Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tuesday's Targets  (Read 18629 times)

mu-rara

• All American
Re: Tuesday's Targets
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2012, 03:54:42 PM »
You guys are being unfair to goose. He may leap to conclusions but he is right that there in tension between the admin and buzz. Not sure how seriously he really did look at smu or how much ball squeezing is going on but the tension is there.
Sultan,

You area beacon of reason, and for that I thank you.  I agree with you, in that Goose wasn't totally wrong, but he was portraying the situation as something personal, when it was not.  

Fr P and LW want Buzz to tighten it up, and have expectations that it will tighten up.  I suppose if Buzz decides he can't live with that, or that it is not reasonable, he may leave.  I hope that doesn't happen.  I love Buzz.

In other words, Goose was fanning the flames, and the board suffered.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2012, 10:09:29 PM »
As long as we have a President and AD who are looking for a way to get rid of him without firing him it won't take an offer from a blue blood, just a school better than SMU. It's going to be a long year for buzz, sort of like when Costanza had that job where the bosses gave him a crappy office and tried to make life hell for him.

Dude, where do you get off using "we".
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2012, 07:24:45 AM »
Ooooh; yeah, I am sooooooo jealous. 

Notice you didn't address the rest of what I said.  Figures.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2012, 08:02:12 AM »
Ooooh; yeah, I am sooooooo jealous. 

The true irony is LW's use of Liz Lemon, who is always sarcastic about her desires, yet it always turns out that the assumptions of Jack about what she wants from life are more accurate than her own.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2012, 08:40:09 AM »
In fairness to Lab, a lot of the speculation around here is on various topics that have some factual support.

Example: We know Buzz was recruiting X player because he was spotted at his games, so a rumor saying that MU signed X player is plausible.

In this case, a new boss(es), some off the court issues and bad PR MIGHT have created friction between Buzz and the MU administration. Fine.

But, there aren't a ton of tangible facts that we have seen that support this, and that's where the board went off the rails.

What I read:
- Larry wants to be more like ND or Northwestern
- Larry is a "Football guy"
- Pilarz/BOT think MU's athletic budget is out of control, would like it to be more like SLU
- MU is dumb because they changed the nickname, and they will probably run Buzz out of town too!
- Some well healed alums might be sneaky racist and would like more white players
- MU lets Buzz recruit players no other coach was allowed to (cheap shot BTW)
- MU might hate JUCOS
- Larry's JS quotes were mean

For me, that's where everything went sideways. To say there might be some friction seems plausible, but the ensuing thought process of some was insane and didn't make any sense.

Most of the people here are alumni. We're smart people. We shouldn't fall for some of this sh*t. 

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2012, 08:45:23 AM »
i can't believe a troll has started a 4 page thread....

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2012, 09:54:51 AM »
Never knew that Dean-O and Crean shared the same Milwaukee tie haberdasher until just now.

Jos. A. Banks is a national chain.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2012, 09:57:32 AM »
The true irony is LW's use of Liz Lemon, who is always sarcastic about her desires, yet it always turns out that the assumptions of Jack about what she wants from life are more accurate than her own.

Or, alternatively, the dramatic irony of Tina Fey, who plays and writes Liz Lemon's character, is in reality smashingly successful and one of the best comedy writers of the past 20 years?

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2012, 12:12:44 AM »
Goose,
I am with u on this  I do know a large financial MU supporter very well who happens to heve the same thoughts and insights u do? We talked in Phoenix and he is very concerned with the current folks running MU. Unless things improve the next 12 months, and they may, Buzz will take his skills elsewhere. Count on it? Pilarz is not Bob Wild.

Isn't Dr. Childs a big donor?  He doesn't seem that concerned.

What I'm taking away from all of this is that some in the administration do feel uncomfortable about how things have gone and some of the bad press that has come with it.  Some posters here said similar things and got crushed pretty good for it.  Now we see the same crushing of the President and the Athletic Director.  Some of it is almost hysterically conspiratorial. 
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636