[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507080 times)

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #1000 on: March 26, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »
No, it doesn't.

I'd rather not discuss enginerding.  I'd be lost.  It wouldn't be a lot of "fun."  By the way, Chicos used the  ::) all the time.  Did he teach you that one?   ::)  This also used to be the time where Chicos would show up and post hundreds of times a night.  Another coincidence?  ::)

Don't ruin my fun, Chicos!

If you click on his profile you can see his last posts.  His last 150 posts he used one of those happy faces things 5 times in 150 posts.  Feel free to go beyond 150 if you desire.  I think you can display 25 per page so it is very easy to see.  That sure defines all the time.  3.33% of the time.   Makes you wonder how many other sensational stories are out there.   :o  (I put that one in there for good humor, so as not to ruin your fun)

"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #1001 on: March 26, 2012, 03:21:13 PM »
come on, you were supposed to post nude women.

dinger

• Starter
« Reply #1002 on: March 26, 2012, 03:21:32 PM »
1000th reply!

And 5000th post!

BANNER WORTHY!

Congratulations

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #1003 on: March 26, 2012, 03:22:25 PM »
1000th reply!

And 5000th post!

BANNER WORTHY!

Hang the banner!!

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #1004 on: March 26, 2012, 03:23:25 PM »
Chicos, USAF sent to University of Michigan to get a MS in Aero Engineering. I understand the theory; it's bullcrap compared to strapping a jet on your ass and going into harm's way. Not much pucker factor in sitting for a diffy q exam when compared to putting your nuts on the line...Course, when we would see the line of tracers come arcing up at us our first thought was always, yea baby! Targets! Suffice it to say we enabled more than a few hajis to meet Allah...

I'm sure you did.  Michigan has a fine Aero Engineering program.  Ranked 5th and Purdue's is 6th.  I'm well aware of both programs.  
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #1005 on: March 26, 2012, 03:24:54 PM »
1000th reply!

And 5000th post!

BANNER WORTHY!

Yeah buddy. You were staking out the thread weren't you?
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #1006 on: March 26, 2012, 03:25:09 PM »
Bump

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #1007 on: March 26, 2012, 03:26:08 PM »
2002....Shut the frack up already...your so annoying, how many times are you going to ask why Buzz is unhappy? Are you that ignorant that you cant realize the shift in the way we handle athletics has affected Buzz? That we have a new AD who wants to be boss? That we have a new president who cares a lot about the image of the university? That the last AD resigned because of the poor image we created off the court? These are all HUGE changes...Would you be happy if the guy that hired you was gone? Buzz doesn't have the control anymore like he used to because of these changes, THAT is why he is unhappy. He gets the "talk" from LW after an interview when all he was doing was being himself. Wouldn't you be mad if your boss wouldn't let you be yourself? Think rationally people its not that difficult.

+1

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #1008 on: March 26, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »
HAHAHA.

I'd like to thank Hoopaloop for pulling a "chico's" and pulling up posts made hours and pages ago.

Verrrrrry topical stuff.

Thanks for the laugh. I'm not mad anymore.

Williams Brothers for life.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #1009 on: March 26, 2012, 03:29:20 PM »
1000th reply!

And 5000th post!

BANNER WORTHY!

Upon further review, 3 of those posts didn't count (for various) reasons.  You are going to have to un-retire and try to help your team win 3rd place in the division

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #1010 on: March 26, 2012, 03:32:21 PM »
1000th reply!

And 5000th post!

BANNER WORTHY!

Double congrats!!

Does that make you the head unnatural carnal knowledgeing kitten?

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
« Reply #1011 on: March 26, 2012, 03:36:22 PM »
1000th reply!

And 5000th post!

BANNER WORTHY!

Digger isn't impressed...he just picked against you.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #1012 on: March 26, 2012, 03:45:51 PM »
Think rationally people its not that difficult.

Pretty good nugget there, in a paragraph full of freak out, so yeah...I'm gonna go ahead and do that...

2002....Shut the frack up already...your so annoying, how many times are you going to ask why Buzz is unhappy?

He was going to keep asking until he got a reasonable answer.  Not all of us in this thread gobble up the bulls*** "just trust me" line.

Are you that ignorant that you cant realize the shift in the way we handle athletics has affected Buz?
That we have a new AD who wants to be boss?

Uh, technically, the AD is the boss... that's why he's the Athletic DIRECTOR.  

That we have a new president who cares a lot about the image of the university?

Man, DO ALL OF US EVER PINE for the day when MU will finally have a President who doesn't give two f***s about the image of the university.  That day will be splendid.

That the last AD resigned because of the poor image we created off the court?
These are all HUGE changes...Would you be happy if the guy that hired you was gone?

I'd be unhappy, but then I'd log onto my bank's website, check my balance, and not be unhappy anymore.  I'd also coach a practice or two at the resplendent Al McGuire center, see we've got a top 15 team full of straight up ballers, and not be unhappy anymore.  Being a grown man, I'd realize that given what happened, someone had to face the consequences, and usually that person is the boss, you know, the Athletic DIRECTOR.  That whole, "buck stops here" thing?

Buzz doesn't have the control anymore like he used to because of these changes, THAT is why he is unhappy.

A handful of posters here have said that unverified people have told them that Buzz is unhappy.  S***, even in that IWB skidmark masquerading as a web post, there is no specific mention of the admin. making Buzz unhappy. So highly likely none of this sentence has a word of truth in it.  It's just you getting echoing the echo chamber.  And how much more "control" does one have, being the basketball coach?  If Buzz wants to be the AD, then he should submit his resume.  

He gets the "talk" from LW after an interview when all he was doing was being himself. Wouldn't you be mad if your boss wouldn't let you be yourself?

As awesome as Buzz dancing at half court was, I understand that the boss would talk about it.  Hell, Buzz apologized immediately, because he knows he represents MU. If a boss "letting you be yourself" means either never correcting mistakes, offering advice, just allowing subordinates to do whatever the hell they wanted, why have a boss?  If everyone on this board felt that way about their bosses, no one here would be employed.  

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 03:48:46 PM by lab_warrior »

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #1013 on: March 26, 2012, 03:46:36 PM »
Goose,

Can you add some detail to your "Buzz is unhappy" statement/belief?

What exactly is he unhappy about? Is L. Williams really a big problem? Can he and Buzz coexist? Is this all being overblown? Is Buzz (or larry) just difficult to work with?

My feeling is that this is all being overblown by the internet, but you have been constantly saying that you know Buzz isn't happy. Do you have some details?  

We have a 38 page thread with you and MUguru using a lot of innuendo, but never really laying out any specific details about why Buzz isn't happy(from what I can tell).

A lot of people here have been played by hysteria caused by these two guys.  Are we about to have online bake sales and petitions asking Buzz not to leave?  Has anyone hired a plane to pull a banner around that says we love Buzz?  A singing telegram?  This stuff is crazy.  Are these two guys even MU fans?

We're being told an AD that went to Notre Dame would like to downgrade our program.  A president that purposely took time out of his original speech to the MU community to highlight athletics and men's basketball in particular is also in on the destruction.  

Next thing you know we will have people here fly off the handle because the AD spoke about the coach which he supervises.  Too late.  We have the most insecure fanbase on the planet.  Buzz isn't going anywhere.  If he does, the sun will rise in the east and we will hire a good coach. Three of the last four have taken us to the Sweet 16 and the one who didn't played for it but his team show about 25% against Arkansas.  I'd hate to see him go for all the reasons stated, but you would think that our basketball program lives and breathes as the result of one man.  BS. Have some damn pride about your program and the legacy created under many coaches over the years.

connie

• All American
« Reply #1014 on: March 26, 2012, 03:51:38 PM »
1000th reply!

And 5000th post!

BANNER WORTHY!

About the only worthy thing in this,   whatever the hell this is.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #1015 on: March 26, 2012, 03:53:47 PM »
Nice work Titan... Until this!

(Brought to you by Crean's Banner Emporium.  "You need a banner?  You got a banner guaranteed or I will jump my ATV over a shark tank while doing karate!")
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1016 on: March 26, 2012, 03:55:20 PM »
Let's recap the highlights of this thread:

*Someone posts a rumor about Buzz leaving
*Board melts down after 30 pages in a few hours on Sunday
*Digger, Blue, and Durley get weaved into the thread...what a surprise
*Badger troll poses as SMU know it all and suckers Hoops, et al into believing he is an all-knowing SMU insider
*CT make his first successful batch of Real Chili at home, minus oyster crackers
*Alleged fighter pilot on magic mushrooms (allegedly) posts haiku rants till 2AM...by the way if your are in the military, THANK YOU for your service.
*Tony "Bedford" no where to be found
*24 hours later, this is still an unsubstantiated rumor

Did I miss any highlights?

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #1017 on: March 26, 2012, 03:56:22 PM »
A lot of people here have been played by hysteria caused by these two guys.  Are we about to have online bake sales and petitions asking Buzz not to leave?  Has anyone hired a plane to pull a banner around that says we love Buzz?  A singing telegram?  This stuff is crazy.  Are these two guys even MU fans?

We're being told an AD that went to Notre Dame would like to downgrade our program.  A president that purposely took time out of his original speech to the MU community to highlight athletics and men's basketball in particular is also in on the destruction.  

Next thing you know we will have people here fly off the handle because the AD spoke about the coach which he supervises.  Too late.  We have the most insecure fanbase on the planet.  Buzz isn't going anywhere.  If he does, the sun will rise in the east and we will hire a good coach. Three of the last four have taken us to the Sweet 16 and the one who didn't played for it but his team show about 25% against Arkansas.  I'd hate to see him go for all the reasons stated, but you would think that our basketball program lives and breathes as the result of one man.  BS. Have some damn pride about your program and the legacy created under many coaches over the years.

+1, Hoopaloop

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qvPugcb7QGE&amp;fs=1&amp;source=uds" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qvPugcb7QGE&amp;fs=1&amp;source=uds</a>

GOO

• All American
« Reply #1018 on: March 26, 2012, 03:58:49 PM »
I look at Buzz as a guy who is just getting started.  The first couple of years he just had to keep things together and field a team.  Yet, he as able to recruit players to keep us going and coach us to the NCAA's when we probably were in a rebuilding mode for at least 2 of his first 3 years. He really had to scramble to keep things going and had to fill many scholarships.  

Now, he has managed to keep a staff together, make a name for himself, and continue to recruit and coach at a high level.  He has done a great job while he was establishing himself.  Now that he is established and can sell himself to recruits based upon concrete accomplishments, the bar has been raised as to what he can accomplish.  

I think he can take this team/athletic department to a level we have not seen since the early 80's, while being mentioned with and becoming a top 15 type of program.  We will have some down years, but I suspect we will see many great years.
Even Katz has mentioned us as a top BE program.  

Buzz has a good relationship with so coaches at many highs schools.  Not to bring Crean into this, but Crean seemed to have hit his limits and had so many negative relationship especially locally with coaches.  Buzz seems to be just getting started.    

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1019 on: March 26, 2012, 03:58:55 PM »
Hoop...If LabWarrior has your back you are way off target. Be careful who you associate with on here.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #1020 on: March 26, 2012, 03:59:46 PM »
*Alleged fighter pilot on magic mushrooms (allegedly) posts haiku rants till 2AM...by the way if your are in the military, THANK YOU for your service.

Alleged? You must be new here. It was 11 pm in Seattle.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #1021 on: March 26, 2012, 04:00:52 PM »
Let's recap the highlights of this thread:

*Someone posts a rumor about Buzz leaving
*Board melts down after 30 pages in a few hours on Sunday
*Digger, Blue, and Durley get weaved into the thread...what a surprise
*Badger troll poses as SMU know it all and suckers Hoops, et al into believing he is an all-knowing SMU insider
*CT make his first successful batch of Real Chili at home, minus oyster crackers
*Tony "Bedford" no where to be found
*24 hours later, this is still an unsubstantiated rumor

Did I miss any highlights?

Yes, you missed that all appears well now, so we can relax.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1022 on: March 26, 2012, 04:05:14 PM »
Yes, you missed that all appears well now, so we can relax.

Agreed......that was implied.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1023 on: March 26, 2012, 04:06:34 PM »
Can I organize the online bake sale?
The haikus kept me up too late because I was laughing too hard.
Been gone for a few hours and have to catch up.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #1024 on: March 26, 2012, 04:07:42 PM »
Hoop...If LabWarrior has your back you are way off target.

I don't particularly think Hoop gives one f***ing iota who he does or doesn't associate with on this board, or who has his back, and I wouldn't expect him to.  Nor would I expect him to give a s*** with your assessment of how on or off target he is.

Be careful who you associate with on here.

Again, the ninny comes out.  Be careful, HOOP!

feedback