[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Summer Movies 2012  (Read 7595 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Summer Movies 2012
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2012, 08:42:23 AM »
I think I am the only person in America that thought The Avengers was just 'meh'.

The Dark Knight is far and away the best super hero movie... imo.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2012, 12:13:47 PM »
Ted looks fantastic.

Avengers was very good, though if you haven't, I'd recommend at least watching one of the Iron Man movies, Captain America, and Thor before seeing it.

I thouroughly enjoyed The Avengers.  It was very entertaining.  The wife and I went and re-watched Thor, Captain America & Iron Man 2 just before seeing The Avengers.  You need to watch past the credits also.  I picked up a few things I missed the first time viewing them.  Don't forget to watch past the credits on The Avengers also.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2012, 04:15:46 PM »
I think I am the only person in America that thought The Avengers was just 'meh'.
I thought The Avengers was just 'meh" as well.  The last 30 minutes or so were very good, but the beginning 2/3 to 3/4 of the movie felt like killing time until the ultimate battle sequence.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2012, 04:24:17 PM »
The last 30 minutes of The Avengers rocked, but the first 100 minutes or so were, for me, a stunner, as there was actually a script, dialogue, plot and character development, coherent story line, as opposed to, say, any Transformer movie, Battleship, the last Indiana Jones movie, etc.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2012, 04:24:31 PM »
I  never understood how Batman Forever was ever related to Batman and Batman Returns.

The movies went from good outside realism, to just a complete waste of over imagery and stupidity. It was apparent it was only made to sell toys.

Joel Schumacher can die in hell for that movie.

I disliked all of the Michael Keaton/Val Kilmer/George Clooney Batman movies.  Threadbare plots, no real reason for any of the characters to do anything they do except to advance the story.  Most people probably don't even think about it or didn't think about it at the time, but to me, one of the worst movies lines of all time was Oswald Cobblepot (Penguin) saying to Batman "You don' t really think you'll win, do you?" for no reason whatsoever in the story.  The line's only purpose as far as I can tell was to have something to put in the trailer.  I hate crap like that.

The recent Batman movies are quite good, but I think I'd take the first Toby Maguire Spider-man movie as the best superhero movie of recent vintage.  
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012, 04:32:28 PM »
I'm most looking forward to Wes Anderson's Moonlight Kingdom. Amazing cast + classic Wes Anderson story line = success

http://youtu.be/7N8wkVA4_8s

🏀

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2012, 04:44:19 PM »
I'm most looking forward to Wes Anderson's Moonlight Kingdom. Amazing cast + classic Wes Anderson story line = success

http://youtu.be/7N8wkVA4_8s

+1 YUP.

Might drive out to Evanston to see it next weekend.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2012, 01:43:48 PM »
The last 30 minutes of The Avengers rocked, but the first 100 minutes or so were, for me, a stunner, as there was actually a script, dialogue, plot and character development, coherent story line, as opposed to, say, any Transformer movie, Battleship, the last Indiana Jones movie, etc.

I think that was essentially the Rolling Stone magazine review of the moview but they used something more along the lines of "suck on that Michael Bay".

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2012, 08:21:24 AM »

Exactly right. I loved it, and it further showed that there is no one better at the ensemble cast than Joss Whedon.

Regarding Dark Knight, entertaining movies, but generally poor translations. As a comic book fan in my youth, I've generally been disappointed with the franchise.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.