[Today at 09:44:26 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[June 17, 2024, 08:36:32 PM]

Miletic Commits by Pakuni
[June 17, 2024, 04:37:03 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by The Equalizer
[June 17, 2024, 12:55:56 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DJ one of the best athletes in camp...  (Read 8337 times)

Murffieus

• All American
Re: DJ one of the best athletes in camp...
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 07:38:57 AM »
For DW to be a HOFer he's going to have to become a better shooter-----his body isn't going to be able to take that punishment flying to the like he does much longer----he's already starting to feel the wear and tear!

Because of his athleticism and speed---DJ has a great deal of upside----his regression this past year probably has a lot to do with his ambivilance to return to Div1 ----he faced too many zones designed to stop HIM plus someone on the staff should have been able to help him with his shooting-----in Europe or the development league that won't be the case!

bartmiller#1

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 08:20:33 AM »
It's going to be awfully tough for DJ to get drafted.

The report below is from the Houston mega-workout (featuring 3 sets of 4 players (guards, wings, bigs). 

From Draft Express:

"Apparently Dominic James could not finish his workout. Any doubt that remained regarding whether or not he will be back at Marquette next year is quickly evaporating. Everyone James’ people have spoken to have told him that it is in his best bet to return to school, since he is by no means a lock to get drafted."

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2007, 08:58:24 AM »
If James comes back (which it's sounding like it could realistically happen), the question then becomes - does he make MU better? I'm no longer so sure he does, purely from a chemistry standpoint.

Everyone saw how he played after the Duke game when he obviously seemed to have a more personal agenda than a team-driven one. My fear is that continues onto this season's team.

Obviously, James has freakish-ability, but how that ability would play out next season...in D-1 ball...after his disappointing spring/summer...I'm not so sure anymore.

I've said all along, I think that team is now McNeal's team and he's the leader. It will be interesting to see how the chemistry would mesh going into next year with McNeal's PG from high school (Acker) now ready and able to take on the PG duties if need be.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2007, 09:07:28 AM »
If James comes back (which it's sounding like it could realistically happen), the question then becomes - does he make MU better? I'm no longer so sure he does, purely from a chemistry standpoint.

Everyone saw how he played after the Duke game when he obviously seemed to have a more personal agenda than a team-driven one. My fear is that continues onto this season's team.

Obviously, James has freakish-ability, but how that ability would play out next season...in D-1 ball...after his disappointing spring/summer...I'm not so sure anymore.

I've said all along, I think that team is now McNeal's team and he's the leader. It will be interesting to see how the chemistry would mesh going into next year with McNeal's PG from high school (Acker) now ready and able to take on the PG duties if need be.

I'm with you. McNeal has ALWAYS made the team go. If he slumped, the team slumped.

This NBA experiment has been nothing but a failure for DJ. Sure, he found out what the scouts are looking for him to improve in his own game, but his confidence has been devastated (i.e., "lowering the bar" just to get drafted) and his ego is going to be super huge next year (to atone for his draft problems and placate his damaged confidence).

I predict...

...that next season, everyone is going to say, "Wow, is that REALLY Dominic James?" because he's going to suck it up.
SS Marquette

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2007, 09:31:45 AM »
This is directely specifically to 77ncaachamps and others of his ilk.   You are a true piece of work.  Might it be DJ wants to go pro becuase he is sick of hearing the hatred by losers like you? Comments like "I predict...

...that next season, everyone is going to say, "Wow, is that REALLY Dominic James?" because he's going to suck it up." 
 are pathetic. 

It is clear you are a true basketball afficianado.  Despite your insight the BE coaches were stupid enough to vote him all BE 1st team  and the morons at the NBA were stupid enough to invite him as one of 60 players to the NBA camp. 

Is DJ NBA ready right now? ...no.   

Despite that he has been a huge part of MU making 2 NCAA's following 2 awful years. Set a bevy of Freshman records at MU, and was named Big east Rookie of the Year.  He struggled at times this year as he was called on to be more of a scorer and that is not his strenght.  nevertheless, he was a huge part of another solid season.  Comments like yours are pathetic.  What have you ever accomplished that compares to his accomplishments at such a young age?  i picture a loser underacheiver hating from a keyboard.   

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 09:49:57 AM »
I don't think it matters whether DJ gets drafted or not at this point. TC's comments seem to indicate he has made up his mind not to come back. He will be missed, but we will survive.

bartmiller#1

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 10:01:54 AM »
I think McNeal was already the team leader.

I also think that if DJ returns, he will be very good and prove his naysayers wrong. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 11:12:13 AM »
I don't think it matters whether DJ gets drafted or not at this point. TC's comments seem to indicate he has made up his mind not to come back. He will be missed, but we will survive.

Whether he agrees or not, TC has to make it appear as if he fully supports DJ's decision. If not, it will be used against him on the recruiting trail. Just ask Bruce Weber, who made the mistake of being honest when asked to assess Dee Brown's professional prospects when he thought about leaving early.