Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Support Buzz  (Read 19400 times)

lab_warrior

• All American
Re: Support Buzz
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 01:17:32 PM »
Was there a post or something by someone that said that the master plan of Pillarz and LW was to fire buzz and have Rick Majerus be our coach so we can be like SLU? 

Oh yes...  IT WAS INCREDIBLY RATIONAL, AND VERY MUCH BELIEVABLE. 

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2012, 01:22:41 PM »

How do you change it?? Very simple....You remove the cancer(LW) before it spreads, and affects the rest of the body(MU Athletics). No relationship issues then.

Larry Williams is not the problem, if he's anything he's the messenger.  Both he and Fr. Pilarz are acting on directives given to them by the BOT when hired.  Let's not forget that we were on the front page of the Chicago Tribune twice in a 7 month period.  My understanding is some on the BOT are having a hard time reconciling that fact. 

I would hope that all fans show Fr. Pilarz and Larry Williams the proper respect as they do their jobs. Remember, we all have bosses.  I also hope Buzz realizes there are bosses every where. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2012, 01:42:53 PM »
I cant wait till we are on the front page of the 2014 JS

"MARQUETTE WINS NATIONAL TITLE;  Badgers lose in CBE Title Game"

chapman

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2012, 01:50:01 PM »

The Badgers story will be at the top and have a picture.  The MU story will be a little blurb on the side.  And it'll actually read:

Underage Marquette Players Drink Champagne
Marquette Wins National Title

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2012, 01:50:45 PM »

If it's the JS wouldn't it be BADGERS LOSE IN CBE TITLE GAME, Marquette Wins National Title?

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2012, 01:52:21 PM »
Larry Williams is not the problem, if he's anything he's the messenger.  Both he and Fr. Pilarz are acting on directives given to them by the BOT when hired.  Let's not forget that we were on the front page of the Chicago Tribune twice in a 7 month period.  My understanding is some on the BOT are having a hard time reconciling that fact. 

I would hope that all fans show Fr. Pilarz and Larry Williams the proper respect as they do their jobs. Remember, we all have bosses.  I also hope Buzz realizes there are bosses every where. 
If that's the case then Marquettes administration needs to grow some stones. Look, ND took a ton more heat than we did over an alleged assault that resulted in a SUICIDE! And the death of a volunteer with the football team. These were both tragedies far and away anything that's gone on at Marquette. Here's an idea...get some new PR people. Or, better yet, trust people to realize that the Chicago Tribune is a rag with plummeting subscription rates that is about 1/100th as influential as it thinks it is. Making a coaching change is just going to INCREASE focus on these ALLEGED incidents. The powers that be at ND have enough confidence in themselves, their institution and their constituents to realize these things happen. This is starting to feel like Marquette's infamous inferiority complex is rearing its pathetic head.

Save Buzz!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2012, 01:52:33 PM »

Lens, you're 100% right that almost everybody has bosses, but if Fr.Pilarz and L Williams are the frontmen in a debacle that causes MU to lose the best man and best coach it has had in decades, I won't accept their "I was just following orders" excuse.
Buzz is much more important to MU's future than either of them or anyone on the BOT. If they allow a hostile workplace environment to force Buzz out their legacies will be irrevocably tainted even as they are just getting started.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2012, 01:52:58 PM »
Oh yes...  IT WAS INCREDIBLY RATIONAL, AND VERY MUCH BELIEVABLE. 

Why? Because Father Pilarz can't wait to hire a high-profile pro-choice advocate?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2012, 02:02:38 PM »
Lens, you're 100% right that almost everybody has bosses, but if Fr.Pilarz and L Williams are the frontmen in a debacle that causes MU to lose the best man and best coach it has had in decades, I won't accept their "I was just following orders" excuse.
Buzz is much more important to MU's future than either of them or anyone on the BOT. If they allow a hostile workplace environment to force Buzz out their legacies will be irrevocably tainted even as they are just getting started.

Mr. Tap...I agree with you but this notion (not put forward by you) that because Larry Williams played football at ND he's trying to ruin MU hoops is ridiculous and makes our fan-base look dumb.  People need to realize this stuff is starting at the top.

PRN...agreed, ANY P.R. would be better than how MU handles situations.  That it got to that point (front page) is an embarrassment in itself.

FTR, my money (what's left post my Three Lions bet) is he stays.  I think he gets another bump and we all live happily ever after, in another words...saving the marriage for the kids.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2012, 02:02:53 PM »
If that's the case then Marquettes administration needs to grow some stones. Look, ND took a ton more heat than we did over an alleged assault that resulted in a SUICIDE! And the death of a volunteer with the football team. These were both tragedies far and away anything that's gone on at Marquette. Here's an idea...get some new PR people. Or, better yet, trust people to realize that the Chicago Tribune is a rag with plummeting subscription rates that is about 1/100th as influential as it thinks it is. Making a coaching change is just going to INCREASE focus on these ALLEGED incidents. The powers that be at ND have enough confidence in themselves, their institution and their constituents to realize these things happen. This is starting to feel like Marquette's infamous inferiority complex is rearing its pathetic head.

Save Buzz!

+1,000,000,000,000

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2012, 02:06:20 PM »

Save Buzz!

Holy crap what a great post  (No teal)

+1000000000000

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2012, 02:12:26 PM »
If this is true (don't really think it is) the BOT getting rid of a Buzz friend/backer in Cottingham at AD was the beginning of the disconnect.  And far more important then people realize.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2012, 02:12:58 PM »
Just emailed the 2 powers that be and cc'd Buzz
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

Goose

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2012, 02:13:23 PM »
+1 Stone Cold

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2012, 02:13:57 PM »
Mr. Tap...I agree with you but this notion (not put forward by you) that because Larry Williams played football at ND he's trying to ruin MU hoops is ridiculous and makes our fan-base look dumb.  People need to realize this stuff is starting at the top.

PRN...agreed, ANY P.R. would be better than how MU handles situations.  That it got to that point (front page) is an embarrassment in itself.

FTR, my money (what's left post my Three Lions bet) is he stays.  I think he gets another bump and we all live happily ever after, in another words...saving the marriage for the kids.

Hope you're right about the marriage being saved Lens, and FTR, I agree that anyone who posits that Larry Williams is intentionally sabotaging MU because he's a Domer is delusional. That said, his public pronouncements about Buzz have been curious and to my mind not overly supportive.

And Lens, please call me Lenny :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 03:00:48 PM by Lennys Tap »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2012, 02:16:20 PM »
Lenny
Of course LW is not idiot, but we could have different idea of direction of the program. I do not think he wants to hurt program but might have different approach than I would like.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2012, 02:20:49 PM »

Lens,

This is not a money issue and will not be resolved by a bump in salary. Much deeper than that.

Thank God this is SMU and not the openings from last year or he would be gone by now.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2012, 02:22:59 PM »
Hope you're right about the marriage being saved Lens, and FTR, I agree that anyone who posits that Larry Williams is intentionally sabotaging MU because he's a Domer is delusional. That said, his public pronouncements about Buzz have been curious and to my mind not overly supportive.

You know, this is interesting because Buzz often has overly honest and quirky comments about his players in post games. I would hope this didn't start because of something LW said about Buzz in an interview.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2012, 02:24:24 PM »
Lens,

This is not a money issue and will not be resolved by a bump in salary. Much deeper than that.

Thank God this is SMU and not the openings from last year or he would be gone by now.

I'm well aware it's not a money issue and I know how deep it is...I still think though that sanity prevails because as you said options of him leaving are limited.  Then to show faith going forward a raise might be given, which could off set power being taken away.  

Goose

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2012, 02:25:50 PM »
I am 100% certain that Buzz is not leaving...take it to the bank!!!!

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2012, 02:43:17 PM »

Have your sources told you that, or are you just trying to appease a few of the posters?  I personally like your scoop, even if the news is sometimes less than ideal.  It's always fun to know what's going on in the administration.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2012, 02:57:43 PM »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

What we should be speculating on is when it's announced that Buzz will NOT be leaving.

With that in mind, any idea when that will be made public and we can put this nonsense to bed?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2012, 03:13:33 PM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

What we should be speculating on is when it's announced that Buzz will NOT be leaving.

With that in mind, any idea when that will be made public and we can put this nonsense to bed?

If I were a betting man, I'd say either when SMU hires a new coach or Buzz signs his annual extension. Probably within the week. But FWIW, I've also heard Buzz is staying.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

PickNRoll

• Walk-On
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2012, 03:18:34 PM »
If Buzz isn't announced as the SMU coach by Thursday I'm guessing we're safe because SMU will want to be talking to people at the Final Four.

ort5210

• Walk-On
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2012, 04:15:37 PM »
Somewhere along the line I may have missed the boat (wouldnt be the first time).  Could someone give me a quick synopsis about the comments that have been made to lead to this discussion or at least a link?