[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wade last night  (Read 9332 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Wade last night
« on: May 16, 2012, 05:10:51 PM »
Just saw the highlights from last night's Pacers/Heat game. I love Wade, but he ABSOLUTELY should have been suspended a game for the shove last night. In no way was that a basketball play. Ridiculous that the league took no action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN-JuUpDAXs
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 05:13:10 PM by jesmu84 »

JD

• All American
Re: Wade last night
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 05:43:08 PM »
The more i watch and hear wade the more respect i lose for him.  Complaining that the pacers were celebrating on their floor like they won the championship is laughable.  Don't forget Mr. Wade the not 4,5,6,7 or 8 championships you, Bron, and Bosh staked out to claim when those two became members of your team, along with your fireworks, hydraulic and smoke filled stage.  Also let's not forget when you beat the Celtics last year and acted like it was a championship game to you too.

Please get away from Lebron, I can tell he's wearing off on you.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 05:44:58 PM »
What's even worse was that he was reacting from a no-call (a justifiable no-call) on the other end.  

He should definitely be suspended.  The league has to let it be known that it won't tolerate things like that.  Just because you're upset because 1. you're losing and 2. calls aren't going your way doesn't make it OK to hurt another player.

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 05:47:26 PM »
The combination of Stern's fear of Miami losing the series and Bosh being out made this a no-brainer not to suspend him. Which is wrong.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 06:00:47 PM »
The more i watch and hear wade the more respect i lose for him.  Complaining that the pacers were celebrating on their floor like they won the championship is laughable.  Don't forget Mr. Wade the not 4,5,6,7 or 8 championships you, Bron, and Bosh staked out to claim when those two became members of your team, along with your fireworks, hydraulic and smoke filled stage.  Also let's not forget when you beat the Celtics last year and acted like it was a championship game to you too.

Please get away from Lebron, I can tell he's wearing off on you.

Couldn't agree more.
When LeBron took his talents to South Beach, a lot of people thought Wade would be a positive influence on him. Sadly, just the opposite has happened. From the pre-celebration of their many unearned championships, to the mocking coughs aimed at Nowitzki during last year's Finals (that turned out well), to complaining about not getting paid for the Olympics to last night's pissing and moaning, Dwyane (unfortunately) gets douchier by the day.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 06:16:47 PM »
In terms of my favorite MU players in the NBA, I'd probably rank Wade around 5th. Great player, but he's just rubbed me the wrong way for the last while.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 06:36:59 PM »
Couldn't agree more.
When LeBron took his talents to South Beach, a lot of people thought Wade would be a positive influence on him. Sadly, just the opposite has happened. From the pre-celebration of their many unearned championships, to the mocking coughs aimed at Nowitzki during last year's Finals (that turned out well), to complaining about not getting paid for the Olympics to last night's pissing and moaning, Dwyane (unfortunately) gets douchier by the day.

I agree with most of this, but he never complained about not getting paid for the Olympics. Just said he thought they should be paid when asked about it by a reporter directly. Ray Allen, one of the nicest and well-respected athletes in any sport, agreed. But the rest is spot-on.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 06:39:18 PM »
I've always been a fan of Dwyane's on several levels. His story is inspirational. Sadly, the sense of entitlement he's demonstrated in recent years has damaged that story.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:41:12 PM by Lennys Tap »

CrazyEcho

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 06:48:06 PM »
Couldn't agree more.

All of these things are stupid, media-created BS.  Yes, he made fun of Dirk and fouled someone hard yesterday.  That's part of being a competitor.  If you want to judge what kind of person he is, look at how he treats his family (raising his sons by himself, building a church for his mom).  It's bizarre to me that D-Wade would get ragged on like this on an MU message board for a bunch of made up things. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 06:53:57 PM »
All of these things are stupid, media-created BS.  Yes, he made fun of Dirk and fouled someone hard yesterday.  That's part of being a competitor.  If you want to judge what kind of person he is, look at how he treats his family (raising his sons by himself, building a church for his mom).  It's bizarre to me that D-Wade would get ragged on like this on an MU message board for a bunch of made up things. 

He fouled someone in a way that belongs on a football field, not a basketball court. i'm strictly commenting on the league's decision not to do anything. it's absurd. his foul could have been an ejection, but was the lesser flagrant. after review, the league should have done something - they've punished players for less.

JD

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 06:58:10 PM »
All of these things are stupid, media-created BS.  Yes, he made fun of Dirk and fouled someone hard yesterday.  That's part of being a competitor.  If you want to judge what kind of person he is, look at how he treats his family (raising his sons by himself, building a church for his mom).  It's bizarre to me that D-Wade would get ragged on like this on an MU message board for a bunch of made up things.  

So for being a father and paying a contractor to build a church necessitates he's a great person?  In retrospect, If i made millions of dollars, I wouldn't have a problem giving some cash to my mother for a church either.

Take the MU googles off. For your two facts, I could come up with 10 arrogant ones that would  counter.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 07:02:05 PM by JDuquaine »
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

CrazyEcho

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 07:01:13 PM »
I'd be interested for you to point to a time when the NBA suspended a player for a game in the play-offs for doing something similar.  I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but the most analogous situation I can think of is when Steve Nash got shoved/checked against the Lakers in the play-offs a few years ago and there wasn't a suspension (but I'm not 100% sure I remember the facts correctly).

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 07:17:31 PM »
I'd be interested for you to point to a time when the NBA suspended a player for a game in the play-offs for doing something similar.  I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but the most analogous situation I can think of is when Steve Nash got shoved/checked against the Lakers in the play-offs a few years ago and there wasn't a suspension (but I'm not 100% sure I remember the facts correctly).

Nash is a good example.

Rondo bumped a ref this year and got suspended a game.

Jerry Stackhouse suspended in the finals for fouling Shaq in 2006.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkaYmGQ3UtU

Brian Shaw suspended in 2000 for leaving the bench.

James Posey suspended for fouling Kirk Hinrich also in 2006.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AbOy7wGVHP0

Andrew Bynum suspended for fouling JJ Barea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIWSKssJP2E

Those are just some playoff suspensions. Granted, Rondo and Shaw are a little different. But Posey and Stackhouse aren't. There was clearly a precedent set.

CrazyEcho

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 07:23:14 PM »
You're right, he should have gotten one game b/c the Stackhouse/Posey fouls were basically what happened here. 

I still don't think makes him a bad person or any less likable. 

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 07:40:11 PM »
If you want to judge what kind of person he is, look at how he treats his family (raising his sons by himself, building a church for his mom).

How about we also look at how he treated his ex-wife and his father?
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 07:41:04 PM »
You have to remember, we see at most 5% of his life in the news and games. In private he could be the nicest guy in the world or the biggest jerk. Seeing him in competition from afar where all eyes and a ton of pressure is on him might not be the best judge of his character. I'm a huge D Wade fan and will proudly view him through Blue and Gold glasses. I know plenty of good people that did something they regretted in competition, some which are the most laid back that I know.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:10:16 PM by cheebs09 »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 08:00:27 PM »
I loved it!!! Sometimes you gotta get a little physical!!!

Cant beat em? Beat em!!!
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

classof70

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 08:11:08 PM »
He's a jerk. 

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 08:42:09 PM »
We are getting to be a sensitive bunch if that was a suspension worthy offense.  Does he whine about no calls? Yes, but so does every other star player in the league.   
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 08:51:57 PM »
Blah, blah, blah...you guys sound like Badgers fans whining because everyone isn't perfect. The foul was hard and uncalled for since it didn't really seem to be a basketball play at all. However, that doesn't mean I'm going to like him any less. The guy is a great player and a great representative of MU. Without him, who the hell knows where Marquette basketball would be right now. Doubtful we make the tourney at least 8 years running from 97-98 to 04-05. Who knows if we would have been invited to the Big East or if there would have been any reason for the 3 amigos to come to Marquette or the constant stream of recruits we've seen since then. Of course, TC may very well not have lasted more than 6 years, so that would have made some of you happy.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2012, 09:13:59 PM »
Wade is a great guy.

You're all a bunch of haters.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 09:21:43 PM »
How about we also look at how he treated his ex-wife and his father?

His ex-wife was/is a complete nut job.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 09:26:52 PM »
His ex-wife was/is a complete nut job.

Haha truth.  It's obvious when someone has never met Siohvaughn before.

CrazyEcho

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »
I kind of felt obligated to write a big defense of D-Wade, but then I realized that the vast majority of the "MU fan" hate for Wade comes from Bulls fans who are pissed that the Heat knocked the Bulls out of the play-offs last year and that the Heat lasted longer in the play-offs this year.  Don't worry guys, keep complaining about the refs and eventually maybe the Bulls could beat the Heat.

Mobot

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 09:39:26 PM »
Granger should be suspended for throwing the ball at Wade's head.  That was uncalled for and totally out of line.   >:(

feedback