Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU best transfer ever  (Read 24300 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: MU best transfer ever
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2012, 08:24:16 PM »
With DJO as the 6th man.  Bring it on.

And Mr. Jackson coming in as the 'big'.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2012, 08:26:56 PM »
To delve into this is to acknowledge that MU has always had transfers, roster transition, accepted JUCO's.   Maybe we had better back down a little before anyone starts feeling squirmy.   

Maybe Fr. P and Larry need to read scoop.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2012, 08:28:38 PM »
Transfer - Jim Dudley (at least for one game  ;))

tower912

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2012, 08:28:48 PM »
I will agree that if they are serious in what they are rumored to believe, then they have seriously misjudged just how integral basketball is to MU's identity.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2012, 08:33:01 PM »
Al was trendsetter across the board. He was the first or the leader in almost everything that is college basketball . Part of the reason I started this thread was to point out how rich our history is in taking transfers and Juco's. Anyone with a problem with this does not know our history.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2012, 08:33:57 PM »
here we go AGAIN - really?

I will agree that if they are serious in what they are rumored to believe, then they have seriously misjudged just how integral basketball is to MU's identity.  

tower912

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2012, 08:35:08 PM »
I'll give you an 'amen', brother goose. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Goose

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2012, 08:36:59 PM »
Hey guys
Madtown is here....let's talk later.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2012, 08:41:35 PM »
Jamil.... 8-)

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2012, 08:42:53 PM »
gee - why can't I be a part of the "trust me, my sources say Larry Williams and Fr Pilarz are trying to return MU to SLU level circle jerk"

Hey guys
Madtown is here....let's talk later.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:46:00 PM by madtownwarrior »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2012, 08:43:43 PM »
Buzz saw
Shame on us old guys. He might go down the best of them all.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2012, 08:44:22 PM »
Hey, I think it is balderdash.   If it isn't....if they really want to de-emphasize hoops, they are in error.  

Goose

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2012, 08:46:18 PM »
Madtown
We are in the middle of a basketball conversation and do you mind waiting until finished. You can save your witty circle jerk lines until we have signed off for the night it would be appreciated.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2012, 08:48:23 PM »
Back on topic.... can we have a team of Downing, Jamil, JFB, DJO, and Kevin Johnson take them on.    Would be a fun scrimmage. 

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2012, 08:54:31 PM »
whatever...  I'll go back to waiting for Hiroshima...

Madtown
We are in the middle of a basketball conversation and do you mind waiting until finished. You can save your witty circle jerk lines until we have signed off for the night it would be appreciated.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2012, 08:56:30 PM »
David Boone

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2012, 09:02:46 PM »
Buzz saw
Shame on us old guys. He might go down the best of them all.

Jamil is set up for a pretty nice career:

Sophomore: Key player in a sweet 16 season and #10 ranking.
Junior:  Could potentially be one of the guys that annually steps up. Good chance of top 25 team.
Senior:  Could potentially be a star player.  Assertive and heady on both ends.  Potential Final Four team or more.

I think that career is a real possibility.  He and MU have a good chance at that IMO.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2012, 09:05:06 PM »
David Boone

I had turned off the computer for the night and thought of this one and turned the damn thing back on just to find that someone else remembered him.     He was a good one.    Lazar and Jae before it was cool.   

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2012, 09:33:29 PM »
Jamil is set up for a pretty nice career:

Sophomore: Key player in a sweet 16 season and #10 ranking.
Junior:  Could potentially be one of the guys that annually steps up. Good chance of top 25 team.
Senior:  Could potentially be a star player.  Assertive and heady on both ends.  Potential Final Four team or more.

I think that career is a real possibility.  He and MU have a good chance at that IMO.

Marquette will never have a "good chance" at a Final Four and beyond. Even the best teams in an average year don't even have over a 50% chance of making a Final Four. To predict a good chance of a Final Four 2 years down the road next year is a bit risky. If Buzz leaves next year do Burton and Wilson show up? Mayo, Blue test the NBA? The Taylors transfer? We could miss the NCAA Tournament if Buzz leaves. I would put our chances of making a Final Four over the next 2 years at less than 8%. It takes a ridiculously talented team and a ton more luck to reach those heights.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2012, 09:36:14 PM »
Depends who's on the short list?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2012, 09:37:59 PM »
Yeah, isn't this the answer......easily?

Yes.  Absolutely, yes.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2012, 09:56:02 PM »
Marquette will never have a "good chance" at a Final Four and beyond. Even the best teams in an average year don't even have over a 50% chance of making a Final Four. To predict a good chance of a Final Four 2 years down the road next year is a bit risky. If Buzz leaves next year do Burton and Wilson show up? Mayo, Blue test the NBA? The Taylors transfer? We could miss the NCAA Tournament if Buzz leaves. I would put our chances of making a Final Four over the next 2 years at less than 8%. It takes a ridiculously talented team and a ton more luck to reach those heights.

Settle down. I never said MU has an over 50% chance of a Final Four.  I said there is a good chance of potentially being a Final Four team.  BIG difference.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2012, 10:10:08 PM »
Settle down. I never said MU has an over 50% chance of a Final Four.  I said there is a good chance of potentially being a Final Four team.  BIG difference.

Of course you said potentially being a Final Four team.  You're talking about the 2014 season.  This isn't the past, you can't possibly know we are a Final Four team in 2014 until after the season ends.  I get that you were saying the team is potentially a Final Four team.  Your entire post was all potentials.  I am saying there is not a "good chance" of that potential being realized for Marquette, like you said in your post there was.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:11:52 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2012, 10:11:23 PM »
Our best transfer, a guy who helped a good team become a Final Four team, is an easy choice for me: Robert Jackson.

Best JUCO ... several to choose, each with a strong claim. Bob Lackey was an intimidating stud. Jae Crowder followed up a season as a valuable contributor on a Sweet 16 team to being one of the best players in the entire nation and leading another Sweet 16 run. Darius Johnson-Odom was a consistent scorer and really tough dude for three years. Jerome Whitehead played center on our one and only national championship team, hitting the winning bucket to get us to the title game; he went on to have the second-best FG pct in school history. Jimmy Butler was an outstanding defender, clutch scorer who used hard work to turn himself into a first-round draft pick. Lloyd Walton and Sam Worthen were two of the best point guards in school history.

For individual accomplishment, I'd go with Jae. For impact on a special team, Whitehead.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

nyg

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2012, 10:22:08 PM »
Best transfers: Jim Boylan and Jerome Whitehead.  They were part of and lead MU to the National Championship.

All other transfers should be "which was the most talented".  To answer that, I go with Lloyd Walton and Sam Worthen.  

feedback