[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU Dental clinic question  (Read 1644 times)

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
MU Dental clinic question
« on: May 03, 2012, 08:33:52 AM »
My wife needs some serious dental work done that we really cannot afford after discussing matters with our dentist. She signed up to the waiting list in March for the MU Dental clinic but has yet to hear back. She has tried calling for information but cannot get through to anyone. Her dentist has advised her that she should not wait long without getting the work done or things will get much worse but we would actually have to take out a 2nd mortgage in order to pay his fees.

I am trying to find out more about the clinic's process and what to expect. We do not even know if the clinic does the work she needs but hope to determine what her options are without putting this off too long.

If anyone can offer some insight please PM me.

Thanks.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: MU Dental clinic question
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 11:27:44 AM »
Tell 4never to get off this board and start denting.

JustinLewisFanClubPres

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 06:01:56 PM »
Her best bet may be to go in there one morning and see someone.  I think it opens at 7:30 am but people get there at like 6:30 to be seen that day.  They only take a handful of people a day so she will need to get there very early if it needs to be taken care of quickly.  If they can't see her, they can at least give her some information about other dental clinics in the city.  Be prepared for a wait.  It can be a frustrating experience because so many people rely on the clinic and they have limited resources.   

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 06:35:54 PM »
Sounds like you need at least a second opinion. PM 4ever for reals.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 07:17:48 AM »
My wife needs some serious dental work done that we really cannot afford after discussing matters with our dentist. She signed up to the waiting list in March for the MU Dental clinic but has yet to hear back. She has tried calling for information but cannot get through to anyone. Her dentist has advised her that she should not wait long without getting the work done or things will get much worse but we would actually have to take out a 2nd mortgage in order to pay his fees.

I am trying to find out more about the clinic's process and what to expect. We do not even know if the clinic does the work she needs but hope to determine what her options are without putting this off too long.

If anyone can offer some insight please PM me.

Thanks.

go down to the clinic-if you(she) has an urgent-type procedure, many times they will get you to the clinic within the school to put "that fire out".  i.e. the oral surgery or endodontic or periodontic clinic.  then they can direct you to the oral diagnosis dept. to triage you and determine if you are a good case study for the student dentists.  do not wait for a call back-go down there!  the work is usually very good, but tedious.  it still cost some money, but about half or so what it costs in the real world.  they also have satellite clinics about the city that may help you out also.  also, watch for the mission of mercy in madison this year~june 29-30.  also prepare for long waits as that is first come first served but is completely FREE. they will also triage you and take care of immediate needs and direct you to some good leads to complete your work. also, once there, you may be able to make contacts with any one of the many dentists who may offer to take your case on at minimal fees.  we do that many times as an exstension of the mission if the patient is close by and shows a committment to improving their dental and medical health and also has an attitude of gratitude-we can pick out the b.s.'ers too.  we are always willing to help those who show an attitude to help themselves also.  good luck.  send me your e-mail or call me also and i'll see if i can't help you get to where you need 

/quote]

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 07:28:49 AM »
red stripe-i sent you a separate message-if you do not get it-email me from address in profile or call me at 262-391-0831 and i'll see if i can help you out a little somehow