Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wade tonight  (Read 15643 times)

MarquetteDano

• All American
Re: Wade tonight
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 10:24:56 AM »
Somewhat on topic, the least liked players in the NBA, according to a Nielsen Poll.  Miami's big three all on the list despite never even winning a championship....

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddf45fhee/the-nbas-most-disliked-players/#gallerycontent

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 10:33:12 AM »
If Wade is disliked in Chicago or anywhere else (and anywhere else is certainly the case as the poll posted shows) it's because of the way those guys have acted.   All you have to look at is the video image of the three of them standing on that stage like pro-wrestlers.   Not that there haven't been a laundry list of other things that may or may not have been perceived the same way coming from other players, but after that image, you were done.

classof70

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 11:55:52 AM »
Somewhat on topic, the least liked players in the NBA, according to a Nielsen Poll.  Miami's big three all on the list despite never even winning a championship....

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddf45fhee/the-nbas-most-disliked-players/#gallerycontent

Seems most fans like Wade. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »

Crean told Wade, as always, to be honest with himself, and that "you know how to get back from it."[/i]

"Dwyane, you're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it, people like you."

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2012, 04:02:58 PM »
Seems most fans like Wade. 

No teal so I cannot tell if you are being facetious.  Or you are arguing your anecdotal evidence is better than a Nielsen poll?

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2012, 11:50:08 AM »
I haven't lived in Chicago my whole life but lived here long enough to see some of this stuff.  I'm a Bears fan but not a Bulls fan.  The Bulls fans are the same people that put up with Jordan's douchiness and if he were on the Lakers or Celtics, gambling and pimping his way through life they would not be fans.  Their greatest hypocrisy comes with Rodman.  If there was a bigger bag of dicks player than Rodman at the time I would like to know who it was.  Yet Bulls fans had no problems with him while he was on the team.  We (Chicago) tolerated jackassery with Rodman here for years.  Wade is the Dali Lama compared to Rodman but because he was our arsehole we tolerated it.  Now that Wade chose not to come to the Bulls there is a different criteria. 

People here are still bitter he didn’t come back to Chicago. He’s not a Bull, let it go.   I’d qualify Wade as a solid representative of MU of what we know of him.  A number of these guys do things in the background that may come back to bite that statement, but from what we know he is a good guy. I thought his fight for his children, his desire to win, his competitiveness, his giving back to Marquette over the years has been noble.

As others have mentioned, the whole anti-Heat \ anti-Lebron thing working as well.  The Heat are a great team when healthy.  If they aren't healthy, they do not have the depth and that's what you are seeing now.

Every fan base does that.  If you went to Cincinnati you'd be a travis deiner fan?  That guy was a dick.  I have no idea what you expect fans to do. 

"People here are still bitter he didn’t come back to Chicago. He’s not a Bull, let it go. " - if he would have remained with the heat but lebron would have gone to new york most of the haters would have hated him less or not at all.  He's a rival, picking miami is one thing of many that people bitch about.  You never dislike 'solid representative's of other schools that end up on opposing professional teams?  let it go.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 09:30:40 PM »
You still don't live in Chicago.

That was big of Bulls fans to put up with Jordan's "douchiness."

So you're saying if Jordan had not played for the Bulls and led them to 6 titles, Bulls' fans wouldn't like him as much?

You are right, in the suburbs. 

I'm saying that Bulls fans are hypocrites as are fans off all teams, but Bulls fans in particular are incredible hypocrites.  Dennis Rodman and the love affair says it all.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2012, 09:48:15 PM »
Rough game tonight for the aging D Wade.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2012, 10:00:47 PM »
Rough game tonight for the aging D Wade.

He is a dirty player and douche. 

Samuel P. Smith
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2012, 10:08:44 PM »
Really sucks not being able to cheer for him and the Heat anymore. I hope he goes for 40 every night as long as LeBron loses.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2012, 10:21:37 PM »
Really sucks not being able to cheer for him and the Heat anymore. I hope he goes for 40 every night as long as LeBron loses.

I hope LeBron wins.  Players switch teams all the time, he chose to do it in a way he shouldn't have.  I'd like to see him win so Wade has another title and a bunch of haters become even more hateful.  The city of Cleveland, I do feel bad for them but LeBron knew the score.  He gave them many great years and could have left earlier but didn't.  He knew no one wanted to go to Cleveland to play and you can't win with one player alone. 

If LeBron had done the decision and chose Chicago, the tune here would be 180 degrees different by half this board. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2012, 08:06:32 AM »
It really wasn't *that* he left, but *how* he left.  If he would have simply signed with Miami, and notified the Cavs of his decision, that would have been fine.  But playing it out how he did on national television was poor.  And granted, the idiot Cavs owner didn't help things....

But yeah, I agree with you Hoops.  I think the hatred of Lebron is way over the top.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2012, 09:19:20 AM »
I hope LeBron wins.  Players switch teams all the time, he chose to do it in a way he shouldn't have.  I'd like to see him win so Wade has another title and a bunch of haters become even more hateful.  The city of Cleveland, I do feel bad for them but LeBron knew the score.  He gave them many great years and could have left earlier but didn't.  He knew no one wanted to go to Cleveland to play and you can't win with one player alone. 

If LeBron had done the decision and chose Chicago, the tune here would be 180 degrees different by half this board. 

Wholeheartedly agree, except for the part that no one wanted to play in Cleveland.  The problem was the GM kept looking for the quick fix and was over paying players like Mo Williams, who he hoped could get the team in the finals.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2012, 09:58:05 AM »
You are right, in the suburbs. 

I'm saying that Bulls fans are hypocrites as are fans off all teams, but Bulls fans in particular are incredible hypocrites.  Dennis Rodman and the love affair says it all.

Give a shed of evidence that they are particular in any way.  Name a player who was integral to 3 championships who was disliked by a fan base due to his personality.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2012, 10:57:17 AM »

That's true, but it would still be the same by the rest of the country.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2012, 11:01:48 AM »

And if he had signed with the Bucks, a lot of people on here would love him. And if he had signed with the Knicks, then Knicks fans would love him and if he signed with (insert team), then (insert team) fans would have loved him. What's your point?

I couldn't stand Jim Edmonds when he played for the Cardinals, but when he signed with the Cubs, I cheered him on and hoped he did well even though I still thought he was an obnoxious guy. That's how being a fan works. We cheer for the guys on our teams.

wiscwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2012, 11:10:41 AM »
It really wasn't *that* he left, but *how* he left.  If he would have simply signed with Miami, and notified the Cavs of his decision, that would have been fine.  But playing it out how he did on national television was poor.  And granted, the idiot Cavs owner didn't help things....

But yeah, I agree with you Hoops.  I think the hatred of Lebron is way over the top.

+1 I think his heads on pretty straight for an NBA superstar

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2012, 04:35:59 PM »
+1 I think his heads on pretty straight for an NBA superstar

Certainly when compared with, say, a Dennis Rodman.   ;D
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2012, 10:20:46 PM »
And if he had signed with the Bucks, a lot of people on here would love him. And if he had signed with the Knicks, then Knicks fans would love him and if he signed with (insert team), then (insert team) fans would have loved him. What's your point?

I couldn't stand Jim Edmonds when he played for the Cardinals, but when he signed with the Cubs, I cheered him on and hoped he did well even though I still thought he was an obnoxious guy. That's how being a fan works. We cheer for the guys on our teams.

Some of us also cheer for guys that played for our college and acknowledge what the player did for our pro teams.  Others hate on players (college coaches unless they are named Majerus or O'Neill) whenever they leave.  Life is too short to hate.  I respect the Cards fans that are ok with Pujols leaving.  It's disappointing to them, but he brought them World Series titles, MVPs and great joy.  Crean brought us a Final Four.  Urlacher might be leaving the Bears.  You thank them and move on. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2012, 06:27:30 AM »

Now cheering Jim Edmonds is unacceptable, stache.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2012, 10:38:31 PM »
Every "fan base" is uniquely stupid in its own way.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2012, 10:39:53 PM »
Every "fan base" is uniquely stupid in its own way.

Except ours!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2012, 08:34:49 AM »
Some of us also cheer for guys that played for our college and acknowledge what the player did for our pro teams.

Which has what to do with LeBron? He didn't play for my college team and never did anything for my pro team. Showing up at one Marquette game doesn't make me a fan.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2012, 12:42:28 PM »
Which has what to do with LeBron? He didn't play for my college team and never did anything for my pro team. Showing up at one Marquette game doesn't make me a fan.

Has nothing to do with Lebron, this thread is about Dwyane Wade.  I hope Wade does well, and Novak, and Doc Rivers, and Wesley, etc.

Wade did play for my college team.  He isn't a dirty player, Smith and those calling him a dirty player strike me as viewing through a Bulls lens and forgetting their own history.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2012, 06:24:08 PM »

When Jim Edmonds signed with the Cubs it made me want to puke. Couldn't stand him in Anaheim, couldn't stand him in St Louis and I could NOT stand him with the Cubs. He may even be a bigger poser than Crean and that's saying something!