[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MISSING: Thomas Hecht  (Read 13479 times)

HelixAir6

• Scholarship Player
MISSING: Thomas Hecht
« on: March 12, 2012, 01:58:25 PM »

Hello all,

My colleague's brother went missing on Saturday night after a night out on Water Street.  Any information that you may have would be greatly appreciated.  His name is Tommy Hecht and was last seen at Rosie's around 10pm on Saturday.  If you have any details or information, please contact the Milwaukee Police department.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/142341335.html

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/police-searching-for-missing-water-st-bar-patron-b54hmr2-142340385.html

awilhelmscream

• Starter
Re: MISSING: Thomas Hecht
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 04:02:34 PM »
I worked with Tom at the same real estate company in college.  If you have any info please call the police.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 04:16:07 PM »
In our prayers...I hope for quick and safe return.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 08:06:50 PM »
I hope this young man is found safe, soon.

I posted this in the Philbin thread awhile back, but I thought I would link it again.

How is it not in the news about the similarities between all these college to 30 year old guys dissappearing from bars/nights out with friends?
In the past 2 months you have had 3 examples in Wisconsin alone. I understand an occassional person fall into the river (although I can't recall it happening to 1 drunk friend in 4 years.), but cmon.

Jan 8th
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7657889/toxicology-reports-show-joe-philbin-son-drunk-time-death

March 5th
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/04/police-search-for-missing-wisconsin-college-student/

Now this.

http://sfkillers.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiley_face_murder_theory

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 09:18:30 PM »
Criminologists smarter than anyone here have debunked it repeatedly.  That doesn't mean it isn't the case now, but I find it very odd that it is all males...all about the same age...and all falling into rivers. 

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 09:32:17 PM »
And all from a handful of states, primarily Wisconsin and Minnesota.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 09:36:26 PM »
got sent a flyer on him making the rounds on facebook. that's good.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 08:26:53 AM »
Whole thing is scary and I do not understand how it only happens to men. There just seems to be something else going on out there. Again, our prayers for the family in this difficult time.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 12:46:05 PM »
Disappearances under mysterious circumstances happen to men and women. Lauren Spierer disappeared last summer at IU and is still missing.

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/gallery/Search-Continues-for-IU-Student-123189648.html

reinko

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 12:53:45 PM »
Disappearances under mysterious circumstances happen to men and women. Lauren Spierer disappeared last summer at IU and is still missing.

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/gallery/Search-Continues-for-IU-Student-123189648.html

Unfortunately yes they do, this young man has been from BC for a few weeks now too.

http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrodesk/2012/03/search-for-franco-garcia-missing-boston-college-student-resumes-chestnut-hill-reservoir/TZhqmYz8X4FvfZEN3fFsUK/index.html

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 02:58:39 PM »
Dr. Zevits, the criminology teacher with the eye-patch, has claimed for years that something is going on with these men disappearing. He suspects foul play and to be honest I agree.

Hope this guy is found and alright.
Bring back FFP!!!

bellairehusky

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 06:44:03 PM »
Hi:

Newbie here.  An alum sent me this link.  A dear friend of mine passed under similar circumstances almost exactly two years ago.  See this link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,588714,00.html

The organization that searched for my friend is called Texas EquuSearch.  I met TE in New Orleans for a water search at the request of the family.  I was at first skeptical but when I met them, they knew exactly what they were doing - they had with them wind reports, water current charts, river maps, weather reports, etc.  They surveyed the situation and told me exactly where they thought the body would be.  They even asked for a Ferry to not move since they felt the body would be disturbed and lost in the Gulf Coast forever.  They used very sophisticated Sonar equipment.  WITHIN ONE HOUR of undocking their boats they found my friend.  We had one advantage of already suspecting that our friend had fallen in the MS River.  I was so impressed with them that I became a Board Member.

I pray that your loved one has not met a similar fate.  However, some quick tips on the stuff that we did:

1.  Almost all businesses have video recording on the outside of their place of business.  Do a perimeter search of all business' video footage and see if you can trace his whereabouts.  You will need the Police to request that of the places of business.  Its critical to do it now before businesses loop erase their data.  Also, all government buildings and many public places have good video recording on the outside.

2.  Scent dogs can have some success.  Some organizations provide them free of charge.  You'd be amazed at what dogs can pick up even days after a presence.

3.  If, God forbid, he is in the water, you have to do the search right away as bodies will float and head downstream after a few days (as I learned, cold temps and water delay the process a bit).

Finally, if you would like to enlist the help of Texas EquuSearch, have your local police department make the request.  They may already know about the organization.  For your information, here is the link:  www.txeq.org  Texas EquuSearch does not charge for their services, but they are funded through individual donations (mostly help from the families that they have helped).

PM me if you wish to know more.

God Bless and good luck.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:17:12 PM by bellairehusky »

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 07:03:45 PM »
And all from a handful of states, primarily Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Similar story in Chicago last week. Hope this story has a happier ending.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 07:44:58 PM »
Dr. Zevits, the criminology teacher with the eye-patch, has claimed for years that something is going on with these men disappearing. He suspects foul play and to be honest I agree.

What does he suspect is happening?

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 07:48:34 PM »
IMO, if you had killers taking out college kids after drinking hours outside of bars, there'd be some survivors, stories by now of a person(s) taking them down to watersedge but them getting away.   Especially with young dudes and if they fought there'd be gun fire/knife assaults to trace.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 11:11:45 AM »
IMO, if you had killers taking out college kids after drinking hours outside of bars, there'd be some survivors, stories by now of a person(s) taking them down to watersedge but them getting away.   Especially with young dudes and if they fought there'd be gun fire/knife assaults to trace.

There has been, and not surprisingly there was no foul play involved. Without looking it up, there was a drunk UW-Lax student who fell in the Mississippi and lucky for him, some people saw it, and was saved. He was a lucky one that someone happened to see.

People don't seem to want to accept that young otherwise intelligent college students do some really foolish things when they drink to much, so they go the other extreme and convince themselves that there has to be more to the story. They say there is no way/no reason they would go down to the river to take a leak, swim, whatever. Well, then explain the case above. Had the onlookers not been there, he would have been the latest victim of the "smiley face killer." Of course, without one single solitary piece of evidence to suggest that such a killer actually exists, he might as well be Bigfoot.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 11:24:44 AM »

I had Zevitz the semester when he transformed from non-eye-patch to eye-patch-wearing awesomeness. I thought it was temporary at first, and then it just stayed.

Zevitz is also known to employ "the biggest curve known to man" (his words), where you can get a 70% and get an A. Great class. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:28:59 AM by Victor McCormick »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 11:30:00 AM »

Somewhat similar perhaps, but I wouldn't compare these types of incidents... they've at least recovered the bodies in the drowning incidents.  Is Spierer still missing?

I'll admit, it makes for a great serial killer story or at the very least, shifts the potential for blame away from the deceased, but when guys get completely ripped... some of us can get pretty irrational and do stupid things.  When girls get completely ripped and bad things happen, it's typically an issue of vulnerability, not stupidity.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 11:42:45 AM »
Somewhat similar perhaps, but I wouldn't compare these types of incidents... they've at least recovered the bodies in the drowning incidents.  Is Spierer still missing?

I'll admit, it makes for a great serial killer story or at the very least, shifts the potential for blame away from the deceased, but when guys get completely ripped... some of us can get pretty irrational and do stupid things.  When girls get completely ripped and bad things happen, it's typically an issue of vulnerability, not stupidity.

Note, "and is still missing." in regard to the Spierer story.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 05:10:19 PM »
I had Zevitz the semester when he transformed from non-eye-patch to eye-patch-wearing awesomeness. I thought it was temporary at first, and then it just stayed.

Zevitz is also known to employ "the biggest curve known to man" (his words), where you can get a 70% and get an A. Great class. 

Same here, fall 2005 Intro to Crim?

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 05:19:38 PM »
Same here, fall 2005 Intro to Crim?

You bet. How many times did you go to class?

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 05:36:12 PM »
more often than i should've, i was just a stupid freshman. sometimes it seemed like i was the only one there for such a large lecture.

Coach Norman Dale

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2012, 09:10:35 AM »
Is Spierer still missing?

Sadly, yes, she is still missing.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2012, 03:52:58 PM »
You bet. How many times did you go to class?

I had him in 2005 as well. TallTitan34 did as well. He went to class all the time, PTM not so much.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2012, 04:11:56 PM »
I had him in 2005 as well. TallTitan34 did as well. He went to class all the time, PTM not so much.

I believe Blackledge was also in our class.  His legs stretched over the whole row of chairs in front of him.