[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by El Guerrero 2
[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nunn Visiting  (Read 66533 times)

Groin_pull

• All American
Re: Nunn Visiting
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2012, 04:03:41 PM »
Back to Nunn's visit. Is it odd that Buzz mentioned on Homer's show that a "really good player" was visiting the campus? I don't recall him ever doing that before. He must be feeling pretty confident.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2012, 04:04:11 PM »
Hey... anyone can "leave" for the NBA anytime.  Doesn't matter how good you are, just as long as you're way better than Kyrie Irving.

With that tidbit, let me also express my opinion that the only way Vander, Todd or anyone leaves MU early is if they actually have a chance in being a first-rounder.  And if they do, 2012-13 is going to be one hell of a year.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2012, 04:22:37 PM »
Hey... anyone can "leave" for the NBA anytime.  Doesn't matter how good you are, just as long as you're way better than Kyrie Irving.

With that tidbit, let me also express my opinion that the only way Vander, Todd or anyone leaves MU early is if they actually have a chance in being a first-rounder.  And if they do, 2012-13 is going to be one hell of a year.

I second that, both Mayo and Vander, have along way to making the league.  Even JWil.  That is why 2013 should be a banner year!

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »
A marked improvement in his outside shot and finishing ability (he already gets to the rim at will) would mean first round IMO.

To say that Blue needs a "marked improvement" to his outside shot is a colossal understatement.  By about the same ratio Rosanne Barr needs marked improvement physically to be as attractive as Kate Upton.  Not saying it is impossible, but I wouldn't put any money on it.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2012, 04:47:17 PM »
To say that Blue needs a "marked improvement" to his outside shot is a colossal understatement.  By about the same ratio Rosanne Barr needs marked improvement physically to be as attractive as Kate Upton.  Not saying it is impossible, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Has JayBee weighed in on Kate Upton yet?  I'm not sure you can use her as a standard of attractiveness until he does.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2012, 04:50:21 PM »

Well, he went from being someone we needed to sub out when other teams had to foul to being our best clutch free throw shooter so I don't think it's as unlikely as that.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2012, 04:58:29 PM »
Well, he went from being someone we needed to sub out when other teams had to foul to being our best clutch free throw shooter so I don't think it's as unlikely as that.
I'm just saying that as of March 2012 he did not have a reliable open jump shot from even 5 feet, meaning that if in the course of half court offense if he took an open shot from 5 feet away he was much more likely to miss it than make it.  He has a very, very long way to go.  I agree with you that his foul shooting improved last season.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2012, 05:10:08 PM »
I'm just saying that as of March 2012 he did not have a reliable open jump shot from even 5 feet, meaning that if in the course of half court offense if he took an open shot from 5 feet away he was much more likely to miss it than make it.  He has a very, very long way to go.  I agree with you that his foul shooting improved last season.

I agree he has a long way to go, but players who are destined to always be bad shooters (see Dominic James) are usually horrible free throw shooters. That Blue improved dramatically there gives me hope.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2012, 05:13:15 PM »
Back to Nunn's visit. Is it odd that Buzz mentioned on Homer's show that a "really good player" was visiting the campus? I don't recall him ever doing that before. He must be feeling pretty confident.

Buzz's remarks struck me the same way. My fingers are crossed that the 2013 class will be MU's best in a long, long time.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2012, 08:16:23 PM »
Upton must be walkin' on her heels or she'd likely face plant with every step and BeeJay would kick her to the curb with Carrie.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2012, 08:49:52 PM »
I believe that they are planning as if this upcoming year will be Vander's last year. He is high interest in NBA and will likely go that route following this year based on what I have heard.

Nubanese Basketball Association?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2012, 09:05:46 PM »
I doubt Buzz is feeling all that confident

http://recruitingspotlight.wordpress.com/2012/06/11/nunn-hoping-uk-gets-involved-wants-to-visit-ucla/

Buzz's remarks struck me the same way. My fingers are crossed that the 2013 class will be MU's best in a long, long time.

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2012, 09:18:53 PM »
a high-major school and they’re what I’m looking for. I want an up-tempo style, a school where I can come in and play and a school that will help me develop.”

If you take this quote and put marquette as the opening word it still makes sense.  All Im saying is that there's s a chance

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2012, 09:24:36 PM »
Thats the way it goes,must be nice to just sit back and choose your team.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2012, 09:39:25 PM »
PLEASE, PLEASE KENDRICK NUNN WEAR THE MARQUETTE COLORS.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2012, 11:53:01 PM »
a high-major school and they’re what I’m looking for. I want an up-tempo style, a school where I can come in and play and a school that will help me develop.”

If you take this quote and put marquette as the opening word it still makes sense.  All Im saying is that there's s a chance

agreed, and as for a scholarship being available, when the #22 player in the country according to Rivals wants to visit, you know there will be a spot one way or the other.  Rivals technically has him as a 4-star because it's early, but if they keep him at #22 then he will be a Rivals 5-start - the second we've ever gotten (Vander Blue).

THey didn't have 5-stars yet when Doc came, did they?
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2012, 12:40:40 AM »
Why, whenever we have a player who's just pretty good or shown some promise, do we immediately jump to "he'll probably leave early for the NBA"?

No Marquette player since Dwyane F'ing Wade has left early (and who before him?)! So pardon my doubt, but it is comical to start assuming any player on this roster is leaving early.

Doc Rivera dickhead.  Read a book

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2012, 07:23:58 AM »
Doc Rivera dickhead.  Read a book

If you are going to insult the guy for forgetting someone, it is probably best not to misspell "Rivers" in the process.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2012, 07:35:16 AM »
PLEASE, PLEASE KENDRICK NUNN WEAR THE MARQUETTE COLORS.
I doubt Buzz is feeling all that confident

http://recruitingspotlight.wordpress.com/2012/06/11/nunn-hoping-uk-gets-involved-wants-to-visit-ucla/

And honestly, given this, I wouldn't doubt that Buzz looks at other options and cuts bait at this point.  However Buzz met the guy yesterday and probably has a better idea of where we stand than this article indicates.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2012, 07:42:24 AM »

If you are going to insult the guy for forgetting someone, it is probably best not to misspell "Rivers" in the process.

You may wish to proofread for punctuation gaffes, as well.  Commas help to clarify one's meaning.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2012, 07:58:38 AM »
You may wish to proofread for punctuation gaffes, as well.  Commas help to clarify one's meaning.

My use of the comma was proper but not mandatory.  It was setting off an introductory element from the rest of the sentence. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:04:43 AM by The Sultan of South Wayne »

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2012, 08:00:46 AM »
i like where, this conversation, is going.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2012, 08:32:50 AM »

If you take this quote and put marquette as the opening word it still makes sense.  All Im saying is that there's s a chance

I do not think we are a high major school in Nunn's mind. Only people here think we are high major. The difference between us and Kentucky comes down to the fact that Nunn would be a great get for us and chump change for Kentucky.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 09:48:55 AM by bilsu »

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2012, 08:38:32 AM »
I do not think we are a high major school in Nunn's mind. Only peole here think we are high major. The difference between us and Kentucky comes down to the fact that Nunn would be a great get for us and chump change for Kentucky.

Exactly, though some may argue we are high major and Kentucky is elite.  The other difference between us and Kentucky is the amount of "scholarship" money available.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2012, 09:12:19 AM »
Exactly, though some may argue we are high major and Kentucky is elite.  The other difference between us and Kentucky is the amount of "scholarship" money available.

This exactly.

feedback