[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: That's it ... I'm moving to Alabama!  (Read 4967 times)

Pakuni

• All American
That's it ... I'm moving to Alabama!
« on: May 22, 2007, 06:56:25 PM »
Finally someplace my family can be free from the scourge of edible panties and blowup dolls.  ::)

Ala. sex-toy ban goes to Supreme Court

The owner of adult stores in Alabama asked the Supreme Court on Monday to throw out a state ban on selling sex toys, calling it an unconstitutional intrusion into the bedroom.

If the court declines to take the case -- as it did in 2005 -- Alabama residents shopping for sexual novelties could soon have to look outside the state's borders.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/po/20070515/co_po/alasextoybangoestosupremecourt

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: That's it ... I'm moving to Alabama!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 11:38:58 PM »
I don't agree with the ruling, hell I have 3 blow up dolls...just kidding.

But, at least it's a state deciding on its own matters and not the damn Federal gov't.  Exactly how it should be.

Pakuni

• All American
Re: That's it ... I'm moving to Alabama!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 07:35:54 AM »
I don't agree with the ruling, hell I have 3 blow up dolls...just kidding.

But, at least it's a state deciding on its own matters and not the damn Federal gov't.  Exactly how it should be.

Really? Even on matters of Constitutional rights?

I mean, I think I know what you're saying, but I can't possibly believe you mean it in such a broad sense. It was essentially the same argument you're offering that was used to uphold segregationist policies of the past in certain states (like my future Sweet Home Alabama). I think you would agree that there are certainly some matters in which states shouldn't be allowed to decide on its own matters, and the damn Federal gov't must intervene. If not, what's the point of a federal Constitution? Why not let states decide what level of free speech is permittable within their borders or whether that whole equal protection clause is all that necessary for its residents?

feedback