[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Unofficial "Buzz to ______" Archive  (Read 64411 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: The Unofficial "Buzz to ______" Archive
« Reply #250 on: March 26, 2013, 07:14:18 PM »
I'll kiss Crean's ass if Buzz coaches @ U. Of Minnesota.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #251 on: March 26, 2013, 07:16:11 PM »
4ever

Great post. I would agree that the MN job seems to be stretch at this point.

thehammock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #252 on: March 26, 2013, 08:02:22 PM »
Not sure if it's the same reporter, but a buddy of mine in Minneapolis was talking to an AP reporter up there yesterday. This reporter claimed Buzz to Minnesota was a done deal.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 08:08:16 PM by thehammock »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: CBS Sports Believes UCLA Will Court Buzz Williams
« Reply #253 on: March 26, 2013, 10:23:18 PM »
Wrong, Lenny. Crean was more of a "Fielder's Choice."

I know you think you are cute and stuff when you do that, but at the end of the day he took a program that couldn't even get to the NIT to the Final Four in five years, D. Wade, Novak, Diener, Hayward, Matthews, James, McNeal, Big East, Al McGuire Center, etc.

Considering where we were, home run hire.  Much of it depends where we were when we made the hire.  This is why I would say KO hire was a homerun.  We were paying next to nothing, joke facilities, no league, etc.

Context it hugely important.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:04:05 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #254 on: March 26, 2013, 10:30:27 PM »
 Many of us agree that MU should keep high standards.  You act as if you're the only one standing up for high standards.  

If 99% of UCLA fans have no idea who Buzz is, well, that syas a lot about there depth of knowledge of college BB.  I think you have a problem with a coach named BUZZ.  You have been down on him since the day he was hired, and now that he is a proven winner, you continue your passive aggressive campaign to belittle anything he accomplishes.  That is a lot of negative energy.

Guru,  I have zero problems with a guy named Buzz.  Who gives a crap what his name is.  That's really one of the most absurd comments I've seen here.

And for the record, I advocated him for COY last year and again this year...did so on CrackedSidewalks as well.  I like him very much, thank you.  Did I have some issues with some things...you bet.  Same as I had plenty of issues with Crean...don't believe me, do a search here or read Cracked Sidewalks over the years.  So how can I be belittling him if I was also advocating him for Coach of the Year?   Ask some of the guys here that are Facebook friends with me and I had a Buzz Williams Marquette image as my "photo" or whatever you call it for 12 months (now I have a more generic MU one with students and body paint)...seems weird to me to be belittling someone, as you claim and yet showing plenty of support for him.

The problem is some of you guys aren't fair or balanced.  When I say something nice or positive about Buzz, it's never acknowledged.  If I have a criticism, it is tattooed into the deepest recess of your brains and becomes the only thing I ever said.  Your filters here are on such high sensitivity that anyone that dares to question something, you know like not being able to inbound a pass, and it becomes some terrible comment against Buzz.  
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:22:09 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #255 on: March 26, 2013, 10:31:21 PM »
Chicos wants us to believe that standards went in the toilet with Buzz.

Toiliet?   ::)   I don't have to go there, the university already did and a few changes were made.  Don't like it, take it up with the university.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #256 on: March 26, 2013, 10:44:35 PM »
Toiliet?   ::)   I don't have to go there, the university already did and a few changes were made.  Don't like it, take it up with the university.

Yeah, the university was out of compliance with how to report alleged sexual assaults since the Crean regime and they changed that. They also raised the grade requirements that were in effect under Crean and didn't allow freshmen players to live in Humphrey (as they could under Crean). Thank God they cleaned up the mess Crean left behind.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #257 on: March 26, 2013, 10:48:06 PM »
This is such BS. Don't ever compare Stanford standards with UCLA's. UDub has higher standards than UCLA and I don't see a lot of Rhodes Scholars on Romar's roster.

I didn't compare them, I said Stanford's were the highest in the Pac 12 with UCLA's second for all sports.  I provided a few articles as well.  UDub, does not have higher standards than UCLA....you're starting to embarrass yourself.  Stop.

The latest NCAA records for hoops actually have Oregon on top, Stanford 2, UCLA 3, and Washington 4th.

For football, it looks like this

Stanford: 977
    UCLA: 956
    Oregon State: 955
    Arizona: 951
    Washington: 949
    Oregon: 948
    USC: 947
    Arizona State: 937
    Cal: 936
    Washington State: 933

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #258 on: March 26, 2013, 10:49:08 PM »
I'm off to a conference right now Lenny, but I'll pull up the posts for you tonight from some of the illustrious posters here that said those very things.  Then you can backtrack and qualify them for everyone.

We're still waiting.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #259 on: March 26, 2013, 11:23:48 PM »
Yeah, the university was out of compliance with how to report alleged sexual assaults since the Crean regime and they changed that. They also raised the grade requirements that were in effect under Crean and didn't allow freshmen players to live in Humphrey (as they could under Crean). Thank God they cleaned up the mess Crean left behind.

That is correct, of course you haven't told the rest of the changes either...have you.   ::)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #260 on: March 26, 2013, 11:25:44 PM »
We're still waiting.

I got back not long ago Lenny, but I'll do that search for you.

Let me put the kids to sleep, 9:30 is their bedtime and then I'll get to it.  Plan?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:20:37 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #261 on: March 27, 2013, 01:43:37 AM »
We're still waiting.

"I do want a coach who's bigger than the university."
-PRN

"There would be less paranoia if the current AD let Buzz run the school and gave him a long leash.  Instead the new AD has tried to shackle/reign Buzz in, in some areas...which is messing with happy."
-Ners

"Make Buzz Williams AD"
-Stone Cold

"So you don't see a problem with an administration dictating to the Head basketball Coach how to run his program?  Not being an alum, I could personally care less about anything that happens with the school in reality. I care about the success of the basketball program, period."
-Mu Guru

"Larry has to do his job, but he also has to let Buzz do his without looking over his shoulder. No one in their right mind can do a job well if someone is always looking over their shoulder and looking for what is wrong, instead of what is right."
-Hoops12

"If LW and FP cared as much about the BB program as Father Wild and Cottingham did, they would. Let Buzz run his program the way he sees fit(without cheating of course), let him bring in the type of kids he needs/wants to bring in to try to take MU to the next level, and let him run the basketball operation. They aren't. They are trying to dictate to Buzz how THEY want to see things run. "
-MU Guru

"The issue of course is that not all institutions and AD's set the same limits.  It appears MU is headed the direction that won't make it a coach/athletics friendly place - as it was under Father Wild"
-Ners

"What has Larry Williams done and accomplished at MU that makes you think he's immune to the criticism?  What skins on the wall does he have?  Can you find another example of an AD 90 days on the job, who to the local paper, pretty much says he's going to help his coach become better, that his coach ties his tie too tight, and will either have his head explode or will irrevocably offend somebody - all said about a guy who has 3.5 years in, which had culminated in 3 NCAA births, 1 Sweet 16 and another that followed a month later.  Buzz has earned the benefit of the doubt.  Larry simply has created doubt."
-Ners

"From a management experience standpoint, Pilarz came to us from Scranton. Larry Williams from Portland. These are the guys currently at the controls of the charter. "
-PRN  (apparently these people can't lead because of where they came from...interesting...Buzz came from New Orleans, right?)

"Your exactly right.  It is time for MU to part ways with Larry Williams. For those of you who dont follow SEC Sports, Nick Saban committed 29!!  Yes 29!! Violations in the past year and I dont think the AD is suspending him for any games or firing any assistant coaches. "
-Kenosha Warrior

"If he goes it's because he is being pushed out or having constraints put on him.  Not a decision on who is the better program."
-Golden Eagle 2002

You get the idea

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #262 on: March 27, 2013, 08:53:10 AM »

"I do want a coach who's bigger than the university."
-PRN

"There would be less paranoia if the current AD let Buzz run the school and gave him a long leash.  Instead the new AD has tried to shackle/reign Buzz in, in some areas...which is messing with happy."
-Ners

"Make Buzz Williams AD"
-Stone Cold

"So you don't see a problem with an administration dictating to the Head basketball Coach how to run his program?  Not being an alum, I could personally care less about anything that happens with the school in reality. I care about the success of the basketball program, period."
-Mu Guru

"Larry has to do his job, but he also has to let Buzz do his without looking over his shoulder. No one in their right mind can do a job well if someone is always looking over their shoulder and looking for what is wrong, instead of what is right."
-Hoops12

"If LW and FP cared as much about the BB program as Father Wild and Cottingham did, they would. Let Buzz run his program the way he sees fit(without cheating of course), let him bring in the type of kids he needs/wants to bring in to try to take MU to the next level, and let him run the basketball operation. They aren't. They are trying to dictate to Buzz how THEY want to see things run. "
-MU Guru

"The issue of course is that not all institutions and AD's set the same limits.  It appears MU is headed the direction that won't make it a coach/athletics friendly place - as it was under Father Wild"
-Ners

"What has Larry Williams done and accomplished at MU that makes you think he's immune to the criticism?  What skins on the wall does he have?  Can you find another example of an AD 90 days on the job, who to the local paper, pretty much says he's going to help his coach become better, that his coach ties his tie too tight, and will either have his head explode or will irrevocably offend somebody - all said about a guy who has 3.5 years in, which had culminated in 3 NCAA births, 1 Sweet 16 and another that followed a month later.  Buzz has earned the benefit of the doubt.  Larry simply has created doubt."
-Ners

"From a management experience standpoint, Pilarz came to us from Scranton. Larry Williams from Portland. These are the guys currently at the controls of the charter. "
-PRN  (apparently these people can't lead because of where they came from...interesting...Buzz came from New Orleans, right?)

"Your exactly right.  It is time for MU to part ways with Larry Williams. For those of you who dont follow SEC Sports, Nick Saban committed 29!!  Yes 29!! Violations in the past year and I dont think the AD is suspending him for any games or firing any assistant coaches. "
-Kenosha Warrior

"If he goes it's because he is being pushed out or having constraints put on him.  Not a decision on who is the better program."
-Golden Eagle 2002

You get the idea

I do get the idea, and except for PRN's hyperbolic (and maybe taken out of context) remark these don't sound like pleas for NO boss, NO oversight, let's run the program like the NBA. Rather, they sound like "Why does Larry feel the need to flex his muscles and fix things that aren't broken?" Big difference.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »
Well, we agree to disagree. 

I don't see how you can ignore Ners comment to let Buzz run the school.  Or Guru's comments about it not mattering what the university wants, it should be about basketball and the program and letting him (only him) run the program as HE sees fit.  Or fire Larry Williams because Alabama didn't and Nick Saban has all kinds of problems.  ETc, etc.  There are a number of these themes from posters....university doesn't matter, let basketball department be basketball and get out of the way.  Larry and Pilarz are evil and shouldn't get in the way.

I also stopped my search early as I was tired.  There are some interesting comments like these whenever Larry Williams comes up, or Buzz is rumored to go somewhere.  Many came up about the 1 game suspension.  I'm not going to search more, but one thread alone had like 100+ pages...it was crazy.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #264 on: March 28, 2013, 10:56:00 PM »
Buzz to Indiana

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #265 on: March 28, 2013, 11:00:21 PM »
I heard it was buzz to the final four.

MeghanMU

• Walk-On
Just Spin Buzz's Big Wheel to see where he'll coach next
« Reply #267 on: April 01, 2013, 08:28:18 PM »
Forget the .com and Twitterverse, just spin Buzz's Big Wheel: bit.ly/BuzzBigWheel, it is the same tool Buzz is using to figure out where he should coach next  ;)

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #268 on: March 17, 2014, 10:33:52 AM »
Latest additions... Auburn and USF.

No really... USF.   I'm dead serious here.

USF, as in University of South Florida.  The place in Tampa.  Think Sun Dome.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #270 on: March 17, 2014, 11:24:45 AM »
Latest additions... Auburn and USF.

No really... USF.   I'm dead serious here.

USF, as in University of South Florida.  The place in Tampa.  Think Sun Dome.

Wow.  The rumors go from UCLA to USF?

As if no postseason isn't humbling enough.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #272 on: March 18, 2014, 03:14:23 PM »
NVM...didn't check recent posts
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

chapman

• All American

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #274 on: March 22, 2014, 06:50:43 AM »
I think we can now rename this thread.

feedback