Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: ND Forward Scott Martin granted sixth year  (Read 1705 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
ND Forward Scott Martin granted sixth year
« on: May 13, 2012, 10:30:59 AM »
Scott Martin granted sixth year

http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncb/story/_/id/7921427/notre-dame-forward-scott-martin-granted-sixth-year-ncaa

Notre Dame forward Scott Martin has been granted a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA and will return for the 2012-13 season, the school announced Friday night.

"We're thrilled in the NCAA's decision to grant Scott a sixth year of eligibility," Irish coach Mike Brey said in a release. "Scott was our 'glue guy' this past season with our young team. He helped drive us with his experience and leadership. I was so proud of him in how he handled himself once Tim Abromaitis went down with his ACL injury. Scott is a great example for college basketball and we're excited that he gets an opportunity to play one more season in a Notre Dame uniform."

Martin, a Valparaiso, Ind., native, played his freshman year at Purdue in 2007-08 before transferring to Notre Dame to be closer to his sick father, sitting out the next season and then missing the 2009-10 campaign because of a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee suffered in a preseason workout.

One of three captains for the Irish last season, Martin averaged 9.5 points and 5.7 rebounds for Notre Dame, which finished a surprising third in the Big East last season (22-12, 13-5). Abromaitis, one of the other captains from this past season, was denied a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA 10 days ago and will not appeal the decision.

Earl Tatum

• All American
Re: ND Forward Scott Martin granted sixth year
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 05:20:40 PM »
Who Cares it's suckin' Notre Dame

smrunner99

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 05:27:16 PM »
I think people are interested because of our teams use of this rule in the near future.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 05:29:57 PM »
I think people are interested because of our teams use of this rule in the near future.

+1

That is why I posted it.  (Outle)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 06:10:50 PM »
Who Cares it's suckin' Notre Dame

We play the suckers every year, so I appreciate the update on their roster.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

real chili 83

• All American

NCAARules

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 11:27:21 PM »
I will say this - I'm surprised the family medical rationale worked in this case, where the mileage difference was only what ... 30-40 miles?

Now, I admit I know nothing about the father's medical situation, and I hope all are doing well. Just seems like not much proximity was gained by that move. If that was the case, why not transfer to Valpo?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 11:58:04 PM »
I will say this - I'm surprised the family medical rationale worked in this case, where the mileage difference was only what ... 30-40 miles?

Now, I admit I know nothing about the father's medical situation, and I hope all are doing well. Just seems like not much proximity was gained by that move. If that was the case, why not transfer to Valpo?

Looks like he sat out a year after his transfer...paid his dues.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 12:02:10 AM by real chili 83 »