 12:52:59 PM »

Where do you get that his suspension has been lifted?...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2012, 12:54:36 PM »
Where do you get that his suspension has been lifted?...

I think that assumption was made when Mark Miller said he was "eligible."

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2012, 01:00:15 PM »
Clearly all those speculating about some bad press this summer were wrong...nothing to see here.

This is the most disappointing part of another disheartening thread. We are reduced to having a true fan of the program (Brew) seemingly just waiting for bad news to confirm that many here were right about Hiroshima (or, as some refer to it now, "bad press") so that he/they can lord it over other true fans of the program.

I get that it's part of the charm of the site, but whatever happens (or doesn't happen) with Todd, let's at least give it a day before the "I told you so's" come out.  

Goose

• All American
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2012, 01:00:21 PM »
lab_warrior=madtownwarrior

Goose

• All American
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2012, 01:03:19 PM »
If anyone says I told you so they are an idiot. Why would anyone be happy with losing a player, especially a talented player?

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2012, 01:07:41 PM »
I think that assumption was made when Mark Miller said he was "eligible."

Which is why I mentioned in the first place that it's not necessarily about Mayo qualifying or not qualifying. Passing grades don't make you a good student or, in this case, a good enough student to participate with the basketball team.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:11:15 PM by strotty »

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2012, 01:12:15 PM »
Well, is he suspended then? 
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2012, 01:16:23 PM »
Which is why I mentioned in the first place that it's not necessarily about Mayo qualifying or not qualifying. Passing grades don't make you a good student or, in this case, a good enough student to participate with the basketball team.

What's a "good enough" student?   Work ethic or just making grades, both?

In terms of grades, he meets the governing body's (NCAA) requirements it seems.

We knew Mayo was going to need help, I wasn't expecting him to magically become a good student over night...it takes time but I don't think we should be giving up on the kid especially when he's putting in the work as it seems.   

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2012, 01:24:53 PM »
I guess you're right Goose, I really don't need to post how craptacular this board is the past 6 months, it's pretty obvious.

Thanks for linking me to Lab - while I am not him I appreciate his bashing of you too. 

Please start up your SLUifications before it goes too boring here

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2012, 01:27:22 PM »
I would also like to thank  schubert for sharing his knowledge.   It appears he was half right and got the ball rolling on more official info coming out (MM taking to the internet circuit, etc.). 

Relatively non censored content is what makes this site great, imo.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2012, 01:29:39 PM »
I wonder what people enjoy more:

Being OUTRAGED!

or PREPARING to be OUTRAGED!

Been a lot of preparing this summer.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2012, 01:34:59 PM »
Is this the part where we start attacking each other yet?

feedback