collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Scoop fishing thread  (Read 158825 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Scoop fishing thread
« Reply #300 on: December 05, 2015, 10:40:09 AM »
Going shopping this weekend.

http://www.gsevents.com/shows/display.cfm?showID=56&showtypeid=3&src=345&sfid=73

I'll be there with the wife running a booth!  Come say hi!  Zero 40 outdoors... we'll have a ice shack on a trailer.  My name is Bryan and I have long hair and a grizzly beard.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #301 on: December 05, 2015, 11:19:35 AM »
I'll be down tomorrow morning.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #302 on: December 06, 2015, 04:38:32 PM »
I'll be there with the wife running a booth!  Come say hi!  Zero 40 outdoors... we'll have a ice shack on a trailer.  My name is Bryan and I have long hair and a grizzly beard.

Stopped by your booth today at 3. You've got a great product.  Very nice option compared to Ice Castle.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #303 on: December 06, 2015, 08:18:42 PM »
Stopped by your booth today at 3. You've got a great product.  Very nice option compared to Ice Castle.

Thanks.  I was long gone by then.

We are looking at doing some drop down wheels since they seem to be a big seller now.  For what exact reason I do not understand.  Also, we are replacing the rivets with some 3M tape that is stronger than them, and will make them more sleek.  We were approached by Yeti about building their panels.  These shows aren't about making sales for us.  Its about making contacts, getting our product out there, learning from what others are doing, and then doing it better and cheaper.

Any suggestions you have would be warmly accepted.

BTW, we had to change our name from Fat Otter because Otter sent us a C&D... Understandable.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #304 on: December 06, 2015, 08:20:54 PM »
I just hope there is ice to fish on this winter. 
Ludum habemus.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #305 on: December 06, 2015, 08:28:54 PM »
Went to a holiday party last night.  One guy showed me pics of walleyes caught on tips with 2 inches of ice.  Just nuts.  Nice Wallys.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #306 on: December 06, 2015, 09:27:29 PM »
Went to a holiday party last night.  One guy showed me pics of walleyes caught on tips with 2 inches of ice.  Just nuts.  Nice Wallys.

Yikes.  No fish is worth a life.  2 inches... may as well keep the prop on and just be safe.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #307 on: December 06, 2015, 10:42:02 PM »
Yikes.  No fish is worth a life.  2 inches... may as well keep the prop on and just be safe.

They were ice skating on a lake near me in Boulder Junction last week.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=TIK9kiHf_kI

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #308 on: December 06, 2015, 10:50:07 PM »
I just hope there is ice to fish on this winter.

Back in September some friends and I booked a cabin in Hayward for 2 weeks from now to ice fish, looks like we are gonna need a lot more beer this year.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #309 on: December 07, 2015, 09:31:25 AM »

Thanks.  I was long gone by then.

Mods - can you start a separate board for "Missed Connections"???  Probably put it between the Superbar and Politics board (if we're going in order of importance/popularity).
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #310 on: December 08, 2015, 08:27:13 AM »

Mods - can you start a separate board for "Missed Connections"???  Probably put it between the Superbar and Politics board (if we're going in order of importance/popularity).

I only forgot to mention that I'd be wearing a white rose on my lapel so I will be easy to find.

Rats.  :(

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #311 on: December 08, 2015, 09:38:02 AM »
So that was you.....

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #312 on: December 20, 2015, 11:23:59 AM »
http://www.gillespiefishing.com

Gillespie catches some damn big walleyes near Port Clinton. Pretty routine there to get 5 pounders.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #313 on: January 16, 2016, 06:50:48 AM »
We're making ice finally. Predicting 60-70 hours straight below zero. 

Anyone had their tipups out yet?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #314 on: February 21, 2016, 07:48:27 AM »
Thinking about getting into rod making.  Anyone have any experience/advice on the hobby and how to get started?

Seen a few commercials on Mudhole.com.  Any experience with them?

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #315 on: February 21, 2016, 12:36:12 PM »
Forgot to report on last week's ice fishing trip to St Germain. Fishing was kind of slow, although we managed to put northern, crappie, bluegill and walleyes on the ice. Attended the annual Radar Run. Hundreds, maybe thousands of snowmobiles. Saw a guy do 164mph on a sled on a 660 foot track. Highlight was the Bikini Run, 25 ladies in bikinis racing across the ice for charity. Going 107mph in 7 degree weather in a bikini to raise money for the Pink Ribbon Riders. Awesome.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #316 on: February 21, 2016, 12:55:09 PM »
Forgot to report on last week's ice fishing trip to St Germain. Fishing was kind of slow, although we managed to put northern, crappie, bluegill and walleyes on the ice. Attended the annual Radar Run. Hundreds, maybe thousands of snowmobiles. Saw a guy do 164mph on a sled on a 660 foot track. Highlight was the Bikini Run, 25 ladies in bikinis racing across the ice for charity. Going 107mph in 7 degree weather in a bikini to raise money for the Pink Ribbon Riders. Awesome.

Your photography skills are to be commended.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #317 on: February 21, 2016, 01:02:30 PM »
Because it is for charity, I would like to see more photos .. .Please

🏀

• All American
« Reply #318 on: February 21, 2016, 02:36:59 PM »
The pictures won't do anything for you.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #319 on: February 21, 2016, 08:14:06 PM »
Because it is for charity, I would like to see more photos .. .Please

Well, since you asked nicely, here you go.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #320 on: February 21, 2016, 08:22:11 PM »
All is well.  All is well.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #321 on: February 22, 2016, 04:10:01 AM »

Ha, the girl in the pink bottoms and black top is a very good friend of mine. Used to go to MU, she's a tall drink of water, like 6'4".

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #322 on: February 22, 2016, 10:46:38 AM »
Thinking about getting into rod making.  Anyone have any experience/advice on the hobby and how to get started?

Seen a few commercials on Mudhole.com.  Any experience with them?

FWIW - I got a buddy who decided to try making his own fly rods, and one year later he sold all the rod-making stuff.  Although, he's a hard core fly fisher, and the novelty of using something he built meant nothing to him... he wanted to build something better than what he could buy off the shelf, and I think he figured out that he was going to need much more than a standard rod making kit in order to engineer something that met his strict requirements.

I would imagine if you're simply building a casting or spinning rod - or you can simply appreciate a hard day's work no matter the result - your experience will vary greatly.  I've never tried it myself, but it sounds like something I might try some day when I stop winning rod/reel combos at shows and events.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #323 on: February 22, 2016, 11:01:18 AM »
FWIW - I got a buddy who decided to try making his own fly rods, and one year later he sold all the rod-making stuff.  Although, he's a hard core fly fisher, and the novelty of using something he built meant nothing to him... he wanted to build something better than what he could buy off the shelf, and I think he figured out that he was going to need much more than a standard rod making kit in order to engineer something that met his strict requirements.

I would imagine if you're simply building a casting or spinning rod - or you can simply appreciate a hard day's work no matter the result - your experience will vary greatly.  I've never tried it myself, but it sounds like something I might try some day when I stop winning rod/reel combos at shows and events.

I did a wee bit of research on it over the weekend.  My premise was that you could build rods cheaper than buying them.  St. Croix rod blanks were north of $200.  Thinking twice about it now.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #324 on: February 29, 2016, 10:47:12 AM »
Thanks. Enjoyed my time on the ice while at MU