[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Yes, Chicago’s ABC Affiliate Identified Metta World Peace As "Lakers Idiot"  (Read 2508 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
The link as a 17 second video that is worth a look

----

Yes, Chicago’s ABC Affiliate Identified Metta World Peace As "Lakers Idiot"

http://deadspin.com/5911108/yes-chicagos-abc-affiliate-identified-metta-world-peace-as-lakers-idiot

Last night the internets buzzed about the veracity of a photo showing the lower third graphic from a TV newscast identifying Lakers ne'er-do-well Metta World Peace as "Lakers Idiot." Our pals over at Busted Coverage asked this morning if it was real, and as the video above will show you, it is indeed legit.

Commenter Disco Choo is responsible for unleashing this brilliance upon the world, and pointed us in the right direction; it's from Chicago ABC affiliate WLS's 5 p.m. newscast on May 14th. Case closed!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Mark Giangreco is the sports anchor doing the voice over on the story.  He is also the sports director for WLS-TV in Chicago, so I fully believe that we can credit Mark for this small bit of truth in journalism.  He is a University of Dayton grad, BTW.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

🏀

• All American
Mark Giangreco is the sports anchor doing the voice over on the story.  He is also the sports director for WLS-TV in Chicago, so I fully believe that we can credit Mark for this small bit of truth in journalism.  He is a University of Dayton grad, BTW.

Yeah, he is usually takes the lighter, comedic side of things.

AlumKCof93

• All American
Did anyone have any doubt who he was referring to?
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
He was suspended after the Pistons won the championship.  He showed a clip of an old movie where a riot was burning a city and said, "Yep, typical Detroit. I'm just kidding."

Biggworm

• Scholarship Player
He's also the idiot that said Walter Payton looked like Gandhi, before Walter broke the news about his liver disease. 

Definitely a class act

Pakuni

• All American
He's also the idiot that said Walter Payton looked like Gandhi, before Walter broke the news about his liver disease. 

Definitely a class act

In all fairness, Giangreco and Payton were close, and he had no idea about Waltere's illness. So, when  he said that, he was under the woefully mistaken impression that he was simply ribbing a friend.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
In all fairness, Giangreco and Payton were close, and he had no idea about Waltere's illness. So, when  he said that, he was under the woefully mistaken impression that he was simply ribbing a friend.

Was he close with Gandhi, also?  You know, just ribbing a friend?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:17:02 AM by WI_inferiority_complexes »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
In all fairness, Giangreco and Payton were close, and he had no idea about Waltere's illness. So, when  he said that, he was under the woefully mistaken impression that he was simply ribbing a friend.

Walter had told him that he lost so much weight because he was training for a marathon. Giangreco had no way of knowing how serious it actually was.

feedback