Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Another nationally televised whipping, at least in the first half  (Read 8620 times)

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
Re: Another nationally televised whipping, at least in the first half
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2012, 09:44:49 PM »
Game would have been closer if Yancy hadn't gotten those two early fouls. That completely changed how they played. Second half was close with him in the lineup.,except for the worst full court press i have ever seen. we couldn't move tonight

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2012, 10:04:38 PM »
Really - you dont see this as a possibility - especially with the increased competition upcoming as well as how bad Marquette played tonight (matching some stretches of really stinker ball they played throughout the season. 

Guess we can't all be homers. 

Not sure how being an optimistic fan of a good team makes one a "homer."

Am sure how turning only the sixth loss of an extremely enjoyable into a death watch makes you a joyless mope.

Now go beat your dog and get outta here.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2012, 11:54:10 PM »
Since we haven't lost many games in the last two months, I forgot how entertaining the Scoop board becomes after a loss.   Losing is never fun, but reading the comments of the experts on this board always gives me a laugh. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2012, 08:31:31 AM »
Since we haven't lost many games in the last two months, I forgot how entertaining the Scoop board becomes after a loss.   Losing is never fun, but reading the comments of the experts on this board always gives me a laugh. 

Very true, but .. I think we're all pretty disappointed in the meltdown. 

I mean, I think we all expected to wake up this morning and see the troll tsunami.  What is there, 2 threads?  Are they on spring break or something? 

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2012, 11:58:02 AM »
Good lord.  This place is laughable sometimes.

In '03, I remember a MU team that came out in their first game of the conference tournament against UAB and played like they all ate a huge meal of mexican food right before the game.

A few weeks later, I seem to remember a game in the Metrodome in which DWade spent most of the afternoon hanging from the rim looking down at Marquis Estill.  Later, he cut the nets off and the team went to the final four for the first time in 26 years.

Sometimes good teams play bad games.  Did the Packers win the super bowl this season?  Were they any good?

When would you rather have MU lose? Last night or in two weeks?

Some of you people need to put the keyboard down and have a little perspective before you write the crap that you do.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2012, 12:14:43 PM »
Yeah, we all can't FURIOUSLY masturbate thinking about present and future losses  all the attention you are going to garner on a random message boardlike you can, either.

(Edited.)

Fixed....don't feed the trolls
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

feedback