Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Novak vs the Bulls last night?  (Read 2962 times)

MU Chi_IL

• Team Captain
  • Marquette is Solid Gold!
Novak vs the Bulls last night?
« on: November 17, 2006, 09:19:35 AM »
Did he see the court, I got caught up last night and could not watch?

for those following him, how is he doing in the mins he is seeing?  D? Shooting ok?

DoubleMU0609

• Team Captain
Re: Novak vs the Bulls last night?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 09:22:20 AM »
The line from last night... (just the same as the past 5 games)

Steve Novak, F DNP COACH'S DECISION

bartmiller#1

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 09:42:39 AM »
Novak gets almost no PT. 

I think he has more DNP-CDs and inactive games than anyone on the Rockets roster. 

Van Gundy is horrible to play for as a rookie and Steve is on a loaded team.  They have athletic guards like Wells and Luther Head.  They have a guy who can shoot and who is more athletic than Novak in Snyder and a more rugged guy in Padgett. 

And then Battier does everything well.  Not a lot of minutes-- couple with Van Gundy's reluctance to play kids-- tough for Steve.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 09:47:06 AM »
who wants to start the www.TradeNovakToMiami.com website?  ;D

but seriously.. I can't even begin to imagine what he did to get that far into the doghouse.. he get too familar with mrs. van gundy or something?!  Even Diener got cleanup minutes throughout the first bunch of games as a rookie...
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 03:30:58 PM »
For Van Gundy not to put Novak in the game in Milwaukee was ridiculous...even if it was for a few seconds.  The kid's first game in the pros back in his home town in his college arena and Van Gundy doesn't let him see the floor...what an a-hole.  I don't care how close the game was, just get the kid on the floor.

bartmiller#1

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 03:33:53 PM »
I don't think Novak is in the doghouse.  I think he's stuck behind decent players on a good team-- all of the guys playing ahead of him are known commodoties.  Van Gundy sticks with those types of guys.

I don't think it's such a big deal that Novak didn't play in Milwaukee.  It would have been nice, but Van Gundy's job is to win ball games-- and that ended up being a pretty close game (though I don't think it was throughout)-- Van Gundy doesn't care about whether it's Novak's first game in Milwaukee.  He only cares about winning. 

Pro hoops-- warts and all.