Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: As Of This Afternoon, This Is The Latest...  (Read 11405 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
As Of This Afternoon, This Is The Latest...
« on: May 14, 2012, 07:48:41 PM »
info with regards to Kevon Looney. Nothin' real earth shakin', but nonetheless, the real skinny. Don't ax me to provide sources/links. 'Cuz I ain't sayin'. You can choose to believe it or not, I don't give no sheet.

Kevon now measures 6'8".
Will be making a college decision prior to his senior h.s. season. Wants to enjoy and have no pressure during the season.
Is quietly taking it all in and will narrow the choices as it comes to visits.
Here are some of the challengers, in addition to MU and UW, who are in pursuit, Syr. Kansas, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Michigan, Minnesota, Georgetown, and Yale. As of now, UNC and Duke are not involved.
Good kid and wonderful family, still no tatoos, high GPA with potential pre-med as course of study.

Yes, he's friends with Deonte Burton since they were youngsters. Wants to play right away. Coach who will push him to be the best he can be, style of play, and a coach who he can believe in and who believes in him are critical. Family would like him to be close enough so they can watch him play.
Sounds like Marquette would be an ideal landing spot, aina?

Its early yet, but, I'm not feelin' it. If I were to bet, as of today, I'd put a bundle down on both red and white.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

cheebs09

• All American
Re: As Of This Afternoon, This Is The Latest...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 07:52:58 PM »
Wow, Yale as an option with a really challenging course of study in the plans. He sounds as impressive in the classroom as on the court. Seeing some of his highlights, he kind of reminds me of Durant with his build and style of play. He would be a huge get by Buzz and I hope we can reel him in.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 08:03:36 PM »
Curious that you'd put money on red and white (Wisconsin?) when you stay style of play is important to him. Is Bo promising to chuck the slowdown and the swing?

By the way, thanks for the update.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 08:11:24 PM »
Lenny, I had the same question and comment at the time.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 08:39:27 PM »
Lenny, I had the same question and comment at the time.

Well, at least MU looks like it has some things going for it in Kevon's recruitment. I'll cross my fingers that this time next year Buzz looks like he's here for the long haul. If that's the case, from the sound of things I like our chances. 

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 08:41:23 PM »
info with regards to Kevon Looney. Nothin' real earth shakin', but nonetheless, the real skinny. Don't ax me to provide sources/links. 'Cuz I ain't sayin'. You can choose to believe it or not, I don't give no sheet.

Kevon now measures 6'8".
Will be making a college decision prior to his senior h.s. season. Wants to enjoy and have no pressure during the season.
Is quietly taking it all in and will narrow the choices as it comes to visits.
Here are some of the challengers, in addition to MU and UW, who are in pursuit, Syr. Kansas, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Michigan, Minnesota, Georgetown, and Yale. As of now, UNC and Duke are not involved.
Good kid and wonderful family, still no tatoos, high GPA with potential pre-med as course of study.

Yes, he's friends with Deonte Burton since they were youngsters. Wants to play right away. Coach who will push him to be the best he can be, style of play, and a coach who he can believe in and who believes in him are critical. Family would like him to be close enough so they can watch him play.
Sounds like Marquette would be an ideal landing spot, aina?

Its early yet, but, I'm not feelin' it. If I were to bet, as of today, I'd put a bundle down on both red and white.

Who will be coaching the Badgers when he matriculates?  When he graduates?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 08:43:42 PM »
Another topic that I brought up. Bo ain't goin' nowhere fast.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 08:50:06 PM »
Another topic that I brought up. Bo ain't goin' nowhere fast.

67 when he would start school.  71 when he graduates.  Maybe, but I like where Buzz sits right now.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 08:57:22 PM »
As an opinion, objectively, I think Bo stands a better chance of coachin' UW in 6 years, than Buzz has of coachin' MU six years from now.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 09:04:56 PM »
As an opinion, objectively, I think Bo stands a better chance of coachin' UW in 6 years, than Buzz has of coachin' MU six years from now.

Goodbye Kevon Looney thread, hello Buzz v. the administration thread.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »
So Murray, you're sayin' I hijacked my owm thread?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 09:14:49 PM »
Looney's style of play fits MU better and he already has connections to Burton. No way Wisco will be in it in the end.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 09:15:22 PM »
So Murray, you're sayin' I hijacked my owm thread?

Who better to do it?  It's not like you took the first wrong turn, it's more like you put up the detour sign.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 09:20:18 PM »
Looney's style of play fits MU better and he already has connections to Burton. No way Wisco will be in it in the end.

As I said, its early and there are a lot of dogs to be hung. Bo has connected, doe.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 09:42:52 PM »
Will "The Looney Decision" be televised on ESPN next summer? "This fall, man this, this is really tough, I will be taking my talents 10 miles away to Marquette University."

🏀

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 10:03:08 PM »
4ever...thanks for the info, but what has your dad heard?

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 11:28:02 PM »
The recruiting of Looney falls on Deonte Burtons and Duane Wilsons shoulders.  This is much like how Al recruited kids, left it up to the kids on the team already.  Playing time for Looney should not be a problem, starts as freshman at the the small forward position. 

Center - ?? Dilemma
PF      -  S Taylor
SF      -  Looney or Ferguson or Anderson
2G     -  Burton or Mayo or TJ Taylor
Point  - Wilson or Wilson

A lot of openings for a big man, is MU in on any in the future?  I think that is a bigger problem than getting Looney?  Any thoughts on bigs?
Looney would be a nice addition but you could play Burton, Mayo and Wilson with Taylor and that would be a Buzz team in the future.

2013-14 will be a big recruiting year for Buzz with 5 openings,  probably only take 4 to even classes, do not need more than 12 players per year.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 11:32:32 PM »
67 when he would start school.  71 when he graduates.  Maybe, but I like where Buzz sits right now.

I thought Buzz was leaving after this year according to the conspiracy nuts at Scoop.  So where does Buzz sit next year and will Looney be playing for Buzz at that school?
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 11:36:43 PM »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 05:10:14 AM »
Wish the news was better but appreciate the update 4ever. My hope is that we stay in the game with Kevon and see what happens. A lot of race left which could be good or bad for us. Keep us posted.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 06:33:14 AM »
Will "The Looney Decision" be televised on ESPN next summer? "This fall, man this, this is really tough, I will be taking my talents 10 miles away to Marquette University."

That is some edgy, fresh, well-crafted satire right there.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 09:27:17 AM »
The recruiting of Looney falls on Deonte Burtons and Duane Wilsons shoulders.  This is much like how Al recruited kids, left it up to the kids on the team already.  Playing time for Looney should not be a problem, starts as freshman at the the small forward position. 

Center - ?? Dilemma
PF      -  S Taylor
SF      -  Looney or Ferguson or Anderson
2G     -  Burton or Mayo or TJ Taylor
Point  - Wilson or Wilson

A lot of openings for a big man, is MU in on any in the future?  I think that is a bigger problem than getting Looney?  Any thoughts on bigs?

Diamond Stone!

What do you think of this hypothetical ... if Stone was to "do a Burton" and verbal to MU his sophomore year, could he scare off a big man in the classes ahead of him?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 09:56:36 AM »
I thought Buzz was leaving after this year according to the conspiracy nuts at Scoop.  So where does Buzz sit next year and will Looney be playing for Buzz at that school?

I'm sure the conspiracy nuts at Scoop won't take this personally. Welcome back.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 05:45:14 PM »
Diamond Stone!

What do you think of this hypothetical ... if Stone was to "do a Burton" and verbal to MU his sophomore year, could he scare off a big man in the classes ahead of him?

Still need a big for 2014, Stone is 2015.  I say JC kid if still available at MU.  Plays 2 years then Stone can start as a Soph.  He is only 6' 9" so not sure if he will be a center or power forward in the future.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 05:57:38 PM »
Diamond Stone!

He could, I suppose.  I'd still party like its 1999.