Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mick Cronin with a BRILLIANT jab  (Read 3982 times)

Wade for President

• All American
Mick Cronin with a BRILLIANT jab
« on: March 09, 2012, 08:40:59 PM »
Following Cincy's upset of Cuse, Mick was interviewed by Doris Burke.  Mick's last comment was beautiful.  Scratch that...it was frackin awesome.

"It's the Big East Tournament.  Biggest stage.  I don't know why any recruit wouldn't want to play in the Big East.  (Wait for it...). And I don't know why any school would want to leave."

Ohhhhhhhhh!  Perfectly scripted jab at Cuse.

Well played Mick Cronin.  Well played.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
Re: Mick Cronin with a BRILLIANT jab
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 08:45:37 PM »
Following Cincy's upset of Cuse, Mick was interviewed by Doris Burke.  Mick's last comment was beautiful.  Scratch that...it was frackin awesome.

"It's the Big East Tournament.  Biggest stage.  I don't know why any recruit wouldn't want to play in the Big East.  (Wait for it...). And I don't know why any school would want to leave."

Ohhhhhhhhh!  Perfectly scripted jab at Cuse.

Well played Mick Cronin.  Well played.

Which is why the comment earlier by whomever (mviale?) makes little sense to me.  As if Buzz doesn't care much about the Big East tournament.  That's coo coo talk.  This is a big tournament, one of the most important in the country.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 08:56:56 PM »
Which is why the comment earlier by whomever (mviale?) makes little sense to me.  As if Buzz doesn't care much about the Big East tournament.  That's coo coo talk.  This is a big tournament, one of the most important in the country.
Surprised you're posting on MU board when Purdue is playing OSU.

JustinLewisFanClubPres

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 09:07:23 PM »
That's coo coo talk.

Is that like baby talk?

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 06:53:17 AM »
Glad for Cronin. Too bad we shat all over the court at MSG or Buzz would be havin a field day talkin to the press.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 07:09:24 AM »
Is he the mystery Kevin Jones detractor?

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 08:38:24 AM »
Is he the mystery Kevin Jones detractor?

Hmmm...Interesting.  I gained so much respect for Cronin last night.  I would venture to say that Boeheim, Huggins, and Dixon would agree 110% with this quote.

Despite losing our first game, this Big East tournament has been incredible (plenty of high drama).  See ya Syracuse.  I'm sure all those Cuse fans at the Garden last night are really excited for future tournaments in Greenville.

National Champs

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 09:43:36 AM »
Hmmm...Interesting.  I gained so much respect for Cronin last night. ...

Last time I gained respect for Cronin he suspended someone who should be in jail for only 6 games. I'm expecting a gutless move by him to back up his ballsy comments.
We Are Elite

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 10:02:41 AM »
It was a nice jab, but at the end of the day we are the ones left in a significantly weakened conference.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 10:22:29 AM »
With the late additions of Temple and Memphis, we are left with a slightly weakened basketball conference.      Memphis/Temple for WVU/Pitt is essentially a push.   Syracuse, on the other hand.....
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 10:26:52 AM »
With the late additions of Temple and Memphis, we are left with a slightly weakened basketball conference.      Memphis/Temple for WVU/Pitt is essentially a push.   Syracuse, on the other hand.....
Houston could end up being a diamond in the rough.  UH already has a couple highly-sought recruits for next year.  Maybe a return ( sort of ) to the Phi Slamma Jamma days....?

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 10:31:58 AM »

Answer: becuase Tom crean has already authored another post season flameout.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 11:02:33 AM »
Surprised you're posting on MU board when Purdue is playing OSU.

Why, are you unable to multi-task?  How do people here get on chat and watch MU at the same time?   ::)   I was chatting on one of our Purdue boards also. Some of us are more talented than others apparently.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 11:04:42 AM »

Answer: becuase Tom crean has already authored another post season flameout.

Your response makes no sense.  First, IU actually won a game in their tournament.  Second, they lost to a higher seed so they went according to seeding.  MU, actually lost to a lower seed if that's where you are going.  Third, your comment has nothing to do with what I was asking.  The poster seemed to say Buzz wanted to lose early or really didn't care about the Big East Tournament.  Based on what I've seen of Buzz and his passion for basketball, I don't see that as remotely possible.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 11:10:00 AM »
Your response makes no sense.  First, IU actually won a game in their tournament.  Second, they lost to a higher seed so they went according to seeding.  MU, actually lost to a lower seed if that's where you are going.  Third, your comment has nothing to do with what I was asking.  The poster seemed to say Buzz wanted to lose early or really didn't care about the Big East Tournament.  Based on what I've seen of Buzz and his passion for basketball, I don't see that as remotely possible.

I am amazed by your dual IU PU fanhood.  How does that work?

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 11:13:55 AM »
I am amazed by your dual IU PU fanhood.  How does that work?

?-(

What did I post that was not factual?  This has nothing to do with fanhood.  Did IU win their first game?  Did IU lose their second game to a higher seed?  Did MU lose to a lower seed.

I see three statements there, all 100% factual.  None of them based on fanhood.  Please help explain your comments.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 11:18:35 AM »

But league seeding doesn't matter any more than the committee than AP or Coaches Poll rankings. Marquette lost to a lower seeded team, but Louisville is a higher rated RPI team than Wisconsin. So MU lost to a higher ranked team than IU did.

But I agree that I don't think Buzz would intentionally tank the BET. I sure as hell hope not...if so, I'd say that's grounds for firing. And no, I'm not remotely kidding.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 11:25:51 AM »
But league seeding doesn't matter any more than the committee than AP or Coaches Poll rankings. Marquette lost to a lower seeded team, but Louisville is a higher rated RPI team than Wisconsin. So MU lost to a higher ranked team than IU did.

But I agree that I don't think Buzz would intentionally tank the BET. I sure as hell hope not...if so, I'd say that's grounds for firing. And no, I'm not remotely kidding.

That's an odd way of looking at it.  MU is ranked higher than Louisville in rankings, KenPom, RPI and lost to them, a lower ranked team than MU.   Yes?   In other words, MU was supposed to win the game.  Wisconsin is ranked higher than IU in rankings, Ken Pom and beat them as expected.  Yes?  In other words, Wisconsin was supposed to win the game.  Stuff happens. 

We agree completely on the BET.  Not sure where he came up with that thought process about Buzz.  The guy (Buzz) is too wired on winning to want to do anything but capture the BET.  Any suggestion otherwise is out there.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 11:27:03 AM »
?-(

What did I post that was not factual?  This has nothing to do with fanhood.  Did IU win their first game?  Did IU lose their second game to a higher seed?  Did MU lose to a lower seed.

I see three statements there, all 100% factual.  None of them based on fanhood.  Please help explain your comments.
Not disputing any facts in your post.   I just wonder why a PU grad takes any time to defend TC.  I wouldn't take time to defend Bo Cryin or Digger (in the day), or say, Huggy.

Just wondering.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 11:29:02 AM »
I don't think he meant Buzz is saying that the BET doesn't matter and they didn't try that hard. I think the point was Buzz realizes that because we lost, it doesn't mean that the season is a failure and basically over. The Tournament that matters most is the NCAA Tournament, and that's where legacies are made. The Conference USA title was nice under Crean, but everyone remembers the Final Four.