Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU in the mix with two talented PFs for the 2008 class  (Read 2269 times)

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
MU in the mix with two talented PFs for the 2008 class
« on: June 20, 2007, 06:45:50 AM »
well, with concerns over Mbakwe's eligibility and Saunders' slight frame (he's a 3 in a 4's body) its good to see TC gaining early traction with both Quintrell Thomas and Josh Crittle.  These guys are 6-8 PFs - - higher ceiling players than the guys in MU's 2007 class. 

Anyway, updates at http://www.crackedsidewalks.com.

augoman

• All American
Re: MU in the mix with two talented PFs for the 2008 class
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 03:02:40 PM »
WOW!  I'm pumped!

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 03:46:47 PM »
Sounds like we have a better than decent chance at landing Crittle.  Would we have scholarship room in that class to bring in him, Williams, Shumpert, and someone like Jamychal Green?  And if so, is that just insanely optimistic?

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 03:53:32 PM »
We'll have a better understanding of the 2008 scholarship situation once we find out what's happening for this year.  Most likely we'll have 3 open scholarships, one of which is already going to Nick Williams.  It would be a banner year for recruiting if we could add Thomas and Shumpert.  Green is supposed to be much more of a long shot at this point.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 09:44:24 AM »
Green is probably a pipe dream at best.  Crittle sounds like the mostly like commit and maybe sooner rather than later.  I am personally hoping we land Shumpert as by all indications he is the REAL DEAL.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 09:48:12 AM »
Green is probably a pipe dream at best.  Crittle sounds like the mostly like commit and maybe sooner rather than later.  I am personally hoping we land Shumpert as by all indications he is the REAL DEAL.

agreed.  Gimme a class of Crittle, Shumpert and Williams.......and I'll guess that MU has one more to offer via transfer or DJ's departure, to lets throw in either Sutton or Fabrizius (if we cant get the 7 footer, might as well get a dead-eye shooter - - gonna need that to keep defenses honest if we dont have a true big).

What I'd hate to see is MU strike out on Theodore, Shumpert and Clarke -- then take a 2G/wing player just to overfill the backcourt.

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 10:41:19 AM »

agreed.  Gimme a class of Crittle, Shumpert and Williams.......and I'll guess that MU has one more to offer via transfer or DJ's departure, to lets throw in either Sutton or Fabrizius (if we cant get the 7 footer, might as well get a dead-eye shooter - - gonna need that to keep defenses honest if we dont have a true big).

What I'd hate to see is MU strike out on Theodore, Shumpert and Clarke -- then take a 2G/wing player just to overfill the backcourt.

The first part would be our best class. Fabrizius is a player that seems antithetical to what Crean is building but, ironically, is just the tonic he will need if he continues to bring in players who struggle shooting.

Theodore seems to be pulling more towards home a la Rosario and Clarke's ship sailed 6 weeks ago. Shumpert is being wined and dined everywhere he goes and supposedly Illinois has put on a good enough of a show to have him think about staying home. He and Crean are pretty tight though so let's hope that carries weight.

2008 will be an interesting class.

feedback