Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Gainsville newspaper article on MU v Fla  (Read 7808 times)

Windyplayer

• All American
Re: Gainsville newspaper article on MU v Fla
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 10:59:24 PM »
I have read about 50 posts here tonight.  After reading about Buzz's dealings with posters here, how he might be upset or might not be, other threads about passive aggressive posters, other threads about getting on your knees and pleading your coach to stay and appealing to his ego.  I'd say you guys here have the psychoanalyst positions all to yourself.  In spades. 
Albert, where have you been all our lives? Please, continue posting.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 09:09:57 AM »
I have read about 50 posts here tonight.  After reading about Buzz's dealings with posters here, how he might be upset or might not be, other threads about passive aggressive posters, other threads about getting on your knees and pleading your coach to stay and appealing to his ego.  I'd say you guys here have the psychoanalyst positions all to yourself.  In spades. 

I'll bring it out again, what are your thoughts on common opponents Ole Miss and Rutgers?

You made mention out of LSU and Vandy but why not these other two teams?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 09:19:33 AM »
Come on little man.  You still upset that I took you to task for your comments about Blue and the fact you totally discounted his positive contributions and focused solely on his offense?  You were the one that was critical and wanted him replaced by Mayo, right?  That wanted him benched, correct?  You sure you want to get butt whipped again? 

Give it a rest.  You showed no basketball acumen, I called you out and you have cried ever since. 

Attack people's positions on topics, don't attack the people. 

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 09:39:50 AM »

Maybe we love college basketball too much. I'd like to see you psychoanalyze the UF football forum, especially after a loss or after Urban Meyer left, stayed, then left again to OSU.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 09:42:19 AM »
We are confident.  How did you lose to LSU?  Vanderbilt by 20 in your building?  We feel good.  Shut down either Crowder or Odom and game over.  Contain both of them and let a third guy beat us.  We don't see your third guy as a threat.  Being honest.

Both those loses were during a clear rut in our season. A rut we obviously recovered from.

Florida is good and Beal and Young are tough matchups for anyone.

But you Florida fans sure like to forget the fact that you lost 4 of 5 to end the season and beat Norfolk State to go to the Sweet 16. Marquette also beat Norfolk State this season. Twice, in fact.
We Are Marquette

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 09:48:21 AM »
No need to get angry little fella.  I've seen my share of Big East games as we have a Big East team here in the state.  I am not naive but calling it the way I see it.  The same way those experts see it.  They must be naive.  Blue is not a scorer.  Cadhougan is not a scorer.  Mayo might be, but has looked inconsistent.  You have two bonafide superstars and the big man from Virginia that can do some damage against some teams. He appears limited in his conditioning. 

This falls into the "Never argue with an idiot" category.

Albert Gator

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 11:57:21 AM »
I'll bring it out again, what are your thoughts on common opponents Ole Miss and Rutgers?

You made mention out of LSU and Vandy but why not these other two teams?

We lost to Rutgers in double overtime at that little box they call a gymnasium.  We did not play well.  It was the first game after Christmas break, we hadn't played in 7 days.  We beat Mississippi away, in January.  You beat Mississippi on a neutral site in November.  Ole Miss got better since November.

We also beat Norfolk State by 34 on a neutral court.  You beat them by 2 points on a neutral court.

I see KenPomeroy has changed something this morning where UF is now 13 and Marquette is 15.  An exciting game awaits.

Good luck

Albert Gator

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2012, 12:00:20 PM »

But you Florida fans sure like to forget the fact that you lost 4 of 5 to end the season and beat Norfolk State to go to the Sweet 16. Marquette also beat Norfolk State this season. Twice, in fact.

Those 4 of 5 losses came to #1 overall seed Kentucky for two of them.  Vanderbilt, a team that clocked you guys.  Georgia on the road.  The Georgia loss was a poor showing.  So was your Louisville performance.  Yes, you beat Norfolk State twice.  By 2 points on a neutral court but we beat them on a neutral court by 34.

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2012, 12:03:19 PM »
Those 4 of 5 losses came to #1 overall seed Kentucky for two of them.  Vanderbilt, a team that clocked you guys.  Georgia on the road.  The Georgia loss was a poor showing.  So was your Louisville performance.  Yes, you beat Norfolk State twice.  By 2 points on a neutral court but we beat them on a neutral court by 34.

With that logic, we might as well not show up  ::)

Albert Gator

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2012, 12:05:30 PM »
With that logic, we might as well not show up  ::)

It should be a terrific game.  I expect you to show up.  I expect the Gators to win, but it will not be easy.  No one in the Sweet 16 is going to go down easy (well, other than you guys last year to North Carolina).  ;D

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2012, 12:05:40 PM »
The Georgia loss was a poor showing.  So was your Louisville performance. 

So you are comparing Georgia to Louisville, ok gotcha.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Albert Gator

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2012, 12:28:42 PM »
Just think if some NBA team would have been smart enough to hire this "expert".  Jordan and the Bulls would have never won a Championship.  She had the knowledge that no one else did.  She could have told them "just shut down Jordan and you will win".  Damn, that is so brilliant.  I bet if some of the BE coaches read this they would be kicking themselves right now.  JTIII could have had the #2 seed, if only he had known.  BRILLIANT!

She?  What are you, in 4th grade? 

The NBA is about winning a series, not just one game.  It is very difficult to shut down superstars for an entire series, but you can for one game, even in the NBA.

Albert Gator

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2012, 12:30:58 PM »

So you are comparing Georgia to Louisville, ok gotcha.

You looked awful against Louisville.  Your point guard couldn't even dribble the ball. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2012, 12:32:56 PM »
You looked awful against Louisville.  Your point guard couldn't even dribble the ball. 

We also beat them by 11 earlier in the season.  It's not easy to beat a Rick Pitino team twice in a season.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2012, 12:34:03 PM »

Yes we did look bad in our tourney loss to Sweet 16 bound, Big East Tourney champ Louisville.  
You lost to Georgia.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

🏀

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2012, 12:34:09 PM »
You looked awful against Louisville.  Your point guard couldn't even dribble the ball.  

Yeah, he's right MU B2002. You specifically looked terrible against Louisville, should really clean yourself up.

The fact this Alber Gator constantly refers to Marquette as 'you' and Florida as 'us or we' infers that he is a heavy mouth breather.

Albert Gator

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2012, 12:39:16 PM »
We also beat them by 11 earlier in the season.  It's not easy to beat a Rick Pitino team twice in a season.

I believe Louisville was missing several players

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2012, 12:40:11 PM »
I believe Louisville was missing several players

They must have been playing for the Bulldogs that week.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Albert Gator

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2012, 12:48:04 PM »
Yeah, he's right MU B2002. You specifically looked terrible against Louisville, should really clean yourself up.

The fact this Alber Gator constantly refers to Marquette as 'you' and Florida as 'us or we' infers that he is a heavy mouth breather.

I just looked on your board and found over 100 examples of your posters just in the last 2 days saying "we" when referencing Marquette.  Way to call all your fellow fans mouth breathers.  Fine example of foot insertion into pie hole by you. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2012, 12:52:14 PM »
I just looked on your board and found over 100 examples of your posters just in the last 2 days saying "we" when referencing Marquette.  Way to call all your fellow fans mouth breathers.  Fine example of foot insertion into pie hole by you. 

We have many mouth breathers as well, I'm well aware. Except I doubt any of them have the trolling abilities of Al Gator.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2012, 06:09:44 PM »
We lost to Rutgers in double overtime at that little box they call a gymnasium.  We did not play well.  It was the first game after Christmas break, we hadn't played in 7 days.  We beat Mississippi away, in January.  You beat Mississippi on a neutral site in November.  Ole Miss got better since November.

We also beat Norfolk State by 34 on a neutral court.  You beat them by 2 points on a neutral court.

I see KenPomeroy has changed something this morning where UF is now 13 and Marquette is 15.  An exciting game awaits.

Good luck

We can just eliminate some time by saying "our" team played badly in their losses and "our" team played great in their wins. No? Just seems easier for both sides.

Lazer Sound

• Walk-On
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2012, 08:00:49 PM »
What I like about this Albert Gator is the research he is putting in.

He read "50 posts" and then followed it up with "100 examples" of MU fans saying "we." 

Say what you will about the guy, but he is scholarly in his approach.  And I agree with him, it should be a great game.  The only thing I'd argue against his theory of shutting down our stars is that florida is not a strong defensive team save Young.  I expect us to score a ton of points.