[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507348 times)

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
Re: Latest Buzz Rumor: Credible Source
« Reply #1350 on: March 26, 2012, 11:06:28 PM »
As you may be able to tell, I never post here. 

However, I read this board on a daily basis, and have kept very close attention to the recent Buzz rumors.  I made a call to a source I have within the athletic department and have been told the following:
1) the meeting tomorrow is confirmed.
2) there is a good chance that tomorrow will be the day in which Marquette University decides to distance themselves from Coach Williams.
3) Apparently, the powers that be, feel like the recent "black eyes" on the program (the sexual assault case(s) primarily) are not worth keeping the coach.
4) The powers that be would like to do a "house cleaning" and feel like now is the opportunity for both sides to mutually agree to part ways.

Take this however you'd like- I only post this because I feel it's relevant and not B.S.

I really hope this turns out to be nothing more than a garbage rumor, and vow to never post again if that is the case.

I PRAY THAT I NEVER POST ON THIS BOARD AGAIN!

First and second bolded statements basically contradict themselves. "I have an inside source that I trust enough to post what knowledge they have. However, they could be totally bulsh*tting me and there is a chance this might be nothing more than a rumor.

As far as the last bolded statement, you have complete control over this. Really, there's no need to pray about anything.

mr.MUskie

• All American
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #1351 on: March 26, 2012, 11:08:04 PM »
the logic here not only prints frack but also writes kitten in replacement for another word meaning cat

Yes, yes it does.  You've been gone awhile, eh?

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #1352 on: March 26, 2012, 11:08:29 PM »
things we need to discuss more.

1.  The greatness that is Tom Crean

If Buzz bolts for SMU is there a chance at Tanned Tommy pulling a MacArthur?

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #1353 on: March 26, 2012, 11:08:44 PM »
this thread has been tainted.   Its greatness corrupted.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1354 on: March 26, 2012, 11:09:05 PM »
As you may be able to tell, I never post here. 

Hey now, we have a 50+ page thread for these kind of wild rumors.  I'll excuse you since you don't post much.  Merged.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #1355 on: March 26, 2012, 11:10:16 PM »
this thread has been tainted.   Its greatness corrupted.

a noble pursuit
dragged into the mire of sex
is nothing sacred

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #1356 on: March 26, 2012, 11:10:40 PM »
Hey now, we have a 50+ page thread for these kind of wild rumors.  I'll excuse you since you don't post much.  Merged.

The quest for 100 pages.  Just merge all Buzz to SMU threads here.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #1357 on: March 26, 2012, 11:12:09 PM »
Three things we need to discuss more.

1.  The greatness that is Tom Crean

2.  Aaron Durley.  Did he play this year?

3.  How crapy the studens are.  Do they even show up for weeknight games?

I think your typewriter is missing some keys.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1359 on: March 26, 2012, 11:12:50 PM »
This isn't an anonymous source. This is "someone in the athletic department who I talked to." Jim Ganzer and Jeff Goodman talked to sources who knew they would be used in a story. That is an anonymous source.

That's splitting hairs. I'll be the first to say that I think this guy is just trying to wind people up and pulling this crap out of his backside. But I also feel confident that some people that have been posting here and elsewhere today and are not journalists are talking to people in the know and trying to at least share something with people not as well connected. The Internet has definitely blurred the lines of journalism, and between message boards and blogs, the number of people that have legitimate reason to use "anonymous sources" has multiplied exponentially.

If I got a call from Dick Strong today (I didn't) and he told me that he felt confident Buzz would be staying, I don't see how it would be a problem for me to post on this site that I've heard Buzz will be here from a reliable source. In no way would that tell anyone where I heard it from, but by the same token, I'm very confident that if that conversation happened, Strong wouldn't want me to put his name on it.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1360 on: March 26, 2012, 11:12:59 PM »
The quest for 100 pages.  Just merge all Buzz to SMU threads here.

Just merge all Buzz to _____________ here.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #1361 on: March 26, 2012, 11:14:15 PM »
unscheduled meeting
ripe with anticipation
unknown agenda

GOO

• All American
« Reply #1365 on: March 26, 2012, 11:16:15 PM »
We made the news!!!

I guess this passes for news now!  Funny!  

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #1366 on: March 26, 2012, 11:16:49 PM »
That's splitting hairs. I'll be the first to say that I think this guy is just trying to wind people up and pulling this crap out of his backside. But I also feel confident that some people that have been posting here and elsewhere today and are not journalists are talking to people in the know and trying to at least share something with people not as well connected. The Internet has definitely blurred the lines of journalism, and between message boards and blogs, the number of people that have legitimate reason to use "anonymous sources" has multiplied exponentially.

If I got a call from Dick Strong today (I didn't) and he told me that he felt confident Buzz would be staying, I don't see how it would be a problem for me to post on this site that I've heard Buzz will be here from a reliable source. In no way would that tell anyone where I heard it from, but by the same token, I'm very confident that if that conversation happened, Strong wouldn't want me to put his name on it.

Then the minuscule percentage of credible, non-reporters who post in here and are accurate have been tainted by people like the one who just posted.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #1367 on: March 26, 2012, 11:17:10 PM »
We made the news!!!

Wow - they report what's on the board and have no other info.  That's news? LOL - we don't even know what we're talking about!

5993mcguirm

• Walk-On
« Reply #1368 on: March 26, 2012, 11:17:57 PM »
I don't have anything to hide.  I wrote my first post with nothing but the intention of getting a rise out of the board.  Yes, childish, I know.  I was then banned by the moderators and had to email them to be allowed to read this board.  I did so because I love reading this board, and I absolutely love MU bball.  I have nothing to hide- I'm a 26 year old graduate of the business school who resides in Chicago. 

I'm not looking for approval, nor do I think my post is something special.  I felt I that I received information worth relaying to those that care as deeply about our team as I do- so I did so.  That is all.

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #1370 on: March 26, 2012, 11:18:52 PM »
Wow - they report what's on the board and have no other info.  That's news? LOL - we don't even know what we're talking about!

Just shows how reliable we all are.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1371 on: March 26, 2012, 11:22:08 PM »
I don't have anything to hide.  I wrote my first post with nothing but the intention of getting a rise out of the board.  Yes, childish, I know.  I was then banned by the moderators and had to email them to be allowed to read this board.  I did so because I love reading this board, and I absolutely love MU bball.  I have nothing to hide- I'm a 26 year old graduate of the business school who resides in Chicago. 

I'm not looking for approval, nor do I think my post is something special.  I felt I that I received information worth relaying to those that care as deeply about our team as I do- so I did so.  That is all.

Everything seems tip top here, move along folks. Buzz is gone.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #1372 on: March 26, 2012, 11:23:54 PM »

Well then since it's true... Does anyone know how to riot? Not many good how-to videos on Youtube out there.... CBS that was a joke.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #1373 on: March 26, 2012, 11:25:28 PM »
I think nothing is a possibility but not just as likely.  This thing doesn't get created out of whole cloth, so there has to be something to it.
Yeah, SMU18 was stirring the pot.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #1374 on: March 26, 2012, 11:26:30 PM »
I have as many sources as CBS. None

I wish I had a clue. A meeting or no meeting? Who called the meeting. Why? So many questions.

feedback