[Today at 08:14:56 AM]

2024-25 Roster by tower912
[Today at 07:04:54 AM]

NM by rocket surgeon
[Today at 05:46:50 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[June 11, 2024, 04:22:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [GoMarquette.com] Brad Autry Promoted To Men's Basketball Assistant Coach  (Read 6386 times)

GoMarquetteSays

Brad Autry Promoted To Men's Basketball Assistant Coach

Brad Autry, who joined the Marquette University men's basketball staff in 2008, has been promoted to the position of assistant coach for the upcoming 2012-13 campaign.

http://onlyfans.cstv.com/schools/marq/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/052912aaa.html

GGGG

• All American
Not a surprise.

madtownwarrior

• All American
waiting for the tin foils to say "this is not a good sign"...

Not a surprise.

GGGG

• All American

You've pretty much become a one-trick pony by this point...

MUfan12

• All American

Give it a unnatural carnal knowledgeing rest.

Bocephys

• All American

You've pretty much become a one-trick pony by this point...

That implies he actually contributed more at on point.

Blackhat

• All American
Excited for Brad!    He's worked under some good coaches.   Seems like most of his coaching has been in the south, so I'd assume that's where most of his contacts will be.   It will be interesting to see if he can make some connections up north.

madtownwarrior

• All American
come on - this has to be a bad sign that Buzz could not hire a better assistant...

and just as tiring as the use of tin foil is - the same can be said for the folks who constantly say "there may be a good reason for (insert MU news like Aki is leaving), but I see this as "not good" or a "bad sign" to confirm the previous paranoia of Pilarz and Williams out to ruin MU basketball...

Lennys Tap

• All American
Waiting for madtown to make another senseless remark about tin foil hats...sorry...already done.

TomEnlundSays

[Enlund's Blog] Autry named assistant coach
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 12:45:04 PM »
Autry named assistant coach

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/155405235.html

ATWizJr

• All American
Waiting for madtown to make another senseless remark about tin foil hats...sorry...already done.
  Can Dimes be far behind?

GGGG

• All American
and just as tiring as the use of tin foil is - the same can be said for the folks who constantly say "there may be a good reason for (insert MU news like Aki is leaving), but I see this as "not good" or a "bad sign" to confirm the previous paranoia of Pilarz and Williams out to ruin MU basketball...

So because someone does something annoying means that you have to do so...pre-emptively???

That excuse generally doesn't work with my kids either.

GGGG

• All American
BTW, IWB said on his site regarding the other assistant coach position that "Buzz has been trying to land one of his top targets, no word on when we can expect a decision/hire, but I believe it will be very soon."

madtownwarrior

• All American
so people are happy with this promotion?  or will only weigh in after seeing the next assistant named?

GGGG

• All American
so people are happy with this promotion?  or will only weigh in after seeing the next assistant named?

I have no reason to be unhappy about it.  Buzz and Autry go way back and he has been an assistant elsewhere before. 

Nukem2

• All American

I have no reason to be unhappy about it.  Buzz and Autry go way back and he has been an assistant elsewhere before. 
Yes, Brad is solid in terms of basketball knowledge and working wellwith the guys.  I've been impressed when listening to Brad speak.  Only question would be relative to recruiting as he can now go on the road as a full assistant.  Buzz obviously is comfortable with Brad, who has been recruiting since Benford left.  Now need a really solid recruiter to round out the staff.  Lundy's old job to be filled by a former head coach ( or, in-house with say Jamie McNielly )...?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Solid move. Autry knows the system and will already know what Buzz expects. He has connections in Texas and the Southwest areas that Benford recruited. No problems at all with this appointment, will be interested to see if Buzz fills Autry and Lundy's positions with people currently at Marquette (the student assistant types) or if he's able to fill them with outside candidates. Both Autry and Lundy had positions at other programs before joining Buzz, hopefully he can replace them with similarly qualified candidates.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MUfan12

• All American
Now need a really solid recruiter to round out the staff.  Lundy's old job to be filled by a former head coach ( or, in-house with say Jamie McNielly )...?

I think Jamie was working under Autry, so it wouldn't surprise me if he gets a bump up to Brad's old title.

Bocephys

• All American
I think Jamie was working under Autry, so it wouldn't surprise me if he gets a bump up to Brad's old title.

I assume both grad assistants graduated in the spring?  Do they just stay on indefinitely until they find a job?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Yes, Brad is solid in terms of basketball knowledge and working wellwith the guys.  I've been impressed when listening to Brad speak.  Only question would be relative to recruiting as he can now go on the road as a full assistant.  Buzz obviously is comfortable with Brad, who has been recruiting since Benford left.  Now need a really solid recruiter to round out the staff.  Lundy's old job to be filled by a former head coach ( or, in-house with say Jamie McNielly )...?

Bringing up this old video of Brad.  I think this is a solid hire.  Knows Buzz backwards and forwards.  Knows the players and their needs from his current role.  Knows Marquette and Milwaukee.  Knows what it takes in recruiting being around Self, Billy Clyde and Buzz.  Jamie is ready to step up into Brad's role or perhaps Lundy's to keep the staff stable while opening new recruiting networks to build on Buzz's established cache.  Other than D Wilson and Mayo (who were Preps from elsewhere), the NE has been a bit unsuccessful for Buzz, which is the BE hotbed.  Need to fill that East Coast gap.

Benford had the Midwest and SW high school covered.  Buzz is in deep in the Midwest now being established.  Monarch and Brad can cover SW.  Who has the West Coast now with TB gone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VKysACVF80
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:49:30 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

Lennys Tap

• All American
BTW, IWB said on his site regarding the other assistant coach position that "Buzz has been trying to land one of his top targets, no word on when we can expect a decision/hire, but I believe it will be very soon."

IWB? The same IWB who started all this tin foil hat mess?

MUMac

• All American
I like this hire and had anticipated it.  Good for Brad, good for MU.  I really am looking forward to seeing who Buzz get's for the top spot.  I am guessing it will be an African American and solid recruiter. 

UticaBusBarn

• Team Captain
come on - this has to be a bad sign that Buzz could not hire a better assistant...

This Warrior fan decided to ask a well know sooth-sayer to look into her crystal ball. When she did, she became ashen. Unable to speak at first, finally she blurted out that Madtownwarrior has a curse on him, and will have a very sad and unlucky future. Seems it might involve a curse beginning with his feet and moving upwards.

No doubt Madtownwarrior is pure of heart and will be able to resist with great aplomb and class and the bad and ugly things that the future will bring down on him.

Good luck!

PaintTouches

• All American

IWB? The same IWB who started all this tin foil hat mess?

Imagine that, a reporter getting scoops all of a sudden after being dormant for 3 years. I'm sure it had nothing to do with his role in smu-larry-pilarz-hiroshima-gate. 

Blackhat

• All American
keeping the masses informed.