[Today at 08:47:22 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by Goose
[Today at 07:54:34 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: OT: Indiana Hoosiers freshman forward Noah Vonleh will enter the 2014 NBA draft  (Read 6421 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
First Fischer comes to MU, then the tan one's other big man of the future announces he's leaving.  You agree with his own assessment that he's between 4 and 12th?  I think he has some stars in his eyes.

------------------

Indiana Hoosiers freshman forward Noah Vonleh will enter the 2014 NBA draft, CBSSports.com reported early Monday.

"It's going to suck leaving college without an NCAA Tournament," Vonleh told CBSSports.com. "But I have to do what's best for me."

The 6-foot-10, 240-pound Haverill, Mass. native averaged 11.3 points and nine rebounds a game

"I've heard the fourth pick to the 12th pick is wide open," Vonleh said. "[I think I'll be selected] anywhere in that range."

Jay Bee

• All American
First Fischer comes to MU, then the tan one's other big man of the future announces he's leaving.  You agree with his own assessment that he's between 4 and 12th?  I think he has some stars in his eyes.

------------------

His assessment is reasonable.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Avenue Commons

• All American
He's a lottery pick for sure.
We Are Marquette

Tugg Speedman

• All American
His assessment is reasonable.

You might be right, draft express has him 7th

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

So the tan one did not make the NIT with a lottery pick in the middle.

mug644

• All American
If Fischer had known Vonleh would leave after this year, do you think he might have reconsidered his transfer, expecting more playing time next year and beyond? Anyway, I look forward to him at MU.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
If Fischer had known Vonleh would leave after this year, do you think he might have reconsidered his transfer, expecting more playing time next year and beyond? Anyway, I look forward to him at MU.

The sated reason for transferring was to be closer to home.  I have seen nothing about lack of playing time cited. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member

After Fischer came back from his shoulder injury, he had worked his way up to getting 20 minutes per game. I don't think that PT was an issue for the young man. He was just looking for a change of scenery.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
Between Zeller, Oladipo and Vonleh all leaving early (all before Junior seasons, frankly), I think Crean has to adjust his recruitment model to that of Calipari.  He should be aiming to get the 4/5-star one and dones, and just reload every year.  Gettting the role players like Hulls, Watford, Sheehy and Hollowell mean nothing unless you have the star power to complement them.  

Hards Alumni

• All American
Crean has another rough season with a lotto pick starting.  Gotta love it!

Wade for President

• All American
Noah has always been a bit of a head scratcher for me.  The man oozes talent (can handle the ball, shoot from outside, good lateral quickness/athleticism), but seemed to routinely average 4-5 shot attempts a game.  Vonleh appeared handcuffed by the offensive sets much like Zeller.  Remarkable.

Indiana's new slogan:  "Come to IU...where you can be a lottery pick despite your coach"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Noah has always been a bit of a head scratcher for me.  The man oozes talent (can handle the ball, shoot from outside, good lateral quickness/athleticism), but seemed to routinely average 4-5 shot attempts a game.  Vonleh appeared handcuffed by the offensive sets much like Zeller.  Remarkable.

Indiana's new slogan:  "Come to IU...where you can be a lottery pick despite your coach"

Kind of weird since Oladipo was a 3 star recruit when he came to IU and basically gives al the credit to the coach for making him a lottery pick.  To each their own.

I sure hope for the next 5+ years we have updates about our arch rival Virginia Tech.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
Kind of weird since Oladipo was a 3 star recruit when he came to IU and basically gives al the credit to the coach for making him a lottery pick.  To each their own.

I sure hope for the next 5+ years we have updates about our arch rival Virginia Tech.

We won't because you're not an alum.

Wade for President

• All American

Chicos, my focus was rather on big men.  If I was a 5 star big, I'd think twice about committing to IU/Crean's offense.

Full disclosure: I was raised an IU fan, and still follow the program closely (regardless of who's at the helm).

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Not sure its much of a loss, but Austin Etherington going too.

4everwarriors

• All American
Clappy must be difficult to live with, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Sounds like Hollowell may be going too...though that would seem to be even more of a Creaning.

LloydMooresLegs

We won't because you're not an alum.

Are you sure?

jesmu84

• All American
Chronic Hoosier ‏@ChronicHoosier  2m
When the guys who do it solely for the pride in wearing the jersey all decide to bolt, you may have a culture problem. #iubb

NavinRJohnson

• All American
When the guys who do it solely for the pride in wearing the jersey all decide to bolt, you may have a culture problem. #iubb

More likely  you have a (lack of) talent problem. A good house Creaning is a good first step to correcting it.

4everwarriors

• All American

Nah, the problem is with the head coach.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"