[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2012 MLB Thread  (Read 72051 times)

MUBurrow

• All American
Re: MLB Thread
« Reply #525 on: December 15, 2012, 10:15:12 AM »
No interest in giving up Trumbo.  Bourjes yes, not Trumbo.  I think a deal with the Mets is in the works which doesn't make me happy, but one of our outfielders is going.  Trumbo has a hole in his swing but when he is on he is really on.  Peter is an insane outfielder, arguably one of the 3 best defensively there is.  Great speed, but light on the stick.

Last thing I want to do is give Trumbo to a team that has Miggy and Fielder.

sounds fair from my end.  I kind of started from a Angels-Tigers match up well w/ Porcello thing, and with Bourjos and Austin Jackson repetitive got to Trumbo.

As for a trade with the Mets, I think Niese would be a great get - and with the Angels offensive surplus, a deal could get done.  He would be a great mid rotation starter.  I wouldn't want any part of what the Mets are demanding for Dickey though.  I think he'll really drop off this year, and I don't believe he has any type of staying power. HOWEVER I would be more likely to trade for him if he signed that 2 yr $26M extension the Mets have been balking at.  While I don't think he'll be great again, thats a pretty risk-free deal to make on the off chance he stays something remotely close to 2012 R.A. Dickey. So I have kind of a boom or bust outlook on him.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #526 on: December 15, 2012, 12:06:27 PM »

Unfortunately we got rid of Napoli, Lackey, Santana in the past few seasons or it would be even more so. 

How is losing any of those guys unfortunate actually?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #527 on: December 15, 2012, 04:17:34 PM »
How is losing any of those guys unfortunate actually?

I've always liked how during the time I worked there and under Mike's lead we have been a home grown talent team with a few players from the Free Agent market.  Of late, that has changed which I'm not wild about.  It's certainly exciting, but I enjoy seeing guys in Arizona in the minors come up and make the big club. 

I would have liked to have had Naps' bat the last few years, especially how he has destroyed us.  Ervin has always been a headcase, Lackey a strong pitbull...though his talents were coming to an end.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #528 on: December 17, 2012, 11:42:15 AM »
Dickey traded to the Blue Jays, signs 2 year $25 million extension. Just in this offseason the Jays have added Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle and now Dickey to their rotation as well as Jose Reyes and Melky Cabrera. Looks like they're sick of sitting in the AL East cellar and are going all in.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 03:00:43 PM by MUFanatic4Life »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #529 on: December 17, 2012, 12:09:39 PM »

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #530 on: December 17, 2012, 01:00:26 PM »
Dickey traded to the Blue Jays, signs 2 year $25 million extension. Just in this offseason the Jays have added Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle and now Dickey to their rotation as well as Jose Reyes. Looks like they're sick of sitting in the AL East cellar and are going all in.

I'm cool with going all in and maybe even giving up too much in prospects to do so, but I don't like this trade for Toronto. Dickey could get absolutely shelled up I. That hitters park, and is moving from nl to al east besides. With that rotation I'm surprise they didn't go harder at shields. Dickey is a huge question mark, and I think you need more certainty when you go all in like this. Could have undone a lot of the benefits garners through the Miami trade.